Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been watching Pete and Kevinski on the watch show. When showing a bronze divers watch at £1400, Pete said if our Bet's watching get me this. Then Kev comes out with, this isn't like a Vostok bronze watch that will patina very quickly, this one will take 5 or 600 years!!! :mysmilie_17:

This show is becoming the funniest show on TV.

In a previous watch show when talking about one of the watches he was selling, Pete had referred to a (Lamborghini) Espada as an 'Espace' at least twice which made me laugh out loud :mysmilie_19:

Also noticed tonight that the 8pm show was being promoted as the last live hour, which is either costcutting and/or an attempt to cut back on those embarrassing mistakes which seem to happen after 10pm :mysmilie_59:

In a previous watch show when talking about one of the watches he was selling, Pete had referred to a (Lamborghini) Espada as an 'Espace' at least twice which made me laugh out loud :mysmilie_19:

Also noticed tonight that the 8pm show was being promoted as the last live hour, which is either costcutting and/or an attempt to cut back on those embarrassing mistakes which seem to happen after 10pm :mysmilie_59:

You know Pete can't get anything right. At one point he said a watch was tested to the eighth degree, then it was the tenth degree. The watch brand Patek Phillipe, he always calls Philp Patank!! Complete wally!!!!!

The old duffer is still quoting the price of some watches at being one quarter of the price, but forgetting to mention it is the first of 4 payments. He seems to spout guff without anyone upstairs correcting him. Perhaps they are happy to be mis-selling.

Yes he's very very reluctant to say the 'first of x flexi payments' bit and, to me, it's a blatant attempt to mislead. Yes the full price is on screen but he really needs to stop saying things like 'it's yours for £25!!!' and then either not saying that's the the first of x flexi payments or he mutters it under his breath.

I keep on saying it, his shows obviously do well and that's why he keeps getting away with the way he presents.

The old duffer is still quoting the price of some watches at being one quarter of the price, but forgetting to mention it is the first of 4 payments. He seems to spout guff without anyone upstairs correcting him. Perhaps they are happy to be mis-selling.

He also says things like, "it's £50 on four flexi's", instead of saying it's £50 of four flexi's. Indicating that it's four payments of £12.50.

Jimmy Savile is on at 12:00pm with BIG BRODEL, I haven’t seen him for a while.

He’s shilling a Halogen, but you knew that already :mysmilie_59:

5D4F5862-62C0-4A6A-AB99-F5C6A4456FF0.jpegB39DF1D1-DF25-42AB-8274-546B89913309.jpg1C82C4AA-F9A4-4B93-9122-FD211A6DA4EE.jpeg

The knives are the star (again) tbf as I said when they bought them out a few months ago they are a great price and the reviews reflect this

In the run up to xmas (busiest time for sales or should be) only having the halogen and some knives is very very poor

Latest theory

In fashion shows and a lot of kitchen shows (if they have a decent product on) there is no or at least very little "looks to camera" i.e the pressure sell

These shows must sell at a constant decent level especially fashion, the other tat we get all the drama horns and the rest of the distraction tactics.

Problem is the fashion customers are mostly regulars and probably dont buy anything else, the buyers of drones et al buy once and not surprisingly are not quick to come back

Shaun has just said that 'one of our top collectors , Dave Loyden bought eight watches in the first half hour of our show the other night '.
'I think it was more than that' said the co -presenter ' I'm just talking about the first half hour' replied Shaun.

BTW could anyone explain why Shaun keeps saying 'I'm not being funny but....' particularly when what he is saying is totally anodyne ie 'I'm not being funny but we don't have many of these' or 'I'm not being funny but it's nearly ten o clock'.

Shaun has just said that 'one of our top collectors , Dave Loyden bought eight watches in the first half hour of our show the other night '.
'I think it was more than that' said the co -presenter ' I'm just talking about the first half hour' replied Shaun.

BTW could anyone explain why Shaun keeps saying 'I'm not being funny but....' particularly when what he is saying is totally anodyne ie 'I'm not being funny but we don't have many of these' or 'I'm not being funny but it's nearly ten o clock'.

I wonder who Dave Loydon will leave his 482 Vostoks to in his Will? One thing’s for sure, no one will be contesting that bequeath.

Now we all know that Nanty isn’t Funny, he doesn’t need to tell us, anymore than he needs to tell us ‘I’m not being honest’ :mysmilie_59:

Podcast Paul kicks off the day with a Bosch Vac.

Bev Hare now uses this in her home (swear it used to be a vax machine) though I suppose if I got a free new machine every month I would change as well.

Partridge Paul says "you may know Bosch if you are a man and like your DIY, of course if you are a woman you may also like DIY as well"

AHA!

'I'm not being funny but.....' I thought he said he'd bought six watches and then Kevski said 'it was more than that wasn't it?'

I noticed because I had been watching the original show when he said DL had bought eight watches and that was in the first half hour. When the hour was up, I wonder how many the tally was?

DL is a man who likes to give his reviews. It's been a while and none have appeared for that lot as yet. Maybe he never really bought any?........I'm just being funny......

if anybody looking for wireless earbuds for xmas or themselves the current 505050 code bringing them to £52 delivered is a very very good deal

89.99 on amazon (79.99 on black friday)

WhooooHooo.

Toy Sale now..........
......But wait the APP and Website is down so any savings are used up by having to call the premium rate number to order, Naughty,Naughty ideal world.

They are £65 on Amazon as there is a £25 voucher you can apply, so a £13 saving, but still a saving :)

Mason is a right piece of work

On now with Protocol the owner has just said this is not a quick fix please give it time e.t.c

cut to Mason

"dont believe me a bald bloke, dont believe him? nah just try them the 10 shots if they dont work send it all back via asda"

James almost shaking his head out of picture! Mason then repeats himself cuts back to James for a single camera shot

"If you are going to buy my product try it for a few days then stop please do not buy"

What a mess this is, further proof they are sales targeted.

You can tell Mike hates this job now almost as if he thinks he is better than this, trust me Mike you aint

Makes me laugh each time they casually throw out "just take it to Asda" even when talking about vaccum cleaners and other larger items. Like it is no problem at all.

I dislike how they (and all selly telly channels, to be fair) talk about the returns policy like they are all too happy to let you return everything and anything, aslong as you just buy everything and everything on a whim.

Yet if you remotely used it in the fashion that they talk about it, you'd have your account frozen within a week.

I dislike how they (and all selly telly channels, to be fair) talk about the returns policy like they are all too happy to let you return everything and anything, aslong as you just buy everything and everything on a whim.

Yet if you remotely used it in the fashion that they talk about it, you'd have your account frozen within a week.

From memory, Mike 'Gollum' Mason appears to be by far the worst offender when it comes to that sort of thing, cheerfully encouraging viewers to use it/abuse it "and if you don't like it just send it back and we'll give you a full refund". And management do nothing to restrain these occasionally erroneous claims, therefore in theory there's a court case waiting to happen as long as buyers record the very show that told them to do this.

Latest posts

Back