QVC UK Guest Amy Anzel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She was the No!No! guest wasn't she?
I don't think she was the No No!! guest. Maybe Amy filled in? I think the regular was American?

I've watched the apprentice in the past and laughed at how dumb some of the contestants are. How they run their own businesses and make money has to be questionable. It's no wonder some of their business plans are taken apart by the professionals.

CC
More & More now, they ar e propped up by parents.

I don't think she was the No No!! guest. Maybe Amy filled in? I think the regular was American?

Attachments

• 271C9779-7A83-4481-B6F3-2FA275973F70.jpeg
    271C9779-7A83-4481-B6F3-2FA275973F70.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 103

I can’t remember whether Amy was the first/ original regular presenter (think so) or a later one but for a time she was definitely the main BA...
And she is American!

Then there was an English lady as BA with quite a London type accent and then I think another lady from America used to come over as the main presenter, with support from the English one...!

Sorry, it’s late/early!!

Just read she was on the Bachelor in 2002! She’s certainly done a lot!

Oh dear, the DM have it in for her already.

The squeaky clean John Barrowman?? Wow, DM are determined to gun for her. Are they also doing a hatchet job on any other competitors? Or just the 48 year old, oldest would-be apprentice, I wonder?

I think the producers of The Apprentice select contestants for their lurid pasts, arrogance, horrible voices of various accents and thickness of their skulls.

I wouldn’t employ any of them except the woman wearing the head scarf - the only normal (as we know it) person there !

I think the producers of The Apprentice select contestants for their lurid pasts, arrogance, horrible voices of various accents and thickness of their skulls.

I wouldn’t employ any of them except the woman wearing the head scarf - the only normal (as we know it) person there !
Eyebrows excepted. .

For the photoshoot, did they tell the women to adopt resting b*tchface?? The men, look like they've just received bad news, except Navid, who didn't get the memo about not smiling... not even a hint of a smile.
Shama has scary eyebrows!

I thought this had been a general Apprentice thread but seems it about Amy Anzel...

Wonder if anyone is (still) watching the series?
I’ve seen about half.

Amy is long gone.
She was better than some of the other candidates and was pretty professional in most of her tasks but then got a bit b**chy in the boardroom!

Anyway.... The episode this Thursday is the classic “shopping TV” challenge!

They’ve been trailing it quite hard at the end of previous episodes and from what I can see, it’s going to feature TJC!

It keeps referring to it as “one of the UK’s leading shopping television channels”...
Suppose that is true but it’s not a big pool!

It looks as if it may be quite good fun (aka a car crash!) in any case!
There are several numpties left (probably bc a lot of them are, although most of the tasks seem to be set up to make them fail/look like bigger idiots than they are!)

I’m watching the series and I couldn’t take to Amy at all. She seemed to have an air of superiority about her that grated on me. Whatever they think about their “talents,” none of the remaining candidates are team players which isn’t much use to Lord Sugar. Although I enjoy watching them doing the tasks (for the amusement value) I really like the interviews when their “fabulous” business plans are taken apart by the experts.

I’ve no idea who will be hired but, in my opinion, candidates from previous years have been much stronger.

I’m still with it although need to catch up with last week’s episode. Sadly I can more or less predict how the contestants will react - the spoilt whine-y women and the school playground men. I wouldn’t employ any of them, even as my filing clerk.
I quite enjoyed last weeks - putting on corporate away days at Silverstone - although they very much did not cover themselves in glory! 😂

I’m scared of Harpreet...

I actually enjoyed “You’re Fired” on BBC 2 after more than the main show...

And find the boardroom decisions unfathomable!

I’m watching the series and I couldn’t take to Amy at all. She seemed to have an air of superiority about her that grated on me. Whatever they think about their “talents,” none of the remaining candidates are team players which isn’t much use to Lord Sugar. Although I enjoy watching them doing the tasks (for the amusement value) I really like the interviews when their “fabulous” business plans are taken apart by the experts.

I’ve no idea who will be hired but, in my opinion, candidates from previous years have been much stronger.
I think the team player bit has rather fallen by the wayside! He's now looking to invest in an entrepreneur's business... so keeping it Q-related, like a Tom Pellereau. He still comes on Q with his products. The last time was the makeup brush cleaning gadget.

Last edited:

Oh no, I didn’t warm to Amy either, I just thought she was better at some tasks than some of the others. Maybe just bc of her age etc..
She was very feisty on You’re Fired. Which was with that awful orange woman who does some of the interviews you mention - which I also enjoy very much!
Though I’m missing Claude Litner!

Do you think he still wants team players when they’ll just be runnng their own businesses?

All he ever seems to value is good sales!

I think the team player bit has rather fallen by the wayside! He's now looking to invest in an entrepreneur's business... so keeping it Q-related, like a Tom Pellereau. He still comes on Q with his products. The last ine was the makeup brush cleaning gadget.
Literally just posted the same thing about wanting a team player!

If he’d gone with Amy she’s already QVC fodder!

Not sure he’ll go for another cafe business (Harpreet)?

I watch The Apprentice and I'm just spellbound at how useless the contestants are. I watched last weeks event management and it wasn't difficult (I used to do Ev Man years ago) and yet they managed to balls it up. All the tasks are pretty basic business but they continue to fail. I think Catherine's on a sticky wicket and the Asian chap who's name I can't recall. There's not really any strong contenders.

Amy was OK, not sure she should have gone before some of the others.

CC

ive not watched tonights shopping tv one but if its as bad as when they done it live (as i was acutally watching tjc when it was happing) & thought ohh god this is bad & it must be the apprentice again so cant wait to see how bad it really was
Oh when was that? (That they did the actual live selling)

Assume it was at some point last year. But there was no sign of any Covid restrictions in the studio, or anywhere else during the series I noticed, so hard to know when it could’ve been...

You should definitely watch tonight’s show, I found it entertaining!

The actual selling was excruciating, and painful..

I have to assume that the real producers are MUCH calmer than the contestants doing that job on the show, but how on earth the sellers coped with having such chaos in their earpieces, I have no idea!

It did give me slightly greater respect for the QVC presenters (for a bit anyway!), as it reminded me just how hard it must be to speak with all that going on in your ears...

One team chose particularly tacky and random items to sell - plus an AAAA tanzanite ring...
Whilst the others had an air fryer and slightly better products, although I had no idea the stuff they flog on TJC!

Oh when was that? (That they did the actual live selling)

Assume it was at some point last year. But there was no sign of any Covid restrictions in the studio, or anywhere else during the series I noticed, so hard to know when it could’ve been...

You should definitely watch tonight’s show, I found it entertaining!

The actual selling was excruciating, and painful..

I have to assume that the real producers are MUCH calmer than the contestants doing that job on the show, but how on earth the sellers coped with having such chaos in their earpieces, I have no idea!

It did give me slightly greater respect for the QVC presenters (for a bit anyway!), as it reminded me just how hard it must be to speak with all that going on in your ears...

One team chose particularly tacky and random items to sell - plus an AAAA tanzanite ring...
Whilst the others had an air fryer and slightly better products, although I had no idea the stuff they flog on TJC!
yeah i know i saw it live as i reconise some of the faces & i was like this isnt that good compared to the normal one & i think its cause they were in an appentice bubble all living together is how they got around the covid rules part

Latest posts

Back