Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's horrendous, of course.

But she's surely no worse than the genuinely appalling Nanty. The ex Bid goons get much criticism on here (and they should) but the old school Ideal presenters are for me, worse.

Nanty revolts me :mysmilie_59:

Even more than Peter Simon....really?!!!

Oh he does Merry, hugely.

The thing with Dirty Peter, I think, is that he is what he is. He's an utterly ludicrous character.

But Nanty is a different beast altogether. He's just downright insidious with his stories, he genuinely makes me itch.

Honestly Merry, he makes me sick :mysmilie_59:

I think Shaun Ryan has cleverly positioned himself as the alternative to the bid lot

as has been said, we all know Peter Simon is a seedy man who is far more intelligent than he portrays himself, what with all of his deliberate pronunciation mistakes.... but Shaun Ryan goes well out of his way to be a ''nice guy'' he must be all too aware of the opinion and reputation of his fellow bid presenters, so I feel he really ramped up his persona since they joined.

Is IW changing its name to The Ideal Gardening Channel?

I ask this as all that seems to have been on today is garden this garden that blah blah, And as ALWAYS Den is buying 3 or 4 of each item, now we all know she has a warehouse to store all her buys of the past, but now she seemingly own at least a few thousand acres of land.

This channels selling tactics are so predictable and worn out, and of course all day long Nan Nanty Nan, to quote him "isnt being funny" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, also he has worked at Ideal Gardening for 17 years now! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, and he owns a pu.............okkkkkay we get it!

Just how many variations of the vibrapower do they have? That older blonde woman seems pleasant enough, but she keeps banging on about how often she uses it, yet has wobbly housewife legs?

The best bit is when aussie bloke says how it gets you fit, but then pretends he is out of breath after 2 minutes....it hasn't exactly got him very healthy then has it???

Say what you like about Rik’s physique, his fig powder and Vibrapower routine seems to have made him a big hit with certain ladies... Hay.jpg

Strangely enough, this unlikely Lothario (and 'nutritional physiologist') has actually been dishing out advice on how to improve your libido...lib.jpg (and yes, figs are part of his recommendation for some ding dong in the bedroom dept :muscle:)

Last edited:
Interesting fashion show on Ideal: Medusa Dennice is on doing Bella Bodies shapewear, plus also the "new season" drape dress.

You know, the dress they sell while trumpeting loudly that you don't need to wear shapewear with it.

Erm... :cheeky:

Urgh.

Nanty's lying legs akimbo on a bed topper while Creepy Crawley gurns at the camera.

And now we're treated to a close up of Nanty's bum.

I think my dinner's going to try and make a break for it now, though I can't tell in which direction

Interesting fashion show on Ideal: Medusa Dennice is on doing Bella Bodies shapewear, plus also the "new season" drape dress.

You know, the dress they sell while trumpeting loudly that you don't need to wear shapewear with it.

Erm... :cheeky:

Contradiction is not something that Ideal World seems to fear.

Take the keep fit garb. Exactly when are we going to see ANY results from the Goons and DODDY FLUMP?

And I'm not being funny but check out the 'Chefs', and their low fat gizmos. I mean, come on!

Plus The Vanessa Feltz Fan Club. If Torricelumn (TM) is so good why does she look, let's say, rather 'pulled'?

I do struggle to believe this lot, sometimes I think they tell fibs :mysmilie_59:

Contradiction is not something that Ideal World seems to fear.

Take the keep fit garb. Exactly when are we going to see ANY results from the Goons and DODDY FLUMP?

And I'm not being funny but check out the 'Chefs', and their low fat gizmos. I mean, come on!

Plus The Vanessa Feltz Fan Club. If Torricelumn (TM) is so good why does she look, let's say, rather 'pulled'?

I do struggle to believe this lot, sometimes I think they tell fibs :mysmilie_59:

NO!! I won't believe that!

I believe that 3,000 year old Lizzie G goes diving for the kelp to make her magic Torricelumnumnumnum herself every blue moon! :mysmilie_13:

Last edited:
NO!! I won't believe that!

I believe that 3,000 year old Lizzie G goes diving for the kelp to make her magic Torricelumnumnumnum herself every blue moon! :mysmilie_13:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_15:

You see, to my mind the trouble with this channel is that it's long gone past the point of ridiculous, it was kind of OK when it was ridiculous.

