Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It comes to something when you don't know your Vostok from your Mankey-Tosspot! You are just not paying attention, pp68, are you? :mysmilie_17:
OOppps I got vostok and Mankey-Tosspot mixed up in all the excitement of the Edmund watch.

I have a feeling that the 130 was only limited Ideal World customers.

Dennice is doing a Damart show at the moment, and she is calling every outfit, well every garment if I'm honest, a "story"..This is a phrase I've heard long ago when I used to buy fashion magazines in my teens and early twenties, eg, this summer the story is all about "wild west chic" and they'd have a few pages of bootiful modelles draped across bales of hay wearing a lot of denim, gingham and cowboy boots! Glen Campbell of QVC/This Morning fame uses the phrase a lot, and as annoying as he is with his little pumps, dress it up, dress it down, office to party cliches at least he seems to use the phrase in the right context. Dennice has just heard it bandied around in relation to clothes and just says it for everything...now here's a story for the winter = It's a zip up fleece fgs, not a story...well you couldn't even make it up lol!

Just switched on IW and Jacks is presenting the Teeter
Inversion Table,if only SJ would shut up talking such crap,saying she feels like a little bird,wish Jacks would shut her mouth for more than 5 seconds and stop screeching.wish Ideal world would come to their senses and sack Jacks,who is the worst presenter on any shopping channel I have ever seen in my Life.Jacks has just said she was a Ballerina,more rubbish and porkies coming out of her big mouth.

Unfortunately Sal pirouetted away as I turned over so I will have to wait for the Prima ballerina's next performance.However we now have Denkneees giving a wonderful performance flogging glasses.We can all afford to have a pair of specs in every room . What's the point in having specs in a room doing nothing?Two pairs maybe but no more.

This specs programme has been funny

The guest seems fine and then suddenly forgets his lines (understandable as probably nervous )

Rather than helping denise just sits there and we have 30 seconds silence.

Denise now saying she is annoyed she has overpaid over the years. Some regular ideal purchasers share the pain..

Good ole shaun has just opened with free view 22 but also said hello to the sky and free sat viewers

Not something that's been mentioned for a while so maybe that is an extension to being on the epg.

I do know being on the sky epg is very expensive to get onto and stay on. Only ideal will know if that represents value to them

Yes, Sal, and I'm Princess Anne. I've heard some carp coming from her mouth, but this is one of the funniest. She has the poise (not), she has the posture (not), she has the grace and dexterity (not).........she's a ballerina! (Not). :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: Newsflash, Sal: wishing doesn't make it happen.

Just switched on IW and Jacks is presenting the Teeter
Inversion Table,if only SJ would shut up talking such crap,saying she feels like a little bird,wish Jacks would shut her mouth for more than 5 seconds and stop screeching.wish Ideal world would come to their senses and sack Jacks,who is the worst presenter on any shopping channel I have ever seen in my Life.Jacks has just said she was a Ballerina,more rubbish and porkies coming out of her big mouth.

Last edited:
Oh great, just when we'd heard the last of "bang on trend", here comes yet another buzz phrase of meaningless carp.

Dennice is doing a Damart show at the moment, and she is calling every outfit, well every garment if I'm honest, a "story"..This is a phrase I've heard long ago when I used to buy fashion magazines in my teens and early twenties, eg, this summer the story is all about "wild west chic" and they'd have a few pages of bootiful modelles draped across bales of hay wearing a lot of denim, gingham and cowboy boots! Glen Campbell of QVC/This Morning fame uses the phrase a lot, and as annoying as he is with his little pumps, dress it up, dress it down, office to party cliches at least he seems to use the phrase in the right context. Dennice has just heard it bandied around in relation to clothes and just says it for everything...now here's a story for the winter = It's a zip up fleece fgs, not a story...well you couldn't even make it up lol!

Good guy Sean is now on with Rumbletum Remblance flogging that soup maker(.Boring)Brodel's Best Belly Busting Bites appears albeit as a quick mention and banner onscreen.I don't know if it's my imagination or if I need some of those glasses but Mr . Remblance looks to have lost weight . Wouldn't be surprised if they bring out Joe Plan or Resemble Remblance soup and cake plan.

P.S can't you see I love alliteration.

Last edited:
:mysmilie_61: You must admit it's got a certain "ring" to it (the ring of porky pies, maybe?).

