Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great history lesson from Peter Simon on the Berlin Wall ...'it was set up by the Russians , with the Americans of course !'

It was erected by the German Democratic Republic ( East Germany ) Pete.

I noticed that too. what a F*&^ing idiot!!!!

Now it's your chance to buy a second hand iPhone 6 for £300.

You lucky people.

I noticed that too. what a F*&^ing idiot!!!!

Now it's your chance to buy a second hand iPhone 6 for £300.

You lucky people.

Dirty Peter said ‘we looked to see at what you’d actually pay on a rental basis this phone, and at £30 extra a month plus your text and data and calls one could be looking at £50 a month’

Liar :mysmilie_19:

A8EE1DD9-EC71-4892-A755-E9B60A56770C.jpg

Some iffy maths going on at Ideal World. Jimmy Saville pleading, nay begging, with viewers to buy this latest Elife bike, as the price will go up because of Brexit!

She said they literally started with thousands of them. Then says they are down to 5% of the total stock that they had. Then says they are down to 20, WHICH IS HALF OF WHAT THEY STARTED WITH. Capitalised that for a reason.

If 20 is half of what they started the hour with, then they started with 40 bikes. Now, 5% of 1000 is 50. So they started off with 40 bikes, and are down to 20. They can't possibly have started "with thousands of them" if they had 5% of the supposed total stock when they were heading for just 20 bikes.

A whole lot of lies, and I guess an assumption that viewers can't do simple maths.

Dirty Peter said ‘we looked to see at what you’d actually pay on a rental basis this phone, and at £30 extra a month plus your text and data and calls one could be looking at £50 a month’

Liar :mysmilie_19:

View attachment 16984

During the watch hour, Simon said they had a brand new iPhone coming up at 10 0'clock. Well, the phone turns up to be a second hand iPhone 6, so not only is it not a new phone, but a pretty old model too. Never the less, our very trusted presenter said he was going to buy one! Yes Pete, we all believe you. After all, most of your colleagues buy practically every product that they present to us, so why should you be different?

I watched the beginning of the phone show to hear the new phone expert tell us, that the camera on the phone has great pixilation and takes better pictures than the eye can see. At one stage Pete looks at the TV camera, puts on his sincere face and says "with an iPhone, every day, is a happy day"!!!

Have you ever heard such ****** nonsense?

During the watch hour, Simon said they had a brand new iPhone coming up at 10 0'clock. Well, the phone turns up to be a second hand iPhone 6, so not only is it not a new phone, but a pretty old model too. Never the less, our very trusted presenter said he was going to buy one! Yes Pete, we all believe you. After all, most of your colleagues buy practically every product that they present to us, so why should you be different?

I watched the beginning of the phone show to hear the new phone expert tell us, that the camera on the phone has great pixilation and takes better pictures than the eye can see. At one stage Pete looks at the TV camera, puts on his sincere face and says "with an iPhone, every day, is a happy day"!!!

Have you ever heard such ****** nonsense?

The whole ‘effin train wreck of a channel is nonsense, anyway I thought Dirty Peter had bought a Caterpillar Phone?

I’m sensing things aren’t going well there, it’s long gone past life support stage now :wave:

Does anyone know what's wrong with Ideal World? At 7pm tonight there was meant to be a NUU Smartphone presentation with 'Nanty' Shaun & Lesley but instead they're showing a repeat of a previous Vibrapower show. Checked the website and the smartphone is still available for sale (they haven't sold out) and still currently in the schedule for the same slot.

Does anyone know what's wrong with Ideal World? At 7pm tonight there was meant to be a NUU Smartphone presentation with 'Nanty' Shaun & Lesley but instead they're showing a repeat of a previous Vibrapower show. Checked the website and the smartphone is still available for sale (they haven't sold out) and still currently in the schedule for the same slot.

Dunno PP, maybe Nanty needs extra time to practice his BS lines to shill those £600 Prazmius abhorrations at 8:00pm?

But while people will be no doubt disappointed that the NUU wasn’t shown I’m sure it will be on again.

And again, and again, and ....... :mysmilie_59:

Dunno PP, maybe Nanty needs extra time to practice his BS lines to shill those £600 Prazmius abhorrations at 8:00pm?

But while people will be no doubt disappointed that the NUU wasn’t shown I’m sure it will be on again.

And again, and again, and ....... :mysmilie_59:

The watch show is another repeat with Simon and Reynolds.

Strange.

The watch show is another repeat with Simon and Reynolds.

Strange.

It's a great show though - Peter has just said that they started to build the Berlin Wall in 1976 and was completed in 1968!!!!!!!!!!!! It was erected in 1961 Pete.
He also said that the first man in space , Yuri Gagarin , orbited the moon.
He orbited the Earth Pete.

I heard IW's resident idiot say "they started building the Berlin wall in 1976 and it was completed in 1968"!!!!!

There's only one Peter Simon.

Just had a look at that iPhone show….jesus.

Lesley G "this can record in 4K. 1080P is 10 thousand and 80 pixels (ermmm) and 4K is 4 thousand pixels" Ok luv!

Peter "you've got it for 75 quid, 4 enghthnn….." 75 quid and then mumbled nonsense instead of saying 4 flexi's. What a deceptive twat he is.

I for one, am befuddled.Lesley G telling us how amazing iCloud is, that you don't use a SD card, you use iCloud which is safe and secure.

I mentioned this the other day.....during an android phone show, she said how "other phones (meaning Apple) don't have SD card slots, so you use cloud backup, and if you run out of space you have to pay a monthly fee. But she doesn't want to pay a monthly fee for storage when you can use sd cards on android.

