Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was singing The Lumberjack Song in my head when I read that! "I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra"🤣.

I was brought up on stuff like that. My dad was a huge fan of comedy such as Monty Python, Tony Hancock, Round the Horne, The Goons Show. It’s great that so many of the radio shows are available online. My dad had all the Hancocks Half Hour on tape, we played them all the time. Happy memories.
Same here. Spent many hours listening to Round the Horne, The Navy Lark and the Clitheroe Kid etc. they were very funny and full of double entendres. Wouldn’t get away with it these days

car interiors now have this vegan leather as well ... like mine and some can be recycled materials etc so case by case
I have a couple of Vegan Leather bags, both gorgeous and a world away from plastic. They feel exactly like leather and are easily mistaken for leather. I think to be sold as Vegan the product has strict guidelines to meet i.e no adhesive with animal derivatives and no linings to be made of silk, wool etc to name a few, so you can’t sell any old plastic bag as Vegan Leather.

Just tuned in and for a moment thought he'd been 'patio doored' again. His faux hairline is looking a bit ginger
Yep, just tuned too in and there’s definitely a bit of ‘shading’ going on with Pedro’s bonce today. Apparently he’ll be bringing us the ‘singing bells of Tibet’ shortly. Ooooh, looks like fans of nonsensical, word-salads will be in for a treat!

He just said WE tried to get a gel cooling pad for OUR bed. So much for living alone.

The guy has transient amnesia from show to show 🤦🏻‍♂️

One minute he's talking about living alone in a damp hovel, can't afford heating, water bottles in bed,
Next he's living with Josh and Bet, it's all "our" and "we", snuggles under heavy knit blankets

One minute he's complaining of sore knees, haemorrhoids, obesity, slowing down…
Next he says he's never been fitter thanks to years of 'swearing by' CBD/collagen/Vibrapower/Opatra

One minute he's claiming to have worked in shopping TV for nigh-on 30 years…
Later he's saying he's worked in shopping TV for nigh-on 40 years

Then he's talking about his glittering, award-winning career, working in vegas, 'dear friends' to the stars…
…while sat in a dingy cupboard studio on the rump-end of Freeview flogging copper socks and AA batteries

Last edited:
Socks £14.25 from Amazon, even though Pedro says IW are the only place in the UK you can buy them. £45 worth of socks he says. He must have gone off the copper socks. Muriel is in for them.
He loves trotting out that line, no doubt to try and create a sense of uniqueness, exclusivity.

Thing is, even for the 1% of times it might be true, there will still be 100's of other retailers selling something almost identical and often at a better price.

The guy has transient amnesia from show to show 🤦🏻‍♂️

One minute he's talking about living alone in a damp hovel, can't afford heating, water bottles in bed,
Next he's living with Josh and Bet, it's all "our" and "we", snuggles under heavy knit blankets

One minute he's complaining of sore knees, haemorrhoids, obesity, slowing down…
Next he says he's never been fitter thanks to years of 'swearing by' CBD/collagen/Vibrapower/Opatra

One minute he's claiming to have worked in shopping TV for nigh-on 30 years…
Later he's saying he's worked in shopping TV for nigh-on 40 years

Then he's talking about his glittering, award-winning career, working in vegas, 'dear friends' to the stars…
…while sat in a dingy cupboard studio on the rump-end of Freeview flogging copper socks and AA batteries
something odd about the eyebrows today

something odd about the eyebrows today

Another "patio door" accident no doubt, poor guy - I'd have thought he'd be more careful after last time :(

DermadocClinic-London-UK.jpg

I remember listening to Round the Horne and the Navy Lark on a Sunday lunchtime when I was a young girl. Julian and Sandy were my favourites, even though I couldn't really understand what they were about.
I love Round the Horne too, I've listened to them all online many times. Julian and Sandy were so outrageous, I think they got away with it because few people understood what they meant!

In one episode they ran a theatre ticket agency in the King's Road. Kenneth Horne went in to get tickets and asked them for suggestions. One of them said "How do you fancy As You Like It in the open air"😂. Perfectly reasonable comment as the play is set in the Forest of Arden...

Another one they were going fox hunting locally and Kenneth Horne asked them "what is there to chase in the King's Road?"😂😂😂

I love Round the Horne too, I've listened to them all online many times. Julian and Sandy were so outrageous, I think they got away with it because few people understood what they meant!

In one episode they ran a theatre ticket agency in the King's Road. Kenneth Horne went in to get tickets and asked them for suggestions. One of them said "How do you fancy As You Like It in the open air"😂. Perfectly reasonable comment as the play is set in the Forest of Arden...

Another one they were going fox hunting locally and Kenneth Horne asked them "what is there to chase in the King's Road?"😂😂😂
I was around 8 years old when it was on, so I had no idea what they were talking about, but knew it was funny because my parents laughed.

Latest posts

Back