Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think some food related products are also incredibly poor value in general. I am thinking about meats packs over the years, pies and pasties type items, some of the sweets and chocolates, too. I recall one particular butcher they used some years back quickly disappeared over some hygiene related issue. Not the present butcher I might add.. Something Green - the butcher’s company name, not the colour of the meat…?
There were many stories about meat being ordered to come no later than mid December, and got to Christmas Eve and no meat

I think some food related products are also incredibly poor value in general. I am thinking about meats packs over the years, pies and pasties type items, some of the sweets and chocolates, too. I recall one particular butcher they used some years back quickly disappeared over some hygiene related issue. Not the present butcher I might add.. Something Green - the butcher’s company name, not the colour of the meat…?
The food prices are just ridiculous. Off the top of my head the popcorn related products are the biggest joke. I could be dreaming but I'm sure one Christmas they were flogging an advent calendar containing 12 small cans of beer and bags of pork scratchings for £60! Just how demented is that?!

Who was that dreadfully annoying, slightly bulbous eyed fellow who used to sell the pies and pasties? Troy, was it? A name that didn’t match his look essentially? Brough? Brutus? Ah…Brett. I recall his pasties didn’t go down too well with some buyers in the reviews and then his company apparently disappeared?

The food prices are just ridiculous. Off the top of my head the popcorn related products are the biggest joke. I could be dreaming but I'm sure one Christmas they were flogging an advent calendar containing 12 small cans of beer and bags of pork scratchings for £60! Just how demented is that?!
Because it probably one some award nobody’s heard off

Who is that dreadfully annoying, slightly bulbous eyed fellow who used to sell the pies and pasties? Troy, was it? A name that didn’t match his look essentially? Brough? Brutus? Ah…Brett. I recall his pasties didn’t go down too well with some buyers in the reviews and then his company apparently disappeared?
And if you remember earlier this year, they began selling them on IW, with the lady guest

IMG_0997.jpeg

Who was that dreadfully annoying, slightly bulbous eyed fellow who used to sell the pies and pasties? Troy, was it? A name that didn’t match his look essentially? Brough? Brutus? Ah…Brett. I recall his pasties didn’t go down too well with some buyers in the reviews and then his company apparently disappeared?
If it was the Real Pie Company, the one in Crawley,c Sussex stopped and think he went onto a different/similar venture and RealPieCo restarted in Huntingdon, Canvas under new buyout owners. Check companies house.

There's a thread on it here.

Think the Buccleugh estate was one butcher on TV QVC. Looked good but not cheap on QVC.

Also Donald Russell butchers. We tried a magazine offer of a £20 + free p&p pack intro of various Angus steak cuts, burgers & 'free' sausages many moons ago and it was very good, but their follow-up catalogue was then £30+ for similar and postage, so their intro offer didn't convert me to a regular.

As mentioned recently and earlier here, Real Pie Company looked good but at £3.50+ per item they were a considered purchase and for a pie I reckoned local for better value was easier.

Latest posts

Back