Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks like ideal has sold their database, just had an email from mainspring boutique, welcoming me to their company as a loyal customer of ideal, this is Jonathan Bordells watch company. Anyone else received this message ? (nicked from facebook)

Bordell doesn't miss a trick who is/was the "expert" for Nubeo please don't say Bordell
I am guessing its launch will be Bordell...quite looking forwards to him and Fields fighting it out up till now Fields has pretty much had TJC to himself with his garbage Gamages watches apart from the odd Du Champ show......

or is he he might have arranged a date with Our Bet
IF he ever turns up again anywhere which seems unlikely but not impossible any guesses on the number of cards he tells the dear viewer he has had? (even though they wouldn't know where he is)

I will start at "hudnreds"

I am guessing its launch will be Bordell...quite looking forwards to him and Fields fighting it out up till now Fields has pretty much had TJC to himself with his garbage Gamages watches apart from the odd Du Champ show......
Gives me an excuse not to watch both watch brands now :)

TJC have played the long game with Du Champ with Ideal having the lower price got the bargaining power now for all these watch brands

Looks like ideal has sold their database, just had an email from mainspring boutique, welcoming me to their company as a loyal customer of ideal, this is Jonathan Bordells watch company. Anyone else received this message ? (nicked from facebook)

Bordell doesn't miss a trick who is/was the "expert" for Nubeo please don't say Bordell

Technically speaking Mainspring Boutique is just a web site, not a company. It's run by The Dartmouth Brands in London, which is a subsidiary set up for the Distribution & Marketing of Solar Time Ltd (Hong Kong) watch brands, Solar Time are the company behind CCCP, Ballast, Nubeo, AVi-8, Earnshaw, Duxot, Cadola, Mainspring Boutique etc etc. Bordell is just part of the marketing side.

Gives me an excuse not to watch both watch brands now :)

TJC have played the long game with Du Champ with Ideal having the lower price got the bargaining power now for all these watch brands

Yeah and they can also be landed with any future ASA complaints.

From the little of the watch shows i've seen on TJC, they're just as bad at spouting bullshit and lies as IW, if they are going to be flogging more brands, especially with Bordell on the shows, then i'm pretty confident ASA will need to be informed. ;)

Interesting that CVQ is not immune from spinning a load of bol...rubbish too. That woman who swallowed a Texas Speak & Spell on 78 rpm droning on about the '116 years of heritage' with Hell & Bowell. It's not just once she does it. She does it all the time. I couldn't stand anymore of hearing it and put a complaint in to the without their teeth in ASA... Possibly some coincidence, but when she was presenting another of H&B product yesterday, she told us that a new team had taken over 'a few years back'. Not heard that before from her. Could she have been informally asked to have done that? Who knows..

Yeah and they can also be landed with any future ASA complaints.

From the little of the watch shows i've seen on TJC, they're just as bad at spouting bullshit and lies as IW, if they are going to be flogging more brands, especially with Bordell on the shows, then i'm pretty confident ASA will need to be informed. ;)

Without a doubt Andy Hodgson is pretty good with the watches (when they are cheap he calls them cheap) he looked pretty uncomfortable with Gamages the one time I saw and explains the Duchamp well

I hate to say it but having a few ASA "knuckle wraps" a year will be worth the probable new customers the brands would attract

As ever with the old Ideal brands were they not selling due to the channel or due to them being horrendous value?

Just to get any new folks into the mood of what to expect when Bordell is an expert watch guest.

This from a show featuring Bordell & Creepy Crawley, Aug 2020, for CCCP watches.

This is a pic of Bordell, showing of a guide book to Slava movements, eulogising over the Vintage Slava movement in the watch which are currently sitting in front of Crawley. Sounds good except the watch in front of Crawley has a CHINESE SEIKO NH35a in it and the next watch that feature on the show had a refurbished Slava movement, refurbished with CHINESE parts. :eek:

Slava.JPG

Without a doubt Andy Hodgson is pretty good with the watches (when they are cheap he calls them cheap) he looked pretty uncomfortable with Gamages the one time I saw and explains the Duchamp well

I hate to say it but having a few ASA "knuckle wraps" a year will be worth the probable new customers the brands would attract

As ever with the old Ideal brands were they not selling due to the channel or due to them being horrendous value?

Except the info provided by Dechamp, which is on their web site, isn't exactly kosher.

This is a pic from their web site. It's a Photo-shopped, that building doesn't have a Duchamp sign atop it, it does have few signs but not Duchamp.

Capture.JPG

Here's the reality.

Capture2.JPG

Sallys Swimwear Enjoy, I’m off to watch the darts

Well that's a few minutes of my life I won't get back. Couldn't watch right to the end, the excitement of watching Sally show us her new Tesco bikinis was too exciting and I had to have a lie down. She's very kind to invite us to view her wearing the bikinis on holiday which she will upload to social media🤔.

I would do the same but I dont want to put people off their food...

Well that's a few minutes of my life I won't get back. Couldn't watch right to the end, the excitement of watching Sally show us her new Tesco bikinis was too exciting and I had to have a lie down. She's very kind to invite us to view her wearing the bikinis on holiday which she will upload to social media🤔.

Does she not think the regular customers who maybe only ever bought from her deserve a bit more than "I am keeping on going"

The same but different :) Great spot

It was easy as I already knew of that building years ago, way before Duchamp even existed, big fan of Roamer (have the a green dial version of the watch that features in the video), the front of the building is shown at the start of this video from 9 years ago.

Will she be wearing her Bella Bodies? :unsure:

Okay got to be honest, although i'm posting on a shopping telly forum, i've stopped watching the shopping channels, don't buy from them so only watched for the entertainment value that the obnoxious idiots at IW provided, QVC while a lot more professional is just sooo boring, TJC is like an IW lite channel, full of irritating/annoying people spouting bullshit, but they are not as entertaining at it as IW were, although will be watching Bordell like a hawk :ROFLMAO:, Create & Craft well just ain't into crafts so dull as dish water, the rest are just so amateurish or informationals and again booooring. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back