QVC reviews..once again, pointless!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
I submit a review for an Elemis kit yesterday. Glowing review, loved the kit, great value etc. I got an e-mail very soon after saying that the review has been rejected!! The e-mail implied that I'd broken the rules on mentioning price..all I said was that the kit was amazing value as the price of the eye cream alone was the price of the kit which included 3 further products!! SO by extolling the virtues of QVC's value I broke their stupid review rules??!

Honestly, people are allowed write reviews for stuff they might not even have purchased, people write reviews for TSV's on the day they're released but I can't submit a balanced POSITIVE review? Makes a joke of them banging on about their '100 or more 5* reviews' when flogging a product.

I just won't bother from now on...they could learn a lesson (as always!) from companied like Amazon who allow you to put pretty much anything you like in a review.

I'm sick of this - I've never had a review accepted and I've never been able to work out why or how I might have broken their fecking stoopid rules either. I've been fair, factual, complimentary where deserved and still no acceptance!

Stuff them....I don't bother anymore.

I've had a review rejected today to - i'm completely finished with writing any reviews and will not be doing so in future as i feel i'm wasting my time. Any reviews (2) which i have had rejected has been because i mentioned the fantastic value compared to the normal QVC price i had received!! both reviews were 5 stars and all very favourable - what with the taking of double payments and the rejecting of 5 star reviews i'm completely fed up with QVC at the moment. They seem to be getting to big for their boots - shame on them:sad:

I've only left a review for the Liz Earle superskin collection which was favourable and accepted in September of last year.. As much as I love the Liz Earle range even I was shocked to see a review submitted and accepted before the product launch of the Engergising Body Lotion Set had taken place dated SUNDAY 9TH JANUARY 2011 thats 8 days before the product went to air... Why are these reviews accepted and not yours RedT??

wot a mare....the only reason I can think for them rejecting these reviews is because they may no longer be accurate if/when QVC increase the price of the kit/item?? (ie value for money may longer be relevant) just a thought....

It seems a ridiculous and arbitrary revue system at the best of times. As people have said, why on earth are reviews published before a customer has even received an item? Why are they published when a person hasn't even bought an item? Why are they published when they're about a different item in the range? Useless reviews and of no benefit to a potential customer wishing to glean some information about a product before paying for it. Twice...

The review system as used by the presenters is also very misleading, and for non-computer using customers, a way for the presenters to skew the facts totally; as in when they state, "This has several 5 star reviews on our website", at the same time omitting to mention that it has several 1 star reviews and a shedload of comments along the lines of "Why QVC continue to sell this useless item is beyond me..." And let's face it, a number of the reviewers have an eye to getting their words broadcast during presentations, and their gushing is overdone, to put it mildly. As a potential buyer I just want to see factual comments, written by someone who has purchased the exact item in question, used it, and been satisfied or dissatisfied, and found it to be good value for money or not, as the case may be. I don't want to waste time ploughing through comments along the lines of, "QVC is so wonderful, and with the 30 day MBG you really have nothing to lose, so buy it..." Pass me a bucket to vomit into or kick, depending on my mood at the time.
Why on earth one of my reviews was rejected I'll never know. I mean to say, I simply stated that the item reeked of stale tobacco, made my cat leave the room and then throw up in the hallway, was ridiculously overpriced, and turned me into a fair facsimilie of Olive from On The Buses. But on the positive side, I had at least received the product within a month of ordering, so I was, therefore, pleased that QVC had started to pull their socks up when it came to delivery times...Now just tell me what's wrong with that????

wot a mare....the only reason I can think for them rejecting these reviews is because they may no longer be accurate if/when QVC increase the price of the kit/item?? (ie value for money may longer be relevant) just a thought....

I would have thought they had the right to edit.

Latest posts

Back