Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I love the jingle and have asked IW where I can buy it..........NOT! - Shockingly bad & they continue to cut off their goons with it.

Currently watching Mike "Bonkers""Flying Out""Meltdown" Mason & fake smiley Pete "How brilliant is that" Volleyball - I bet these people sleep like babies at night. Painful to watch but entertainingly awful. I would never buy anything from this badly run outfit, but it's great fun to watch, as it's so perfectly shoddy!

Another day another wonder drone. This time the X-Vision Professional Drone.:mysmilie_17:
That guy demonstrating it is an even bigger idiot than Mike Mire. He claims that it has GPS and not only does the GPS work indoors, but also in the faraday cage of the studio!!!
I've never heard such ****** twaddle before, not even on IW. In fact I'm quite sure that this toy doesn't have GPS at all.

I just don't understand how this channel keeps getting away with all of the false claims it makes about products it sells!!

Another day another wonder drone. This time the X-Vision Professional Drone.:mysmilie_17:
That guy demonstrating it is an even bigger idiot than Mike Mire. He claims that it has GPS and not only does the GPS work indoors, but also in the faraday cage of the studio!!!
I've never heard such ****** twaddle before, not even on IW. In fact I'm quite sure that this toy doesn't have GPS at all.

I just don't understand how this channel keeps getting away with all of the false claims it makes about products it sells!!

Link to tonight's 8pm drone show: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/x-vision-pro-drone-2740040?channel=IW

Was watching the drone for a while and I never saw the drone in the studio hover stationary; it was always moving even if very slowly. Naturally it couldn't get a GPS fix indoors but you would have thought that being a 'professional' drone it could at least do a decent job of hovering indoors with a (supposed) gyro and no breeze to blow it off course. Peter Simon predictably kept shouting things like "Look at the stability of it" when of course it was anything but stable. Watch at 42:25 to see Jonathan crash the drone and it allegedly fails to take off again due to a flat battery (whoops), with Peter promptly ignoring Jonathan tellling him twice about the flat battery, then the drone mysteriously starts working again :mysmilie_59:

Plus they kept showing a clip of the drone flying around the grounds of a stately home. I'm pretty sure that the National Trust wouldn't allow drones to buzz around their precious properties nearly crashing into valuable statues or into windows, etc., so why on earth did they show somewhere normally off-limits to budding drone fliers in order to sell this product?

Link to tonight's 8pm drone show: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/x-vision-pro-drone-2740040?channel=IW

Was watching the drone for a while and I never saw the drone in the studio hover stationary; it was always moving even if very slowly. Naturally it couldn't get a GPS fix indoors but you would have thought that being a 'professional' drone it could at least do a decent job of hovering indoors with a (supposed) gyro and no breeze to blow it off course. Peter Simon predictably kept shouting things like "Look at the stability of it" when of course it was anything but stable. Watch at 42:25 to see Jonathan crash the drone and it allegedly fails to take off again due to a flat battery (whoops), with Peter promptly ignoring Jonathan tellling him twice about the flat battery, then the drone mysteriously starts working again :mysmilie_59:

Plus they kept showing a clip of the drone flying around the grounds of a stately home. I'm pretty sure that the National Trust wouldn't allow drones to buzz around their precious properties nearly crashing into valuable statues or into windows, etc., so why on earth did they show somewhere normally off-limits to budding drone fliers in order to sell this product?

Link doesn't work. Very strange.

There was a cracking moment a week or so ago, when Richard Dire was showing the stability of the drone, and actually had to jump up and catch it, as it was drifting upwards towards the ceiling :mysmilie_19:

Not once did he give up on "how amazing the stability is"....unbelievable.

Ideal have bought forward the ceramic heaters a week because of the forecast (or lack of anything else to sell at all more likely)

Great work as we head for a week of double figure temps !

Unlucky again

There was a cracking moment a week or so ago, when Richard Dire was showing the stability of the drone, and actually had to jump up and catch it, as it was drifting upwards towards the ceiling :mysmilie_19:

Not once did he give up on "how amazing the stability is"....unbelievable.

