QVCs Charlie Bears prices - RIDICULOUS - 'V' for value - don't think so!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Wanted to highlight this as a separate point to the regular CB thread as others not just CB fans may be interested.

V is supposed to be for value - how are these for value???

Merlin - £48.50 + £5.45 postage RRP of £44.99 Corfe Bears have him for the RRP with free postage and a 5% discount for every subsequent order after your first. Even without the discount he's still £8.94 cheaper from Corfe however they don't have him in stock yet.

Michael £47.50 + £5.45 postage RRP of £44.99 Corfe Bears again have him for the RRP with free postage and a 5% discount for every subsequent order after your first. Even without the discount he's still £7.94 cheaper from Corfe however again they don't have him in stock yet.

There are lots more examples I could put on here that are similar. How come last year the prices plus the postage came to about the same as the RRP? I'll tell you why...QVC get all of the bears before any other stockist. The independents can take preorders but do not know when you'll get your bear until 5 days before they receive them from CB. Therefore QVC think they can increase the prices because they have them in stock first and now and fans have just received the catalogue and want the new bears now. I think this is so out of order especially when Charlie Brook was banging on about the 'value' last night! Will stepped in and said that often it's not about the value but availability - nicely done Will! He obviously was trying to diffuse Charlie's comment. I suppose Charlie and Will cannot tell QVC what to sell at after all an RRP is recommended so QVC can basically do whatever they want. I think it's out of order though!

After reading your post I've just been to check out Magpie, where I order from, & you're so right.
Michael is £44.99 same as Corfe & Merlin is £44.99 as well.
Unfortunately they aren't available yet, just on pre order.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes corfe bears or Magpies to get the new collection of charlie bears in.

Bought Caitlin rabbit last night...but think I will use QVC as the showcase in future and Corfe Bears for purchases. Best of both worlds!!!

my grandma likes to see the bears on air so shes bought a couple via QVC via me like

Ah I am with your grandma, it is nice to see the products live on air. I have resisted so far though!! Surprised that they were still doing the hard sell re the tsv on the last show. Am a newby and thought the tsv was a bit lack lustre!!:wonder:

I was going to buy Thumper after spotting him on the website yesterday, but will not be buying him from QVC, not just because QVC have piddled me off no end recently, but from corfe Thumper works out over £5 cheaper as he is £29.99 with free delivery.

Ah I am with your grandma, it is nice to see the products live on air. I have resisted so far though!! Surprised that they were still doing the hard sell re the tsv on the last show. Am a newby and thought the tsv was a bit lack lustre!!:wonder:

yeah my grandma loves them for her grand daughter and that after i showed her my Rodley bear and she loved him so she doesnt mind payin the extra to see them in the flesh and she knows she can return them but they are soo cute and hard to return them like

Totally agree with the over-pricing - I couldn't believe it when I was comparing the QVC prices against the catalogue prices. I've received Kitty from QVC but only ordered her as she was on introductory price. I've pre-ordered Merlin and Thumper from Magpie Gifts.

On a separate note - has anyone experienced any problems with Charlie Bears - I've had a bit of a traumatic experience with Rhubarb! My sister-in-law picked him up for a cuddle when she visited at Christmas and his head fell off!!! I emailed Charlie Bears and have to admit to being very disappointed with their response - basically they said this rarely happens and to take him to a teddy hospital. After thinking about it more I've emailed them again as I'm not very happy with this reply. Won't stop me getting more bears though!

On a separate note - has anyone experienced any problems with Charlie Bears - I've had a bit of a traumatic experience with Rhubarb! My sister-in-law picked him up for a cuddle when she visited at Christmas and his head fell off!!! I emailed Charlie Bears and have to admit to being very disappointed with their response - basically they said this rarely happens and to take him to a teddy hospital. After thinking about it more I've emailed them again as I'm not very happy with this reply. Won't stop me getting more bears though!

I'm surprised with their response. They have got new people working for them - maybe not trained properly yet? I would write back and insist Charlie or Will replies. They are in Australia for a few weeks though. Say you are a big collector and will stop collecting if you don't get an acceptable response!!!

Thanks Tinaborder - I've emailed them again with photos so will let you all know how it goes.

End of the day QVC are a business and can charge what they like, unfortunately most of there customers take it as gospel they are getting a bargain and don't shop around.

It doesn't suprise me the response was to take the headless Teddy to the Teddy Hospital,because they are real dontcha know!!
Charlie says they play together and have picnics,live in a hug,she snuggles their bottoms and loves their personalities, so when they are poorly where else would they go!!!
It'll save a mint on customer service...very clever of the wealthy bear manufacturers ha!

I'm afraid they lost any credibility with me when they made "wuuurrvve and snuggle"!!(cringy in Will speak):blush:

Last edited:
Totally agree with the over-pricing - I couldn't believe it when I was comparing the QVC prices against the catalogue prices. I've received Kitty from QVC but only ordered her as she was on introductory price. I've pre-ordered Merlin and Thumper from Magpie Gifts.

I bought a "My First Charlie Bear" for a friend's newborn and was very worried after taking a close look at it. The plush, in particular along the seams was coming out in clumps. Hardly safe for a baby. I emailed Charlie Bears and received a reply from the so called Head Bear stating that this was perfectly safe and that perhaps I should give it a good brush!!!! I've kept the email and am considering taking it along to the Trading Standards Department.

I like the bears but cannot bear (excuse the pun) Charlie and Will, they are both so sickly and false I just can't watch the shows.

Charlie Bears

I like most people on this forum love Charlie Bears and my husband collects them, but i have noticed that they are vastly more expensive when you buy them on QVC and that doesn't include the postage which is roughly £5 on top of the price, I order my bears from another source, I have recently purchased a bear out of the new collection called TRACY which is named after me when i contacted charlie bears direct, it is on wait list but I think that adds to the excitement in receiving it xxxxxx:heart

Update on Headless Bear

Very pleased to report that I have had a very positive email from "Head Bear" -
"
Many thanks for your reply – I apologise it has taken me so long to reply but after QVC we always have a dramatic increase in communication and I spent all of last week responding to Monday’s emails!!!

Many thanks for attaching the photo, I can see exactly what you are talking about and agree this sort of fault should never occur.

Can I ask that you return the bear to the address below and I will arrange the repair / replacement of this item for you.

Once again thank you for getting in touch, I look forward to hearing from you again soon."

So am relieved to say that Rhubarb may shortly have his head reattached!:happy:

Very pleased to report that I have had a very positive email from "Head Bear" -
"
Many thanks for your reply – I apologise it has taken me so long to reply but after QVC we always have a dramatic increase in communication and I spent all of last week responding to Monday’s emails!!!

Many thanks for attaching the photo, I can see exactly what you are talking about and agree this sort of fault should never occur.

Can I ask that you return the bear to the address below and I will arrange the repair / replacement of this item for you.

Once again thank you for getting in touch, I look forward to hearing from you again soon."

So am relieved to say that Rhubarb may shortly have his head reattached!:happy:

Really pleased they are sorting it for you!

Latest posts

Back