Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hang on...they're selling Shadazzle today?!?!?

But...but...only yesterday evening during their so-called 'blockbuster event' they displayed a caption saying that they had sold out of Shadazzle as well as Spray and Leave.

I mean they wouldn't lie would they :mysmilie_59:

Also can't wait to see Peter Simon selling the hot tubs Ideal World are going to introduce :mysmilie_59:

oh they would never lie, but I am sure they would simply go out of their way to not tell the truth.... or tell the truth (but only from a certain point of view)

those tubs have the potential to get IW thrown off tv if dirty Peter is presenting.

I believe on Monday the potd was clothes.... so what a shock to find the potd is clothes again.

something tells me it's the only thing they can make any money on.

I noticed Dennice was slagging off the quality of other clothing. An IW presenter slagging off the quality of anything is laughable.

I believe on Monday the potd was clothes.... so what a shock to find the potd is clothes again.

something tells me it's the only thing they can make any money on.

I noticed Dennice was slagging off the quality of other clothing. An IW presenter slagging off the quality of anything is laughable.

When they start criticising the quality of fellow retailers merchandise does it suggest that things may be reaching crisis point?

I really hoped we might see an improvement, sadly not. It doesn't seem to be forthcoming, not to my eye anyway.

How long have they got left? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0312.JPG

Tomorrow it's gonna be LITTLE GOLLUM shilling the Hot Tub.

I do hope he remains fully clothed :puke:

IMG_0313.JPG

Must have thankfully had a change of heart since tonight's hot tub show is being presented by a fully-clothed Nanty (albeit with his shirt sleeves rolled up) plus sales rep, though Nanty was allegedly tempted to take his clothes off :mysmilie_59:

IMG_20170303_183106-01.jpg

Last edited:
Must have thankfully had a change of heart since tonight's hot tub show is being presented by a fully-clothed Nanty (albeit with his shirt sleeves rolled up) plus sales rep, though Nanty was allegedly tempted to take his clothes off :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13588

I wonder how many they shilled, 4?

Maybe 5?

Something tells me that £4,495 Hot Tubs aren't exactly gonna appeal to people who need to buy £20 Polyester Strides in instalments :mysmilie_59:

Maybe 5?

Something tells me that £4,495 Hot Tubs aren't exactly gonna appeal to people who need to buy £20 Polyester Strides in instalments :mysmilie_59:

It's definitely the "more money than sense" crowd they're after :mysmilie_59:

The profit margin must be huge for them; basically they're just big heated jacuzzis and must cost something like £500 to manufacture but of course they're imported from the US and the UK distributor makes a healthy profit from selling each one as well.

Maybe 5?

Bliddy hell! Seriously you've got a point there...but yep, picture the scenario, you've got a nice big garden, and a bit of money to spend . You are seriously considering getting yourself a hot tub...Ooh lets have a look at the shopping channels shall we? Er no, I don't think so - You'd make some serious enquiries. I could be wrong here, but I'd imagine if you've got £100 to spare every month for the next 4 years then you could probably buy the thing outright!

Pick of the day day today, hmmmmm how inventive.
Lets try and sell a load of shite that never sold on the previous pick of the day price for the same price shall we!!!!!

Why would you pay that much money, and that's the pick of the day price for a watch with unheard of branding, and a rubber strap, when you can buy the same thing with a recognisable name from Argos for about half the price....just rubbish!

Just how many variations of the vibrapower do they have? That older blonde woman seems pleasant enough, but she keeps banging on about how often she uses it, yet has wobbly housewife legs?

The best bit is when aussie bloke says how it gets you fit, but then pretends he is out of breath after 2 minutes....it hasn't exactly got him very healthy then has it???

When they start criticising the quality of fellow retailers merchandise does it suggest that things may be reaching crisis point?

I really hoped we might see an improvement, sadly not. It doesn't seem to be forthcoming, not to my eye anyway.

How long have they got left? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13579

I don't know how Denice kept a straight face when talking down other clothing brands, knowing full well that she sells absolute rubbish.

Watching Simon and Kevinski last night on the watch show, Kev was talking about the Elliott Brown Canford watch. He said, "it's British through and through, it's not made in Britain". Eh! what? No Kev, it has a Swiss movement and made in the far east. You can't help but laugh at the tripe these pair spout every time they're on.

Quote Retrovertigo " best bit is when aussie bloke says how it gets you fit, but then pretends he is out of breath after 2 minutes....it hasn't exactly got him very healthy then has it???"

Maybe he actually isn't all that healthy despite his alleged fitness regime and Fig powder.He looks a bit wobbly to me.

Quote Mr.Tom "I don't know how Denice kept a straight face when talking down other clothing brands, knowing full well that she sells absolute rubbish."

She has had so much practise doing this form of selling it is now probably second nature.She no longer needs to act -a true 24ct shyster.

Last edited:
Quote Retrovertigo " best bit is when aussie bloke says how it gets you fit, but then pretends he is out of breath after 2 minutes....it hasn't exactly got him very healthy then has it???"

Maybe he actually isn't all that healthy despite his alleged fitness regime and Fig powder.He looks a bit wobbly to me.

Quote Mr.Tom "I don't know how Denice kept a straight face when talking down other clothing brands, knowing full well that she sells absolute rubbish."

She has had so much practise doing this form of selling it is now probably second nature.She no longer needs to act -a true 24ct shyster.

Dennice reminds me of a character from the 1970s movie ''deathrace 2000'' this character talks in the exact same disingenuous cadence... where you know she is the worst kind of shill.

Dennice reminds me of a character from the 1970s movie ''deathrace 2000'' this character talks in the exact same disingenuous cadence... where you know she is the worst kind of shill.

She's horrendous, of course.

But she's surely no worse than the genuinely appalling Nanty. The ex Bid goons get much criticism on here (and they should) but the old school Ideal presenters are for me, worse.

Nanty revolts me :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back