Good guy Sean is now on with Rumbletum Remblance flogging that soup maker(.Boring)Brodel's Best Belly Busting Bites appears albeit as a quick mention and banner onscreen.I don't know if it's my imagination or if I need some of those glasses but Mr . Remblance looks to have lost weight . Wouldn't be surprised if they bring out Joe Plan or Resemble Remblance soup and cake plan.

P.S can't you see I love alliteration.

It makes me laugh that on all the channels ,on every food show every presenter likes everything. Now that can't possibly be true and makes it obvious how they are acting and insincere.If someone was to say for example,"Well.I won't try this because I don't like x but it looks very well cooked/textured/has a nice smell/ample portion size."etc it would be more credible than the umming and ahhing over everything. They could also say when things have tastes which appeal to certain people i:e spicy,salty,very sweet.What's the point in always inanely agreeing everything is wonderful?Customers send the things back anyway if they dislike them but then that is being honest at the start.If they do that they (channels)may miss out on a sale.God forbid that happens.

Last edited:
Wirral I was having a go at the presenters, as they keep mentioning interest free credit flexi as if you use your own credit card surely you will incur interest unless you have a 0% purchase rate.

It makes my blood boil when there are so many lies and bullshyte told by these lowlife shysters just to make a sale (not from me though)!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I know PMP that you were talking about these schlimy schlocky shysters :mysmilie_59: Zelda De Knees is endlessly calling it 'interest free credit', it's been posted about on here before.

I'd like to think it's mostly said in error :mysmilie_19:as the presenters are hardly top drawer talent. I suppose it doesn't register with too many people when you consider just how much other bull these gorging, greedy goons spew.

Flexipay/EasyBuy is arguably the very lowest form of offering 'terms' around and almost exclusively the domain of todays very low rent World of Selly Telly.

The only other places that seem to do it are Vax (occasionally) and Bose which are both overpriced Selly Telly fodder suppliers anyway :mysmilie_59:

Did anyone see what happened not long after 7pm with De Knees, Joe Pieman Remblance and a soup maker? Joe was wiping De Knees's sleeve with a damp cloth after what I presume something had been spilt onto it. At least whatever it was it can't have been too hot :mysmilie_59:

Yes she spilt some soup

She looks and sounds knackered tbh.

On the subject of presenters liking everything agreed however forum favourite sally stated she hated tomato soup earlier and tried joes version and still said she didn't like it

Another overpriced, oversized and overstocked exciting watch hour this evening with (look iv'e got a cheap online diploma) Tom Frake GIA AJP.
I best get in there before all the serious collectors snap them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I totally agree,Jacks is no more a ballerina or ever has been than I am.i cannot believe ideal world gets away with Jacks talking such carp and telling porkies.Whatters would turn in his grave knowing that IW is employing such a terrible presenter as Jacks,when the channel first started it was a good channel,since employing Sally Jacks it has deteriorated so much,why is Sally Jacks on so much,no presenters seem to be on Air as much as big mouth Jacks.

Did anyone see what happened not long after 7pm with De Knees, Joe Pieman Remblance and a soup maker? Joe was wiping De Knees's sleeve with a damp cloth after what I presume something had been spilt onto it. At least whatever it was it can't have been too hot :mysmilie_59:

When they were sampling it, I couldn't see any steam coming off it

Another overpriced, oversized and overstocked exciting watch hour this evening with (look iv'e got a cheap online diploma) Tom Frake GIA AJP.
I best get in there before all the serious collectors snap them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

That Frakes Guy is as bad as that Caroline Woman and Kevinski.

The last time I saw him selling those DeLorean Watches, he was talking about the German engineering and the German movements. Having the words "German Design" on some of them doesn't make them German! In fact, those things are about as German as Chicken Chow Mein. The design on most of them is hideous anyway, the kind of Watch that only Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles would ever want to wear.

When the other two so called experts come out with the "Swiss Watches have to be 100% Swiss made" they should read the following.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/swiss-made-mean-whole-lot-more-watches-2017/

Amy could you clarify your position on Sally please?

Another ceramic heating show with shitelock Simon

Of course he had the heating on last night of course he couldn't sleep of course he had to many quilts on

His radiator system doesn't work he assures us he is going to buy one today

Amazing he hasn't bought one yet considering how many times its been on.

Peter von look bright getting paid for zilch here just letting pete ramble on

Our pete has just changed his story from the top of the hour

Earlier his heating went off at 9 and he couldn't sleep by midnight

Just now his heating went off at 830 and he had an early night and was cold but asleep by 10

Says a lot he can't even be bothered to get the bullshit right now

Latest posts

Back