Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the final series of New Tricks, Larry lamb's character kept talking about Pat. Alluding to his wife. And the joke when finally revealed was that Pat was Patrick (played by none other than Peter V himself) maybe it turns out Bet is Brett. I doubt it but would be funny.
I used to watch it but I don't think I watched it right to the end. I'll see if it's on Britbox. Yes Bet could indeed be Brett, or even Bert!

I still think that so-called advice that Mason regularly and tediously gives out about pointing some Windows 3.1, cheap and nasty dash cam to the side window to film an irate driver threatening you is completely irresponsible. If you must risk getting your head further kicked in by doing that, then you would get much better quality and more accessible footage by pointing your mobile phone at them and filming them that way.

The last thing I would do in that situation would be to start pointing a toy camera at somebody, in such a state of agitation, that it would be quite possible that they could decide to smash your window as a result, and then get into the car to get hold of you. What I would be doing, rather than fiddling with a Matchbox Superfast ‘Drive Like Dad’ dash cam, would be phoning the Police and making the person aware that I was doing that. Equally, that could still inflame the situation, but at least they would know you were being directly proactive, rather than waving a rubber representation of a dash cam from the last century out of a Christmas cracker at them.

I still think that so-called advice that Mason regularly and tediously gives out about pointing some Windows 3.1, cheap and nasty dash cam to the side window to film an irate driver threatening you is completely irresponsible. If you must risk getting your head further kicked in by doing that, then you would get much better quality and more accessible footage by pointing your mobile phone at them and filming them that way.

The last thing I would do in that situation would be to start pointing a toy camera at somebody, in such a state of agitation, that it would be quite possible that they could decide to smash your window as a result, and then get into the car to get hold of you. What I would be doing, rather than fiddling with a Matchbox Superfast ‘Drive Like Dad’ dash cam, would be phoning the Police and making the person aware that I was doing that. Equally, that could still inflame the situation, but at least they would know you were being directly proactive, rather than waving a rubber representation of a dash cam from the last century out of a Christmas cracker at them.
We know someone who spends hours replaying dashcam footage after uneventful journeys. That must be the ultimate waste of time. But younger people especially are addicted to screens.

Mark and Shona are more understated than the other clowns but they still sail close to the wind with their "well being" advice although as that as a brand name they can use it freely.

With 100 people.

I always find it amusing that these presenters, while slagging off price wise the more expensive up market security devices (in this case something like a Ring Doorbell or similar) over the £20 alternative they are flogging at the time, usually admit to owning themselves the very products they are condemning as poor value. Oh the sheer hypocrisy of them.

Last edited:
Foghorn would never be seen in public,with some of the rubbish clothing she sells on IW3,remember 15 pairs of sunglasses 🕶️ is normal to her.
I would think ASA would not look favourably on her comparisons to designer clothing,it’s simply not true and only the gullible would be taken in!
Also which medical experts are seeking her advice,why would they do that?
Last but not least rattan season is coming up,we are all looking forward to that with Volleyball another jack of all trades master of none💩

Latest posts

Back