Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh man, I love it when you channel surf and tune in at just the right moment. Some cockney geezer "wiv" his cordless multitool is just about to show how it makes short work of cutting through copper pipes. Cue the blade barely making a mark, so quick....cut to a promo video that they had to play through twice while Jimmy Saville lookalike woman screeches over the noise....he finally cuts through it. No idea if he used the tool as they didn't show us. He probably grabbed a hacksaw :) haha.

lol at jimmy Saville lookalike woman

Jacks Jaxx Jac Jaq Jack is selling a Leg Master Elite workout thingy! Screamer is preaching to one and all why we should all get healthy blah blah blah plus the added scare stories of how the NHS cant cope if we are obese etc etc.

How low can this lot go to get a sale? Screaching down the camera at us jumping up and down like Peter Simon on a bad day, nothing could embarass this lot, do as I shout in an angry manner at you but not as I do is defo the story of this "sales pitch".

PS: if its in the baskets you NEED to check it out and these will NOT last the 48 hours, and of course Hayley who is on in the next hour loves this piece of amazing equipment! and of course even if you cant afford this we have flexi pay............thats great thanks for encouriging folk to struggle with finances even more as long as the sale goes through! Again check out those baskets!!!!!!

I think we've entered a new phase now, and I'm sensing we're getting ever closer to the end.

They've surely now passed 'palpable desperation', now it's 'just say whatever it takes to get a sale' territory, like the last few months of Bid.

I reckon they'll get away with it until they go bust, nobody cares what they do.

There's only 'PLEASE!, I'm begging you to buy this' left before the fat lady sings :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0296.jpg

I think we've entered a new phase now, and I'm sensing we're getting ever closer to the end.

They've surely now passed 'palpable desperation', now it's 'just say whatever it takes to get a sale' territory, like the last few months of Bid.

I reckon they'll get away with it until they go bust, nobody cares what they do.

There's only 'PLEASE!, I'm begging you to buy this' left before the fat lady sings :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13516

It certainly feels as if there has been a step change in recent weeks, perhaps since the start of this month, and as you said it will now be a race to the bottom in order to squeeze revenue out of the dwindling number of viewers ignorant enough to still believe in their dodgy sales pitches just like Bid did. Real bargains will become rare to nonexistent unless they're genuinely desperate to clear stock of something for whatever reason (perhaps to impress suppliers).

Certainly there has been a shift towards parroting a set number of statements (Flexi-pay, baskets, collectors going after watches etc.) with greater repetition than before and greater use of timers plus the occasional klaxon as well.

Plus I can't help but think that QVC is closer to its demise than a lot of its fans may think; it's now selling a lot of products that Bid used to sell (tanzanite, heated clothes airers, six pack of stick-on LED lights, etc.) though it may instead attempt to close its TV channels and trade online only using what's left of its fanbase if it can.

View attachment 13516

I don't reckon the fat lady will get away with it so easily. Knowing IW she'll be shoved on a Vibrapower ,and have a consultation about Jane Plan.If she's not fat she won't be singing.(Yet)

Last edited:
It certainly feels as if there has been a step change in recent weeks, perhaps since the start of this month, and as you said it will now be a race to the bottom in order to squeeze revenue out of the dwindling number of viewers ignorant enough to still believe in their dodgy sales pitches just like Bid did. Real bargains will become rare to nonexistent unless they're genuinely desperate to clear stock of something for whatever reason (perhaps to impress suppliers).

Certainly there has been a shift towards parroting a set number of statements (Flexi-pay, baskets, collectors going after watches etc.) with greater repetition than before and greater use of timers plus the occasional klaxon as well.

Plus I can't help but think that QVC is closer to its demise than a lot of its fans may think; it's now selling a lot of products that Bid used to sell (tanzanite, heated clothes airers, six pack of stick-on LED lights, etc.) though it may instead attempt to close its TV channels and trade online only using what's left of its fanbase if it can.

Both Ideal World and QVC are surely heading to the knackers yard, and perhaps they belong there too.

These two relics of retail still act like it's 2001, they seem out of kilter with the shopper of 2017 who looks for value and service.

I suspect Ideal World is in trouble, they're archaic aren't they?

It's abysmal really :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0299.jpg

Comrade Kevinski punting his excess stock of Taiwanese watches (that looks like he took from Del & Rodders) says this watch is £100, "But I know a fella that bought two of these as he thought it would only be £400 for one of them" :mysmilie_59:

His "free" give away penny watches dont seem to do the trick so now he is giving away a "free" tool box with his watches, cheers Kev, pffft!!!! Wish he would take his bunch of Bermuda bullcrap and get lost in the Bermuda triangle with it all.

Haven't watched (pardon the pun) for a while so was wondering who the stylish bearded presenter was with Krafty Kev on theTimepiece of Distinction show.I heard that familiar Yorkshire accent then realised it was the mums'favourite Shaun. I laughed a lot and looked at the c***** watches then turned over.

Haven't watched (pardon the pun) for a while so was wondering who the stylish bearded presenter was with Krafty Kev on theTimepiece of Distinction show.I heard that familiar Yorkshire accent then realised it was the mums'favourite Shaun. I laughed a lot and looked at the c***** watches then turned over.

I wonder if Nanty is attempting a new look in anticipation of Ideal World going bust? They say a change is as good as a rest.

I'd settle for him just having a rest, a long rest.

