Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Zelda and ‘Chef’ Joe were shilling a Halogen Oven with a Berndes Serving Tray. It wasn’t a bad deal, Berndes do make very good cookware. It’s a less expensive alternative to Le Creuset.

But Zelda literally let him present the whole ‘Show’, she was too busy filling her face with his apparently delicious food. I got the impression he wasn’t impressed.

I’m sensing tension amongst The Goons. No doubt the Aurelius lot have now started performing their ‘Magic’, just like they did at Bid :mysmilie_59:

D5665917-8CAF-4BFA-B4B7-AEF88B573786.jpg

Joe's still there? I thought he was taking up his new position on C&C this month?

It seems so Momma but maybe he leaves shortly?

They are blessed with ‘Chefs’ though. Of course there’s BIG BRODEL and the versatile ‘Chef’ William, who also moonlights as a Barista.

I’ll miss Roly, he made lovely Chicken Nuggets :mysmilie_59:

C943F04A-7AB4-4233-8B07-101C19C945A0.jpgCCA93785-9F7D-4C99-8A0A-8248E22D45E7.jpg

Why does the woman on the will writing show look like she's smeared her eyebrows on with poo?

Sorry for the image, but it looks exactly like that's what she's done

There's something rather distasteful about a will writing sales pitch being directed straight into the homes of vulnerable people, despite the fact they're probably doing a decent job (apart from value for money concerns); perhaps it's the pushing of lasting attorney packages which are only required in extremely unusual circumstances. Also worth remembering that some charities may offer will writing services for free, though of course there's an implied moral obligation (namely, leave us some of your money in the will) even if unstated.

There's something rather distasteful about a will writing sales pitch being directed straight into the homes of vulnerable people, despite the fact they're probably doing a decent job (apart from value for money concerns); perhaps it's the pushing of lasting attorney packages which are only required in extremely unusual circumstances. Also worth remembering that some charities may offer will writing services for free, though of course there's an implied moral obligation (namely, leave us some of your money in the will) even if unstated.

£59.99 wasn't it when i was flicking around and that includes a home visit , how can they make money on that ? Must be selling something else when in the home ?

£59.99 wasn't it when i was flicking around and that includes a home visit , how can they make money on that ? Must be selling something else when in the home ?

Didn't know about the home visit but in which case there's very likely to be an almighty catch such as an automatic ongoing charge for "will maintenance services" (I'm not saying there definitely is a catch).

It seems so Momma but maybe he leaves shortly?

They are blessed with ‘Chefs’ though. Of course there’s BIG BRODEL and the versatile ‘Chef’ William, who also moonlights as a Barista.

I’ll miss Roly, he made lovely Chicken Nuggets :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16152View attachment 16153

I think Joe’s biggest mistake was trying to be a little too professional, and not fully realising that he was a mere bit part player in a goon show. Big Brodders has the right idea: eat as much food as possible, make a few whooping sounds, pocket the cash, and head back to a real job. Being an Ideal World ‘chef’ (resident or otherwise) could never really be seen as a proper role.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19: He really is an Expert in the true Ideal World tradition.

Speaking of Experts, Zelda has just introduced Peter Vacuum Vol au Vent as a ‘Home and Tech Expert’.

Peterborough is like Silicon Valley :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16147View attachment 16148

Is he still doing his ludicrous 'suitcase routine' to show all the stuff you now don't need to take with you thanks to having a smart phone? Yeah, cause pre-smart phone we were all in the habit of packing things like a full sized dictionary and full sized clock when we went on our hols ...

No disrespect to the guy but you can just tell when he's demo'ing stuff like phones he knows as much as I do about quantum physics. I'll leave you to decide how much that actually is ;)

Many years ago there was an evil puppet called Zelda on a Kids TV show :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16160View attachment 16161

At least the puppet didn't talk in semi-permanent state of 'I'm about to have a lady moment' as if inferring everything shown to the viewer is of such good value and quality that it could, at any moment, instigate an unplanned and uncontrolled 'reaction within the body' if I can put it that way.

And no, I don't mean a fart :)

View attachment 16147View attachment 16148

Is he still doing his ludicrous 'suitcase routine' to show all the stuff you now don't need to take with you thanks to having a smart phone? Yeah, cause pre-smart phone we were all in the habit of packing things like a full sized dictionary and full sized clock when we went on our hols ...

No disrespect to the guy but you can just tell when he's demo'ing stuff like phones he knows as much as I do about quantum physics. I'll leave you to decide how much that actually is ;)

Indeed he is still doing this ridiculous skit. I think I preferred Janice and her routines of: 'I'm in the kitchen', 'I'm in the garden now', 'I'm in bed now (but not with my girlfriend, because that would scare the cul-de-sac, Daily Express reading Brexiteers who IW targets)'. And I never thought I'd actively miss Janice...

Indeed he is still doing this ridiculous skit. I think I preferred Janice and her routines of: 'I'm in the kitchen', 'I'm in the garden now', 'I'm in bed now (but not with my girlfriend, because that would scare the cul-de-sac, Daily Express reading Brexiteers who IW targets)'. And I never thought I'd actively miss Janice...

I think he didn't do the suitcase routine when selling one of the higher specification NUU phones but admittedly I wasn't paying full attention at the time. There are other ways of clearly explaining what a smartphone can do without resorting to such stupidity; indeed I'm rather surprised they haven't made videos showing how a smartphone can be used in real life situations like they did with in-car satellite navigation (the only scenario they've done this for I think). Practical real world examples are much more informative than messing around with a suitcase and a 'slideshow'.

This is just nostalgia talking, we disliked Janice and Janice disliked us haha

Dirty Peter and Peter Vacuum Vol au Vent are back at 9:00pm for a STK Pick of The Day.

Much like the Goons the Phone is low rent (854 x 480 Screen) but they’re shilling it with a £10 O2 Sim.

But even with a £10 Sim Card it seems rather steep :mysmilie_59:

Creepy Crawley is a rather odd sight isn’t he?

I’m not buying his ‘Luxury’ spiel thought. Every other word is Luxurious or Luxury or Deluxe.

I wish he wouldn’t sprawl on the beds. It isn’t a nice sight :mysmilie_59:

971170F4-36A4-4252-8F24-A2BF750269D0.jpgEE78F78D-5A9C-4A67-80CF-12FE3B34D48B.jpg32DBE1E4-191D-41C0-BAAA-17E09A273BE7.jpg

Let's be honest. There really isn't any need to go into details of what a smartphone can actually do, as they have been around for years now.

There "expert" when it comes to fitness and ebikes is getting worse as well. "top of the range this bike" when talking about a £600 quid ebike. Now, to be fair, for the money they don't seem like bad bikes at all really. But how he can call it top of the range when you can spend upwards of £3000 on an ebike is mind boggling.

As for Janice...well I have my own reasons for disliking her, and I'm really annoyed that she joined Hochanda as I liked sticking that channel on when I couldn't sleep. But now her fizzog appears all the ruddy time on it and really winds me up no end.

Latest posts

Back