Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SCHLOCKO will never change, I don't mind him but I wouldn't (in fact couldn't) believe a word he says. It's not quite Bid standard sneakiness but it's pretty damn close isn't it? Let's say it's disingenuous at best, mind you QVC are no better. That Green Seasons crap was on yesterday and the bullshatting masonesque butcher was boasting they only supply QVC, hardly surprising seems as they own 'Green Seasons', whatever it actually is!

Fabulift is no different I suspect than products like 'Eyesential'. They do work for a few hours, I've seen the proof but if you've got a grid like Jagger it ain't gonna do much!

And put too much on and you'll look all flaky and scabby like The Singing Detective man :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11332

I remember watching that!

One review made me laugh, from a woman who said somebody asked her at work what she'd got on her face. She looked in the mirror and it looked like she'd walked through a cobweb :mysmilie_19:

I remember watching that!

One review made me laugh, from a woman who said somebody asked her at work what she'd got on her face. She looked in the mirror and it looked like she'd walked through a cobweb :mysmilie_19:

Eyesential is the same if you put too much on, it looks likes you have Eczema or perhaps even Rosacea if you scratch it :mysmilie_13:

Since getting back from holiday I haven't watched it at all. I tuned into something on our first day home with that utterly appalling, demonic, screeching banshee Genevieve and I just turned it off, quick smart.

I don't think I've watched it since :mysmilie_59:

I must admit I don't switch over that often either.

He's been on demonstrating Dyson's for a while now.

Ironic isn't it? One of the scruffiest sights ever on Selly Telly shilling ludicrously overpriced hoovers for that 'immaculate home' look.

Get lost QVC :mysmilie_19:

But he did make an effort when he was shilling a Kincaid.... oh yes.

thanks Wirral - I didn't know he'd been on there before - is it a case of how the Mighty have fallen? You're right - he looked as though he'd spent the night in a hedge, and the obligatory too-tight shirt, busting at the buttons (how sexy - not!). I had to smile - at one point he moved to a different part of the set, and Jilly scurried over, to pick up the attachments pieces, saying "I'll bring these" - I think she thought he'd forgotten what he was going to demonstrate next, so she had to remind him! Laugh? I thought I'd never start.....

He's been on demonstrating Dyson's for a while now.

Ironic isn't it? One of the scruffiest sights ever on Selly Telly shilling ludicrously overpriced hoovers for that 'immaculate home' look.

Get lost QVC :mysmilie_19:

Me too! I freely admit I watch for the laughs (naughty I know) and to see how "inventive" they can be in getting us to buy, and how many of their uncles/aunts/grannies and first cousins 65 times removed have one in their homes..

I love watching now and again i love a good laugh listening to the b*****ks they talk:mysmilie_19:

Now, I thought we were all told, about 2 years ago, that Schlocko was going into business with the one, the only (drum roll).........Sally Jacks, aka Sal the Screecher? Whatever happened to their wonderful business partnership that we were all promised (or threatened with) and told was going to set the world alight? And if he only sells products he loves, he must have loved an awful lot of products, because he's constantly changing allegiance to something else.

It certainly is, same old or even older bullshat than you think.

I was just flicking through and SCHLOCKO is on with Ten Ton Tammy's Fabulift and he said 'I only sell products I love'.

Remind me Momma, who did you say was SCHLOCKO's business partner? :wink:

Me too! I freely admit I watch for the laughs (naughty I know) and to see how "inventive" they can be in getting us to buy, and how many of their uncles/aunts/grannies and first cousins 65 times removed have one in their homes..

Talking of which...

Shaun was on earlier with that folding mobility scooter.

This time he was talking about his late father's ill health, and how it had made him a virtual prisoner in his own home-his life seemingly reduced to languishing in front of a television.

Speaking about the marvels of the Luggie scooter, Shaun reflected on how it would have been such a blessing for his dad, mentioning how his restricted mobility was still a matter of regret for him and his mother. Quite why his late father would have ONLY benefitted from this particular scooter-as opposed to the many other scooters available at the time-was not explained. I also couldn't quite understand why they hadn't thought about getting him a wheelchair, if only to get him away from the television once in a while. We can only hope that Shaun's dad at least had a decent mattress to sleep on:confused:

Shaun copes surprisingly well for someone carrying so much guilt, and it is reassuring to know that the (albeit totally preventable) distress of deceased family members was not in vain.

Their loss is Ideal's gain:mysmilie_59:

Talking of which...

This time he was talking about his late father's ill health, and how it had made him a virtual prisoner in his own home-his life seemingly reduced to languishing in front of a television.

Speaking about the marvels of the Luggie scooter, Shaun reflected on how it would have been such a blessing for his dad, mentioning how his restricted mobility was still a matter of regret for him and his mother. Quite why his late father would have ONLY benefitted from this particular scooter-as opposed to the many other scooters available at the time-was not explained. I also couldn't quite understand why they hadn't thought about getting him a wheelchair, if only to get him away from the television once in a while. We can only hope that Shaun's dad at least had a decent mattress to sleep on:confused:

Shaun copes surprisingly well for someone carrying so much guilt, and it is reassuring to know that the (albeit totally preventable) distress of deceased family members was not in vain.

Yes - the bogus personal anecdote is a great tool for the shopping telly presenter. It serves to not only illustrate the benefits of the product , but can also introduce a lachrymose sentimentality which tells the viewer that compassion is the driver rather than any financial motive.
Parents and grandparents are excellent fodder , particularly when 'they maybe don't get around as well as they used to.'
Remember though that if channelling one's grandmother the words 'grandmother ' and 'grannie' should be avoided- it must always be 'nan' .

Personally, I await Hayley Green's description of how the Luggie changed her life.
Just sayin.......... :)

Just a quick one.
Well worth a watch is the repeat of mickey mason doing the £20 tools at 1pm on ideal extra or catch up on the website.
Many gaffs and you could see he wasn`t impressed with the rubbish work bench...to be fair he did it alone and was the presenter/expert :bow:

Just a quick one.
Well worth a watch is the repeat of mickey mason doing the £20 tools at 1pm on ideal extra or catch up on the website.
Many gaffs and you could see he wasn`t impressed with the rubbish work bench...to be fair he did it alone and was the presenter/expert :bow:

Well, if you need someone to demonstrate being a tool, you want Barra Boi!

Um, sorry: "using" a tool.

Oh desertranger, I'm still laughing as I write this.....such a funny post! I hasten to say I'm not in any way mocking Shaun's late father, as I feel totally sorry for the poor man if any of Shaun's story is true, but you have captured the far-fetched sobfest that is Shaun so brilliantly. What the heck, mobility scooters have been around for yonks and then some....why couldn't the poor man have had one - or a wheelchair, as you say? Did he have to wait for a cut-price, staff discount one from IW? And the comment about the mattress made me laugh so much - I'd forgotten about that tear-jerker saga of the uncomfortable mattress that poor old granny had to sleep on - until I read your post.. You've summed it all up so well. Perhaps they could make a TV series out of Shaun's (supposed) family?

Talking of which...

I caught sight of him promoting the under £20 day today.....he was standing in front of a big banner, proclaiming "Under £20", but his head was obscuring most of the sign....I could comment further, but perhaps not...:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_11:

Just a quick one.

Latest posts

Back