Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Igor exists!

On a different note Steve Mcdonald appears to be the Dyson rep for qvc (the way they were talking he has been for a while)

Anyway he is calm informative and well researched.

How many of these people are just actors ? you could not get a more different performance than what he used to deliver on bid ( I didn't like him there and he was very spare with the truth )

It is a different gig being an expert to a presenter of course just made me think.

Greg I agree I would not call qvc a premium high end brand but they sell 150 quid bedding sets and 100 quid pieces of fashion if that doesn't make them high end in shopping tv terms im not sure what does.

Janice is on the ceramic heating show as the expert

Did Peter von bright get so bored he couldnt be arsed?

Anyway five minutes in its gone wrong already as Janice plugged in the radiator to early for the timed shots....

Maybe Peter von bright is brighter than I think and is a vital cog in the success of these radiators (sic)

This is the dullest show in the history of shopping tv. Even Howard is subdued and bored

Now that Janice is extolling the alleged virtues of ceramic heaters who will be next one of the fashion models perhaps?

They are at it again with wind chill factors we are not out in the wind for fecks sake all they have to say is its winter time and we have to keep warmer.

Oh no. Not all this **** again. It'll be the gemstone globes and London Treasure bangles next.

Anyone who buys these crappy unknown branded watches have to be a bit simple and easily influenced.

Couldn't agree more Greg! If you've got silly money to spend on a watch for a loved one (I don't mean Rolex silly, as we're talking mortgage deposit) I'm sure that he would be proud to wear and show off a Tag heuer, Longines, Tissot (Proper Tissot that is!), and similarly she might like something by Pandora or Michael Kors. What sort of message does a hideous hunk of base metal and plastic which is the size of a small kitchen clock emblazoned with a sports car logo, or a shonky sounding name? Class? Money? Good taste? Of course not - It will scream bad taste/market stall/low end shopping channel - end of! And yes, you probably will get quite a few comments, think about when someone comes into the office with a really dodgy haircut....do I say something, do I just keep quiet, eek I better say something, as yesterday she had flowing locks down to her waist, today she looks like a playmobil toy...Ooh, that's an interesting/brave/radical haircut, that looks different, and if you're a really good liar, that looks great!
= Ooh that's a big watch, wow, that's a stonker, that's got lots of features, but what you won't hear is ooh someone's got good taste, where did you get it, I want one!
People who buy into this sh*t - gullible!
Don't talk to me about London Treasures, I bought a couple for relatives some years back thinking they looked good, they were fairly crappy, but presentable for the price, until I discovered the entire range in argos for a fiver a piece. lesson learned!

Howard just said you only pay for the electricity when these heaters are switched on WOW i would never have known that thanks Howard

Oh no. Not all this **** again. It'll be the gemstone globes and London Treasure bangles next.

They're already selling "stone effect" gold tone pendants for £3.99 + £1 P&P so the infamous globes and the rest of the tat can't be far off.

Howard just said you only pay for the electricity when these heaters are switched on WOW i would never have known that thanks Howard

You learn something new every day!

They really must think that every viewer is a complete idiot, and really expect them to believe that you get free heat out of those grossly overpriced radiators!

Couldn't agree more Greg! If you've got silly money to spend on a watch for a loved one (I don't mean Rolex silly, as we're talking mortgage deposit) I'm sure that he would be proud to wear and show off a Tag heuer, Longines, Tissot (Proper Tissot that is!), and similarly she might like something by Pandora or Michael Kors. What sort of message does a hideous hunk of base metal and plastic which is the size of a small kitchen clock emblazoned with a sports car logo, or a shonky sounding name? Class? Money? Good taste? Of course not - It will scream bad taste/market stall/low end shopping channel - end of! And yes, you probably will get quite a few comments, think about when someone comes into the office with a really dodgy haircut....do I say something, do I just keep quiet, eek I better say something, as yesterday she had flowing locks down to her waist, today she looks like a playmobil toy...Ooh, that's an interesting/brave/radical haircut, that looks different, and if you're a really good liar, that looks great!
= Ooh that's a big watch, wow, that's a stonker, that's got lots of features, but what you won't hear is ooh someone's got good taste, where did you get it, I want one!
People who buy into this sh*t - gullible!
Don't talk to me about London Treasures, I bought a couple for relatives some years back thinking they looked good, they were fairly crappy, but presentable for the price, until I discovered the entire range in argos for a fiver a piece. lesson learned!

Totally agree with you, merryone.

Ideal World watches = Kinkade 'art' i.e. cheap commercial crap for the masses worth next to nothing. It's the rubbish that ends up in Oxfam or Age Concern shops or end up in skips.

Back in the eighties, I used to think Rosina Wachtmeister was good art (we used to have a print in our dining room) until I saw a whole load of them hanging up in McDonalds...

I really don't know how Ideal World presenters sleep at night. Peter Simon must sleep upside down in his wardrobe and Poo Poo is on an ammonia drip. As for Janice, she must be permanently skyping to herself 24/7 in between having coversations with 'Talking Ginger' on her iPad mini.

You learn something new every day!

They really must think that every viewer is a complete idiot, and really expect them to believe that you get free heat out of those grossly overpriced radiators!

Given certain recent social media comments re. current political issues, I'm surprised that some people have enough braincells to breathe let alone make logical purchasing decisions. These people are Ideal World's target market for their ripoff radiators and other products.

I know which one my husband would rather wear, and it's cheaper! If I were a man I'd be embarrassed to wear that red monstrosity! Oh and the third watch is one I saw in whilst waiting in Argos a couple of weeks ago, and actually the picture doesn't do it justice....it's £81!

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 97
  • longines.jpg
    longines.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 99
  • bulova.jpg
    bulova.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 108
I know which one my husband would rather wear, and it's cheaper! If I were a man I'd be embarrassed to wear that red monstrosity! Oh and the third watch is one I saw in whilst waiting in Argos a couple of weeks ago, and actually the picture doesn't do it justice....it's £81!

That Lambourgini thing is something else, and those heart shaped ones even worse. And they have the nerve to talk about Italian design!

Kevski keeps saying hi to igor

Hayley tells us kev has had lots of emails asking him whether or not to buy the vostok

Hayley says kev is the UK expert on timepieces

Hayley has bought this as a gift the last time

Hooray kev has made a mistake

The ladies watch should have been 399 kevski has just let slip it will have to stay at 199

What a man

Latest posts

Back