You don't think she tells lies do you??? :mysmilie_19:

Just had a look at that iPhone show….jesus.

Lesley G "this can record in 4K. 1080P is 10 thousand and 80 pixels (ermmm) and 4K is 4 thousand pixels" Ok luv!

Peter "you've got it for 75 quid, 4 enghthnn….." 75 quid and then mumbled nonsense instead of saying 4 flexi's. What a deceptive twat he is.

I for one, am befuddled.Lesley G telling us how amazing iCloud is, that you don't use a SD card, you use iCloud which is safe and secure.

I mentioned this the other day.....during an android phone show, she said how "other phones (meaning Apple) don't have SD card slots, so you use cloud backup, and if you run out of space you have to pay a monthly fee. But she doesn't want to pay a monthly fee for storage when you can use sd cards on android.

You don't think she tells lies do you??? :mysmilie_19:

She's absolutely hopeless!! She makes about as much sense as the other so called experts on IW. The average person in the street has more idea than any of them.

Yep he (the twat that is Peter Simon) hates having to mention the additional flexi payments, as others have touched on it's so obvious, he clearly and with great clarity announces the first payment e.g. 'you've got this for £25 quid!!!' but then his clearness and clarity seem to desert him when he has to mention the remaining 3 x £25 payments. I don't even go there now with referring to his supposed funniness, cheekiness etc so let's just overlook it cause he (supposedly) gives us a laugh. No. He's intentionally trying to deceive. I'd call that underhand.

Mind you, the watch shows with him and that other old twat are good for a laugh, although not in the way they hope. The shared announcing of the telephone number (they think they're cutting edge with doing this, not realising they just look and sound like a couple of idiots) the way Peter gives the SAME patter for each watch, almost fainting at its 'beauty', him and the other twat telling us some story about a Russian tank from 1960 or whatever and trying to convince us this in some way connects to the watch they're selling. Telling us we 'must insure them' ... why you twat?!? These 'timepieces' ain't going to appreciate in value. Referring to customers as 'collectors' to make them feel more important thus hoping they'll buy more watches. Showing us the back of the watch that you NEVER see when wearing the watch. Telling us it has the 'Panasonic XYT2154791 movement' as if I'd give a sh*t (granted collectors and those into watches do, I'll admit that) padding out the sale with some crappy print out on the history of some expedition that, again, is supposed to connect to the watch they're selling. 'Mary's not happy I'm doing this Peter, but I'm going to print off another 10 of these and give them to the next 10 buyers ...' all this stuff done to encourage sales as the sh*tty products don't stand on their own merit.

Oh yeah ... and most of them look HIDEOUS!!!

Last edited:
I sometimes see the watch shows without sound while listening to the radio.

Most of them are so HUGE both in diameter and thickness that you'd need to have the wrist of an Olympic weightlifter to make them look "normal"

De Knees says she’s buying the Mink Coloured Cushion Walk Shoes.

She also says they’re glamorous, stunning, chic, comfortable, stylish, elegant, transitional, lightweight, flexible and supportive.

But what she hasn’t said is they’re Plastic :mysmilie_59:

Mind you, the watch shows with him and that other old twat are good for a laugh, although not in the way they hope. The shared announcing of the telephone number (they think they're cutting edge with doing this, not realising they just look and sound like a couple of idiots) the way Peter gives the SAME patter for each watch, almost fainting at its 'beauty', him and the other twat telling us some story about a Russian tank from 1960 or whatever and trying to convince us this in some way connects to the watch they're selling. Telling us we 'must insure them' ... why you twat?!? These 'timepieces' ain't going to appreciate in value. Referring to customers as 'collectors' to make them feel more important thus hoping they'll buy more watches. Showing us the back of the watch that you NEVER see when wearing the watch. Telling us it has the 'Panasonic XYT2154791 movement' as if I'd give a sh*t (granted collectors and those into watches do, I'll admit that) padding out the sale with some crappy print out on the history of some expedition that, again, is supposed to connect to the watch they're selling. 'Mary's not happy I'm doing this Peter, but I'm going to print off another 10 of these and give them to the next 10 buyers ...' all this stuff done to encourage sales as the sh*tty products don't stand on their own merit.

Oh yeah ... and most of them look HIDEOUS!!!

There's now a Vostok promotional clip featuring Dave Loydon being introduced as a "retired engineer" (what sort of engineer isn't specified), wearing a Vostok sweatshirt whilst telling viewers that Igor "builds a story" into every watch and this somehow makes them 'special'. But naturally he doesn't tell us exactly why building a 'story' into a watch makes it worth over and above any other watch, and it quite frankly makes him look a fool by doing this.

There's now a Vostok promotional clip featuring Dave Loydon being introduced as a "retired engineer" (what sort of engineer isn't specified), wearing a Vostok sweatshirt whilst telling viewers that Igor "builds a story" into every watch and this somehow makes them 'special'. But naturally he doesn't tell us exactly why building a 'story' into a watch makes it worth over and above any other watch, and it quite frankly makes him look a fool by doing this.

That clip with Dave Loydon has been aired for quite some time now.

There has also been another short video of another Vostok collector who talks about the watches' rumbustness. Whatever that my be?

There are plenty of the original Vostok (Boctoc)automatic divers watches which you can buy on the web for around £40. These are a much better proposition.

Blonde Bint: "if your sound isn't quite up to high resolution, this enhances the sound to high resolution"

She was talking about the Sony Xperia. Seems she talks as much nonsense as another tech expert that rhymed witb Spanish!

Latest posts

Back