Remember, these are the drones that are 'as good' as drones selling for 10x as much.

Ideal have bought forward the ceramic heaters a week because of the forecast (or lack of anything else to sell at all more likely)

Great work as we head for a week of double figure temps !

Unlucky again

What gets me is the rubbish they spout when selling these. I don't watch the heating hours any more, please don't tell me they're still saying 'switch your heating off, buy one of these and wheel it from room to room.' Or are they suggesting you switch your heating off, buy 5 of these at circa £1500 or whatever and 'save yourself a fortune on heating bills.'

We all feel sorry for people that genuinely can't afford to heat their homes i.e. have to chose between eating and heating. However the answer for those people isn't to buy one of these. And for those of us that are thankfully in a position to afford our heating, it's much better to have a decent boiler and rads on at medium throughout the house to give an even heat everywhere for when you, you know, move from room to room ... as oppose to wheeling a rad around with you!!! Or if you have a modern electric radiator system as my mum does, again you can have all the rads on at a medium heat and the whole house is warm. And they go on and off very efficiently as they also have the amazing new 'thermostat' technology.

AND STOP SHOWING US THE AMAZING HEAT RETENTION PROPERTIES OF THE RADS INSIDE A HOT TV STUDIO. TAKE THE PANELS INTO A COLD ROOM AND SHOW US HOW QUICKLY THEY HEAT UP AND THEN RETAIN STORED HEAT.

Sad thing is, they either have a warehouse full of these things or people 'are' buying them given they keep selling them.

Last edited:
What gets me is the rubbish they spout when selling these. I don't watch the heating hours any more, please don't tell me they're still saying 'switch your heating off, buy one of these and wheel it from room to room.' Or are they suggesting you switch your heating off, buy 5 of these at circa £1500 or whatever and 'save yourself a fortune on heating bills.'

We all feel sorry for people that genuinely can't afford to heat their homes i.e. have to chose between eating and heating. However the answer for those people isn't to buy one of these. And for those of us that are thankfully in a position to afford our heating, it's much better to have a decent boiler and rads on at medium throughout the house to give an even heat everywhere for when you, you know, move from room to room ... as oppose to wheeling a rad around with you!!! Or if you have a modern electric radiator system as my mum does, again you can have all the rads on at a medium heat and the whole house is warm. And they go on and off very efficiently as they also have the amazing new 'thermostat' technology.

AND STOP SHOWING US THE AMAZING HEAT RETENTION PROPERTIES OF THE RADS INSIDE A HOT TV STUDIO. TAKE THE PANELS INTO A COLD ROOM AND SHOW US HOW QUICKLY THEY HEAT UP AND THEN RETAIN STORED HEAT.

Sad thing is, they either have a warehouse full of these things or people 'are' buying them given they keep selling them.

I could not agree more with everything said here.

Read on another post one of the drones crashed, it was going to happen sooner or later, with them flying them in that studio, around there heads.

My dad has one of those thousand pounds as they keep saying, whenever they sell a drone, my dad calls it look behind the sofa stuff. Not sure what they do is in the drone code

Watched a few minutes of a repeat show with the new drone man and he had the bleeding thing whizzing around the studio so fast it would have decapitated anyone that got in its way. Peter Simon was screeching at the top of his voice in either excitement or fear.

Shaun stated last night in the watch hour, Dave Loydon had 'just bought eight watches in the last half hour' :mysmilie_85:

Each to their own but the poor guy probably thinks they (IW) think highly of him and that he's part of the family.

They'll think highly of him alright, however probably not in the way he thinks ...

I do, seemed real in the audience the last time seems a genuine facebook page e.t.c

Probably a tad deluded but if he can afford it good luck to him

If they can fake their demo's I'm pretty sure they can knock up a facebook page and pay someone to show up once or twice.

Maybe I very much doubt anybody buys because Dave Loydon does or doesn't. The desperation and lack of numbers they sell in the watch shows tell us that.

Latest posts

Back