And it'll take more than a tangotint and a beard for people not to recognise that rat face :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0277.JPGIMG_0300.JPG

Would this do the trick?Wouldn't improve his presenting skills and I reckon his mam wouldn't be too pleased. Could be her gardening multi tool Christmas/birthday/Mothers'Day gift would find a whole new use.
(Not for cutting the hedge)

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Would this do the trick?Wouldn't improve his presenting skills and I reckon his mam wouldn't be too pleased. Could be her gardening multi tool Christmas/birthday/Mothers'Day gift would find a whole new use.
(Not for cutting the hedge)

View attachment 13537

Ha Ha :mysmilie_15:

I'm bored of hearing about 'Me Mam'.

He's a bit ........ isn't he? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0301.JPGIMG_0277.JPG

I was just having a look at Review Centre to get some background on a shoe retailer before I place an order but thought I'd have a quick look at the latest Ideal World reviews and came across this gem. Please note that I had no involvement in this review, you have my word on it, although I couldn't agree more with every single word! : -

'Ideal World has never set the TV shopping channel world alight. It was always in second place to QVC UK, and more staid compared to more outrageous channels like Bid.tv. Presenters weren't exactly edgy, but it's very difficult to appear exciting when you have to talk about a single vacuum cleaner, piece of kitchen or exercise equipment, or a garden hose for an hour.

But that's all changed now. Some decent presenters have shifted to IW's sister channel, and a number of ex-Bid.tv presenters have been employed to take up the slack. Previous ranges that were aggressively sold as "the best things EVER", but looked like they'd be at home in the much-missed Innovations catalogue have disappeared, only to be replaced by clones that look cheaper but either cost the same or are pricier.

Ladies' fashion must be a big seller for IW, because it has progressed from just having its two-hour flagship Friday show plus one or two hourly shows throughout the week to being on practically every day. And despite being for apparently different ranges, the clothes all look the same: saggy and baggy tops and dresses, and trousers that would put MC Hammer to shame. Mostly made of polyester, though the presenters hardly ever tell the viewers that.

Cheap smartphones are pushed as the "new, must-have technology", even when it is abundantly clear from demonstrations that a) these phones would have issues doing more than a simply Google search and taking calls, and b) IW's "technology expert" is either being very generous with her descriptions, or she knows as much about smartphones as I do about brain surgery.

IW sells jewellery made using a man-made gem that was fashioned after a crystal found in a meteorite. Despite their gems being man-made terrestrial copies, IW presenters still call them "space diamonds" often while downplaying the man-made bit, designed to confuse viewers. These items are sold at prices at which viewers could buy actual diamond jewellery, and although they are described by IW as being set in yellow or white gold, there is never any mention of the gold gram weight of the pieces; just the equivalent diamond carat weight.

The channel employs 4 people to demonstrate cooking equipment, three men and a woman. the woman is very clear that she is an enthusiastic amateur, while the men are lauded as cordon bleu chefs. Only one has worked professionally as a cook, while another is (like IW's "technology expert) a low-rent actor/presenter wannabe who has a profile with a casting agency. This is not made clear to the viewers.

The channel has a weekly holiday cruise show, and often sells cruises to destinations in countries with terrible human rights records, and are famously misogynistic and homophobic. Also, no mention is made of cultural taboos (like the consumption of alcohol etc) in ports cruise ships may dock at. It is simply left up to the buyers to either think to research the destinations before travelling, or learn at their destinations.

I mentioned the ex-Bid.tv that IW has employed. These people screech at the screen, are either handsy with female models or make off-colour and inappropriate "jokes" and comments during shows at times when children are watching, or are very scathing to female guests they are working with. They are also rather careless with their statements, often referring to flexi-pay instalments as if they were the full price.

The more established presenters are following suit. One talks continuously about his bowel problems, one uses sob stories about aged and/or deceased relatives to help him sell goods to old and vulnerable viewers, and another refers to her ill daughter whenever she can. They also screech and hector the viewers to buy all the time.

There are other aspects of the channel that are underhand: the premium rate customer service centre (located in India, who are on record for stringing calls out to maximise call profits) who never resolve issues or are rude, or simply unintelligible. The continuous reduction of items in allegedly never-to-be-repeated sales, then a week later the item is reduced again. Declarations to viewers that certain products are on their last day of sale at IW, then they are on shows a week or so later. The old Bid.tv trick where the presenter suddenly declares that the price shown onscreen is wrong, so viewers should buy ASAP so they can benefit from the error. Customers leaving negative reviews on the IW website, and finding out later that they have been deleted while more positice reviews remain.

IW must be in deep financial trouble, but setting out to rip off viewers is not the way to fix things'

Rarely have I come across such an accurate critique :mysmilie_19:

Dont know if anyone is watching the garden show with Angela thingy and the bald one but he is talking complete and utter shoite and behaving like a clown just had to get that of my chest.:mysmilie_10:

Dont know if anyone is watching the garden show with Angela thingy and the bald one but he is talking complete and utter shoite and behaving like a clown just had to get that of my chest.:mysmilie_10:

Mossie269 how very dare you!!! Say something untoward about the chosen one!! The self named bald fella will not be happy at all with you, he is one of many who are blinded by his very own ego to see anything and hear anything past his own ego.

Posters please keep in mind us plebs are not allowed an opinion or state facts about presenters but said presenters can say anything may it be true of false to millions of people via TV and no on can challenge them! Well thats how they ego made folks want the game to go...............

Jane plan again!!!!! This morning I giggled as I watched smug and snooty looking Jane open the microwave door and pull out "dinner". It was the look on her face that got me, it was if to say I'm a chef and look what I've created, then proceeded to pour a small plastic bowl full of slop into another slightly larger bowl...Mmm the pieces of chicken are so big in this you almost can't cut them...yeah right, I couldn't see anything that resembled a piece of chicken - It looked like dog food!

I'd love to see a spoof of this - "Wayne plan" cans of beer and microwave slop, lots of burping and swearing and stained acrylic clothing!

Latest posts

Back