Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it just me or does Mike Mason resemble Eddie Van Halen from his 80's days (obviously no hair).

http://www.biography.com/imported/i.../Profiles/V/Eddie-Van-Halen-9542559-3-402.jpg

Yes he does Paul. Tech Expert Mike has a few famous doppelgängers.

gollum (1).jpggollum2.jpg

And he strangely keeps forgetting when you can spend your 'Free £10 credit' as well. He dismissively says 'i'm terrible with dates, just check the T&C's on the website'.

And unfortunately they had another glitch when selling Prada Perfume in the Avalanche for a really good price, sadly the product had to be withdrawn. It did cross my mind it could have been a trick to keep people tuned in but of course I know I was just being silly :happy:

i can't say that crossed my mind you cynical sausage lol

i can't say that crossed my mind you cynical sausage lol

I know Mr Tom, sometimes I need a good shake as I know i'm far too cynical where this company are concerned.

I just don't know why, especially with a fine presenter like James Russell.

I know Mr Tom, sometimes I need a good shake as I know i'm far too cynical where this company are concerned.

I just don't know why, especially with a fine presenter like James Russell.

I prefer to think of it as, atleast he was remotely close (about something from 1996) whereas peter simon would wiki it and still get it wrong lol

I am VERY disappointed that Lisa Brash only has two pieces of art in her show tonight (a Gayford and an Elvis). For me this is a waste of her talents, why give an art expert rubbish like batteries to sell when she could be offering her artistic insight in a powerful and moving way?

A missed opportunity in my opinion.

I am VERY disappointed that Lisa Brash only has two pieces of art in her show tonight (a Gayford and an Elvis). For me this is a waste of her talents, why give an art expert rubbish like batteries to sell when she could be offering her artistic insight in a powerful and moving way?

A missed opportunity in my opinion.

but she gives back to the community... and by community i mean... foot fetishists haha

but she gives back to the community... and by community i mean... foot fetishists haha

She has the common touch when it comes to art, she can articulate what the painter was feeling in a simple way that many others couldn't hope to.

And it's all the more impressive that she picked up these skills in such a very short space of time. A natural gift, and she moves me.

She has the common touch when it comes to art, she can articulate what the painter was feeling in a simple way that many others couldn't hope to.

And it's all the more impressive that she picked up these skills in such a very short space of time. A natural gift, and she moves me.

i find her shifts to be a guilty pleasure haha.

i find her shifts to be a guilty pleasure haha.

I find her programmes to be entertaining yet enlightening. Lisa can also enrich our knowledge with her voracious appetite for artistic history, philosophy, social and cultural traditions.

All of which she delivers in a manner which the average viewer can easily absorb.

Wiggy just said 'i'm gonna give you a tenner so you buy this from me I give you back a tenner, a tenner goes into your account so next time you wanna buy from us you've got a tenner on your account'

Really Mark? I think you are at best being somewhat disingenuous, again.

I find her programmes to be entertaining yet enlightening. Lisa can also enrich our knowledge with her voracious appetite for artistic history, philosophy, social and cultural traditions.

All of which she delivers in a manner which the average viewer can easily absorb.

She mentioned the shopping telly forum by name saying we all slag her off.

I was like ":O if anything, i am a brash defender!!" haha

I have said it before but artistic and creative people often have a fiery temperament.

And Lisa Brash is most certainly creative, of that there's no doubt :happy:

I was told a few people on twitter (the same ones that say how hated Mike is on here) also try & cause trouble with Lisa saying how hated she is on here. It seems to be a handful of the same people trying to give this forum a bad name. Hidden agenda's obviously.

I was told a few people on twitter (the same ones that say how hated Mike is on here) also try & cause trouble with Lisa saying how hated she is on here. It seems to be a handful of the same people trying to give this forum a bad name. Hidden agenda's obviously.

I don't think Lisa is hated on here, I certainly don't.

I find her on air persona and spiel to be completely and utterly ludicrous but no more so than Dirty Peter, Mike Mason, Steve MacDonald and many of the others. I'll kind of miss them all when they're gone because I doubt they'll crop up elsewhere :giggle:

Last edited:
I don't think Lisa is hated on here, I certainly don't.

I find her on air persona and spiel to be completely and utterly ludicrous but no more so than Dirty Peter, Mike Mason, Steve MacDonald and many of the others. I'll kind of miss them all when they're gone because I doubt they'll crop up elsewhere :giggle:

I agree with you, she defo has the marmite factor but so do most the other entertaining presenters as you mention. I don't think I've ever seen any true hatred to Lisa on here.
She obviously doesn't get told how people on here even mention her business (selling those candles & a % goes to charity), I bets shes even got orders off the back of it.

I agree with you, she defo has the marmite factor but so do most the other entertaining presenters as you mention. I don't think I've ever seen any true hatred to Lisa on here.
She obviously doesn't get told how people on here even mention her business (selling those candles & a % goes to charity), I bets shes even got orders off the back of it.

There's worse than Lisa on Sit-Up. Much worse!

she was actually quite self depreciating of her job towards me on facebook. i think she gets alot of flack but mainly out of amusement than actual hatred.

If Lisa is a reasonable person off camera (and I have no reason to believe she isn't) I think she would probably admit that she invites much of the flack.

They all do :giggle:

Latest posts

Back