Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just been having a look at some Bid presenters' Twitter feeds. There's a rather abrupt, foul mouthed reply from Peter Sherlock to somebody. Sadly, I can't see what he's replying to as the user's account has been suspended.

I'm not on Twitter and haven't read his comments but that doesn't sound like the cheerful bloke we all knew and loved on the screen! Obviously I don't know what was said but would it not be better to ignore it because people will remember his answer and probably not what provoked it.

I'm not worried about Dirty Peter. He has so many influential friends not only from the BBC, not only from McDonalds, and he has worked in fashion and handbags for nigh on 20 years. He will be sifting through his pile of job offers as we speak!

Phew! Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

'Gottle of Geer' :mysmilie_59:

She'd probably comb his hair for him (if he had any). Perhaps she cuts up his food too?

Or blows on it if it's too hot?

You do know that you have put an image in my head of a grinning Gollum sat on his Goddess' knee and this image will not go away!!! If I have a bad dream tonight I know who to blame... The goddess sounds more his mother than his partner with the fighting of his battles!

Surprised they haven't cut the feed yet on Sky. When Comet went into administration the firm brought in took over the website and explained about refunds etc. What about the people who purchased items on the last day?

KPMG said people need keep an eye on the website (bid or KPMG?) and items not already dispatched would not be sent and too look at the website.

As it happened on a four day bank holiday it is taking longer.

Q: What happens to viewers who have recently bought goods? What if they want to return goods?
A: It's unlikely that viewers who recently bought goods and have not received them will get them. Administrators KPMG is to issue more information for consumers via the channel's websites soon.
In the meantime, the Citizens Advice Bureau website has general information for consumers who have bought goods from a company that has gone into administration.

Last edited:
Funny thing trying to fill the void of no bid, as I found myself watching one of those religious channels high on the Sky numbers in the planner.

On such channel I witnessed a bald man, talking unscripted, non-stop, asking for unreasonably large sums money for very little in return. All I had to do was to call an overpriced call centre - for the promise of a 14 day delivery of a token that would reasure me and help me in times of trouble.

This Budda acrillic token offering, is best described, as what experts call 'Carnival Ware.' It was cheap tat.

To my suprise and bewilderment this presenter then started singing and jiving working himself up into a mild frenzy, in order, I suspect, to generate further sales.

He was then with vigor, banging on and on and on about how the Budda would make life better. Then he spurted on how it has already helped all those who owned one.

Is there, I wonder, a parallel cross-over oppertunity of transferable skills, for any recently fired telly selly presenters??

Last edited:
No idea from me Mr T. Hope some one can give us the low down. Personally I can't be bothered to use twitter or facebook, this forum does it all for me.:mysmilie_17:

I have no shame in saying that on this matter, I am simply a nosy b#stard haha.

I can't see what was said to him as that person appears to have been banned since, but Mr Sherlock simply responded '' F*ck off''

Funny thing was Debbie Greenwood then commented on it doing, saying well done to Peter for saying it

Maybe someone said Divine Decadence smells like Dirty Mop Water?

Part of me was so tempted to say something bitchy about his **** perfume and his wonky labels but thought better of it..

He's launching a men's fragrance soon called 'Matinee Idol'.

Apparently it will be available 'on a big website' so i'm guessing ebay or Amazon.

Or maybe freecycle?:mysmilie_59:

lol! Is it wrong I laughed at this and her fake tears?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WC2Dmx-p9w&feature=youtu.be

I am so devastated I could only film this clip for my website!

Think you're being a bit mean here! BUT how ever much we disliked some of their sales tactics, these people have obviously had an absolute blast working together and for most of them, it must be absolutely horrendous, I'm missing watching them, but I can only imagine how much worse they are feeling and with money worries to go with it. I hope to see some of the products for sale, Sally's fashion, Peter's perfume (despite the wonky labels and no expense spared packaging) it might be alright for all we know. I wouldn't normally jump in with a response like this but that comment was downright mean, although to be fair you did say it was wrong!!!!

Think Shopping channels are a dying breed now too expensive to run and I think there's a lot more people myself included who'd rather just watch them for ideas and buy elsewhere and get a better deal.

Think you're being a bit mean here! BUT how ever much we disliked some of their sales tactics, these people have obviously had an absolute blast working together and for most of them, it must be absolutely horrendous, I'm missing watching them, but I can only imagine how much worse they are feeling and with money worries to go with it. I hope to see some of the products for sale, Sally's fashion, Peter's perfume (despite the wonky labels and no expense spared packaging) it might be alright for all we know. I wouldn't normally jump in with a response like this but that comment was downright mean, although to be fair you did say it was wrong!!!!

Think Shopping channels are a dying breed now too expensive to run and I think there's a lot more people myself included who'd rather just watch them for ideas and buy elsewhere and get a better deal.

Mean maybe Merry but perhaps this old thread would serve to highlight her complete and utter hypocrisy on that clip.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?38806-Sally-Jacks

The p+p used to be wonderful value. Phoney right to the end :mysmilie_59:

It's amazing how quickly she recovered to tell us all about her own website.

But that's showbusiness :mysmilie_59:

I notice she says she's already bagged a few celebrity interviews ready to put on her website.

"My first interview is with the legendary, award winning, former BBC presenter, Peter Simon. He used to present Blue Peter don't you know. Not only with the Blue Peter badge. Not only with the empty washing up liquid bottle. Not only with the sticky tape. Oooohhhh yes! Delicious. Stunning!"

"My second interview is with the one and only former Channel Five leg-end, Mike Mason, who used to present Quiz Call six days a week and twice on Sundays. Now what do I mean by interview? Let me explain if you will. Well, I sat down with Mike and I asked a number of questions about his private life. Questions about his wifeslashgoddess. His little boy. His previous career as an expert electrician and expert sound engineer. Mike tells me all about his passion for sound - he knows great sound".

"So please, check out my website for lots more interviews with even more A list celebrities."

Latest posts

Back