Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blonde Bint: "if your sound isn't quite up to high resolution, this enhances the sound to high resolution"

She was talking about the Sony Xperia. Seems she talks as much nonsense as another tech expert that rhymed witb Spanish!

I noticed there was going to be another Sony Xperia phone launch. How many Sony phones are there?!! I suppose this one is the best one ever and all the presenters are getting one?

Great news, the Sony Xperia 10 is a world exclusive to Ideal World.

Except it's also available on eBay too for £299.99.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Sony...775217&hash=item4d8dfc2440:g:~nQAAOSwLXBcdn8L

The IW phone expert claims this is a Sony flag ship phone. However I read elsewhere, as expected, that it's only a midrange phone.

More lies!!!!!

As perhaps to be expected Ideal World are bending the truth slightly in that it's the silver colour that's exclusive to them in the UK, though to their credit Ideal World are selling this phone a bit cheaper than anywhere else I could find including P&P, plus their Flexi-pay option may be useful to some people. The Xperia 10 appears to be a very nice phone even if it's a real pity it uses a two year-old mid-range Snapdragon processor, though it's no doubt superior to much of the phone tat they usually sell. Just don't expect flagship performance!

I noticed there was going to be another Sony Xperia phone launch. How many Sony phones are there?!! I suppose this one is the best one ever and all the presenters are getting one?

Yep, despite just being on a couple of days ago, declaring the second hand iPhone 6 S's to be the greatest thing ever - she said that the Sony phone was "going home with her" the presenters must have massive houses to keep all this stuff in.

It's the fact that woman expert said that it was a flagship phone and it's priced at only £290 which irks me. Making out that it's some kind of super duper bargain when the recommended price is a mere 350 Euro.

Naughty!!!

One out of three is right although i would substitute silly for something much stronger but i am to much of a gentleman and ladies are on this forum.

At 8:58 last night on the Swiss Military watch show, there was Shauny concerned that a watch he wanted to buy was going to sell out before he had chance to buy one. The show ended at 9 o'clock and there were only 20% of that particular watch left in stock. So it took 58 minutes to sell 80% and we were expected to believe that the remaining 20% were going to sell out in 2 minutes?!

Cut out the Bullshit Shaun, we all know that you were never intended to buy one anyway!

By the way, that watch is still in stock today.

Last edited:
I've just seen the Dafta award winner Peter Simon pull the "check this price, it must be wrong" stunt yet again!! It's been some time since I saw him pull this one, but old habits die hard!!!

Gollum was giving the old "you need to checkout your baskets now guys. We are monstrously busy for this" talking about the Bosch cordless vac. 4 days later they are still showing repeat runs and it is still for sale.

I recall phoning the customer services when I was ordering a Tefal appliance. I said to the guy, I just wanted to get it quickly ordered as they said they are about to sell out. He laughed and said they had loads in stock. They really are a bunch of arseholes.

You mean you ACTUALLY BUY from this market-trading outfit? - I only watch this channel for the shoddiness of it! - People deserve to get stung if they are stupid enough to get sucked in by this awful set-up.

The NUU phone they're selling is said to have an HD+ screen. Sorry IW, but a screen that's 1440 by 720 isn't HD+. It's not even full HD!!!!

Muppets!!!!!

Last edited:
The NUU phone they're selling is said to have an HD+ screen. Sorry IW, but a screen that's 1440 by 720 isn't HD+. It's not even full HD!!!!

Muppets!!!!!

Sadly, Ideal World can just about get away with such a statement when "HD ready" (or "HD" as opposed to "Full HD") refers to a 1280x720 resolution, therefore HD+ might qualify as a resolution higher than that figure. Not that most of Ideal World's target audience would be too bothered about such a discrepancy, mind...

You mean you ACTUALLY BUY from this market-trading outfit? - I only watch this channel for the shoddiness of it! - People deserve to get stung if they are stupid enough to get sucked in by this awful set-up.

Yeah because it was Tefal, and I knew they would sort out any warranty issues even if IW didn't. That plus it was a LOT cheaper than anywhere else. They do genuinely have some bargains at times, but they ruin it with the dreadful presentations.

Sadly, Ideal World can just about get away with such a statement when "HD ready" (or "HD" as opposed to "Full HD") refers to a 1280x720 resolution, therefore HD+ might qualify as a resolution higher than that figure. Not that most of Ideal World's target audience would be too bothered about such a discrepancy, mind...

The silly lady (expert?) also said the screen was 1080 pixels! A screen of 1080 pixels would be rougher than Bear's arse!!! The screen on that phone is, 720*1440 = 1,008,000 pixels.

Yeah because it was Tefal, and I knew they would sort out any warranty issues even if IW didn't. That plus it was a LOT cheaper than anywhere else. They do genuinely have some bargains at times, but they ruin it with the dreadful presentations.

Fair enough. I just wouldn't give them my custom, even if it was something I wanted. Glad you got a good deal though.

Fair enough. I just wouldn't give them my custom, even if it was something I wanted. Glad you got a good deal though.

Precisely this. Very occasionally there have been some genuine bargains but basically I couldn't cope with (a) the potential hassle involved if anything were to go wrong with the buying and/or returns process, and (b) the very thought of funding the lifestyle of some truly obnoxious people (especially behind the scenes) is easily more than enough to put me off the idea of ordering from them.

Latest posts

Back