It's now just so utterly banal, repetitive, tedious, predictable, vapid, but perhaps worst of all it's just all so incredibly dull.

And they can overuse the word 'show' all they like but this show surely ended years ago. There's no entertainment, it's charmless, I can't imagine it can be any fun being part of it either. They all must know it's bombing.

It's had it's day :mysmilie_59:

It's definitely in its death throes.

But then I reckon that unless a new craze comes along to revitalise it (like crafting did), shopping telly as a whole is on the way out

It's definitely in its death throes.

But then I reckon that unless a new craze comes along to revitalise it (like crafting did), shopping telly as a whole is on the way out

I agree.

It's telling that Ideal World and QVC both really only have one thing that sets them apart from other retailers.

And that one thing isn't their quality, their value, their range of products and it certainly isn't the service offer.

Nope, it's that that they let absolutely anyone make purchases on instalments. And jeez do they make you pay for the privilege, interest free my eye :mysmilie_59:

They're all doing it: Hochanda, TJC and now Gemporia.

It's the 21st century equivalent of buying from the catalogue and paying your order off a bit per week

Yep, it's just so boring! QVC is boring too, and for that reason I rarely watch it. Bid tv despite all its foibles was totally watchable, I could have it on in the background all day and when I did pay attention, I would be thoroughly entertained. An endless chain of random, often silly stuff, crazy sales pitches, funny banter, some real OMG moments that we'd come on here and talk about. Now whaddya get? Hour after hour watching some middle aged chump standing on a vibrating platform, or a hideous cow stood there telling us that we need to spend £600 on a portable radiator, or a couple of young ladies twirling round in swathes of acrylic in various shades of puce and "colebolt" telling us that it'll take us from the office to the dancefloor, and screeching into the camera how if you want to get your hands on the "dog **** brown" you'd better pull your finger out! It's dire, and yes, just before the flush was finally pulled on bid, there was an awful lot of airtime dedicated to gardening stuff.....Yep, they're well on their way!

They're all doing it: Hochanda, TJC and now Gemporia.

It's the 21st century equivalent of buying from the catalogue and paying your order off a bit per week

Yip, that's what I really meant.

The only way Selly Telly is probably still here is because they'll let absolutely anybody buy the (mostly) carp they shill in installments.

But it's surely not sustainable. Even ripoff sub prime merchants like JD Williams and Bright House are far more selective in who they offer terms to.

There's sub prime and then there's Selly Telly, and it's a giveaway that what they're shilling is eyewateringly overpriced, and scandalously so :mysmilie_59:

Yip, that's what I really meant.

The only way Selly Telly is probably still here is because they'll let absolutely anybody buy the (mostly) carp they shill in installments.

But it's surely not sustainable. Even ripoff sub prime merchants like JD Williams and Bright House are far more selective in who they offer terms to.

There's sub prime and then there's Selly Telly, and it's a giveaway that what they're shilling is eyewateringly overpriced, and scandalously so :mysmilie_59:

Bright House have been forced to tighten their lending criteria recently, and Perfect Home (Bright House clone with stores mainly in northern England) has been in financial trouble as well.

Indeed I've said before that Ideal World's Flexipay may not be legally enforceable and could actually be illegal since anything resembling credit has to be regulated unless they've found a legal loophole for this, so in theory you could get away with paying just the initial instalment (trying this however is not recommended especially given the tat they sell) because they can't legally take you to court or use a debt collector? De Knees calling it "interest free credit" does not make it interest free credit!

I give idealworld 1 year to until complete closure. Create and Craft will probably still around though.

I give idealworld 1 year to until complete closure. Create and Craft will probably still around though.

Create and Craft will possibly be still around BUT given that another craft channel went bust recently and there's now only one Create and Craft channel worldwide its long term future isn't guaranteed either. Whether Ideal World's problems will also take down Create and Craft remains to be seen, but I can't envisage Create and Craft subsidising the Ideal World channel for that long if at all.

Let's face it, unless Ideal World can find an exclusive money-making product that sells well it's basically doomed along with all the other high profile TV shopping channels including QVC.

Latest posts

Back