Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it Steve tonight? I haven't watched properly for ages and need a Bid fix! I'll tune in at eleven!

Is it Steve tonight? I haven't watched properly for ages and need a Bid fix! I'll tune in at eleven!

Steve was on Price Drop from 6.30-10.00, Neil Russell is off sick so despite being on this afternoon Andrea said she was also doing the 10.00 shift on Bid but instead she's on Price Drop right now and Mark Ryes is on Bid which is a very good reason not to watch!

But Andrea sounds ill too, her voice is on it's way out. The MacDonald baby must be due anytime now, I remember he had his mobile phone at the ready in case he got the call before Christmas.

Mark Ryes is such a tool, he never fails to say something idiotic. He just said 'Ladies, John is specifically in his Lycra for you tonight, he donned his outfit especially for you'.

What a plank.

I just switched over and saw who it was. How disappointing! I'll watch Andrea for a bit instead. She really is croaky, isn't she!

I don't know what the true story is, but Andy has said he won't be on for a while due to other projects (from Twitter).

I just switched over and saw who it was. How disappointing! I'll watch Andrea for a bit instead. She really is croaky, isn't she!

She is croaky but as Mark Ryes is virtually unwatchable she still has to be the far better option :mysmilie_59:

I don't know what the true story is, but Andy has said he won't be on for a while due to other projects (from Twitter).

Well he's a freelancer and has done stuff like This Morning before, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's doing something else.

Yeah, I realise that. I will miss him on Bid if he doesn't come back, for whatever reason!

Yeah, I realise that. I will miss him on Bid if he doesn't come back, for whatever reason!

I think that the fact Andy has been (hopefully temporarily) replaced by Simon Davies reminds us of the desperate lack of on screen talent they have at Sit Up.

Prepare to endlessly hear 'you'll be buying this from me today' accompanied by his out of breath gasps and him reminding us that he is the guy on the Enterprise Car Hire commercials :yawn:

Frump is selling a Philip Mercier watch and said people were on the lines but not comfirming their order by pressing 1, she added 'that is a little bit naive'.

Cheeky mare, I'd say that given there was no price on screen when she said that they were being far from naive.

It ended up being £17.99 with 'no p+p'. She only sold 11 from a quantity of 100, I hope people are getting wise to the 'no p+p' bullshit.

Frump is selling a Philip Mercier watch and said people were on the lines but not comfirming their order by pressing 1, she added 'that is a little bit naive'.

Cheeky mare, I'd say that given there was no price on screen when she said that they were being far from naive.

It ended up being £17.99 with 'no p+p'. She only sold 11 from a quantity of 100, I hope people are getting wise to the 'no p+p' bullshit.

I saw the Padua blue beaded necklace and earring set with no postage. It was £8.99 and I remember it sold before Christmas for £1 plus 'the usual extras'......yes, great this no P&P lark lol

PS I think Steve has had his little boy, I say little, he was getting on for 10lb! He's not had much paternity leave

I saw the Padua blue beaded necklace and earring set with no postage. It was £8.99 and I remember it sold before Christmas for £1 plus 'the usual extras'......yes, great this no P&P lark lol

PS I think Steve has had his little boy, I say little, he was getting on for 10lb! He's not had much paternity leave

Such shysters!

Good to hear Steve's baby has arrived, 10lbs? Wow! Any news on the name?

Well he's a freelancer and has done stuff like This Morning before, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's doing something else.

Your probably so right!! Maybe the team at this morning were looking over the footage from 5 years ago and happened upon one of the handful of extremely brief segments in which mr schofield took the blatant Mickey out of Andy Hodgesons terrible gadget section. Maybe the producers realised the error of their ways for canning him and are bringing him back?? Or maybe Andy has been snapped up by another obscure local radio station?? Or maybe they want to introduce an Alan partridge impersonator to the next partridge film and have turned to AH ??

All of these things are possible. But unfortunately totally untrue. As I told you weeks ago Andy has been fired and will never return to BID TV. I'm guessing the "othèr opportunities" that Andy refers to is disgruntled show biz code for "I'm off to the job center"

Your probably so right!! Maybe the team at this morning were looking over the footage from 5 years ago and happened upon one of the handful of extremely brief segments in which mr schofield took the blatant Mickey out of Andy Hodgesons terrible gadget section. Maybe the producers realised the error of their ways for canning him and are bringing him back?? Or maybe Andy has been snapped up by another obscure local radio station?? Or maybe they want to introduce an Alan partridge impersonator to the next partridge film and have turned to AH ??

All of these things are possible. But unfortunately totally untrue. As I told you weeks ago Andy has been fired and will never return to BID TV. I'm guessing the "othèr opportunities" that Andy refers to is disgruntled show biz code for "I'm off to the job center"

Do you know why he was fired?

Well it has to be...

For a boy: Christian Lars Tommy

For a girl: Padua and Kate

:giggle:

:mysmilie_59:

They have lots of inspiration don't they?

Look at Runt of The Litter Ryes in his Tuxedo on Price Drop. He's more Jimmy Cricket than James Bond.

image.jpg

Did I say he was going onto This Morning? All I was pointing out was that over and above any other presenter on bid, he has had mainstream TV experience and isn't well past his prime. I'm sure being a presenter on Sky Sports News, featuring in Armando Iannucci's comedy shows and on 10 O'Clock Live, presenting segments on This Morning all counts for nothing.

If he really was "sacked" (quite how they do that to a freelancer I've no idea), why would he keep up the supposed pretense on Twitter? In any case, he's already a freelance Media Consultant and Voiceover, so he'd hardly be destitute.

Latest posts

Back