Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't be so cynical. Surely Mike is not the only person that has carpet, wood, laminate & tiled floors
in his house? So he's not lying about having his carpets cleaned AND using a mop too.

I never said he lied. I merely passed comment that it was strange that he mentioned carpets when selling a carpet cleaner - and then a laminate floor when selling a mop. The same way in that its strange that the presenters own gas/electric ovens when selling oven cleaning products - but then own a Halogen oven, because they're quicker and cleaner than gas/electric ovens, when they're selling Halogen ovens.

You mentioned lying.......

I wouldn't expect their presenters to lie - obviously. They're very professional. Its not like the Company and/or its presenters have got pages of upheld complaints about suspect selling tactics on the ASA website....

Last edited:
I don't really care whether Mike holds the door open for "ladies". We only talk about who we see on screen. I have never heard Caroline for example (who often mentions her partner) reveal disgusting things about him. The things he says is a joke is it? I remember a programme in the 1970s called The Comedians when they would start their jokes with "I'm not saying that my wife is fat but..." this is 2014 and thankfully that type of "humour" is long gone. We call her Waynetta because that's how Mike describes her. If she does not like this he shouldn't speak about her in this way. Don't blame us for commenting on what he says. And he never likes it if a female answers him back if he is taunting them, they usually get told "all right darling calm down". We think he is a sexist pig because hd acts like one. We thing Peter Simon is creepy because he acts creepy on air.

I don't really care whether Mike holds the door open for "ladies". We only talk about who we see on screen. I have never heard Caroline for example (who often mentions her partner) reveal disgusting things about him. The things he says is a joke is it? I remember a programme in the 1970s called The Comedians when they would start their jokes with "I'm not saying that my wife is fat but..." this is 2014 and thankfully that type of "humour" is long gone. We call her Waynetta because that's how Mike describes her. If she does not like this he shouldn't speak about her in this way. Don't blame us for commenting on what he says. And he never likes it if a female answers him back if he is taunting them, they usually get told "all right darling calm down". We think he is a sexist pig because hd acts like one. We thing Peter Simon is creepy because he acts creepy on air.

As pertinent a point as i've ever read on this forum.

He's an utter dinosaur, appalling. I know he looks absolutely donkeys years older than he actually is but his 'humour' is like something from decades ago during a very unsavoury past.

The on air Mike Mason is an utterly ghastly man, truly he is. I genuinely cannot think of a single person on TV I find more thoroughly dislikeable and my only comfort is that when Sit-Up sinks it's surely inconceivable that any other channel would hire him now all the dodgy quiz channels he has also worked for have closed down (he was perfect on QuizCall, that was the best piece of casting, ever).

He encapsulates everything that is wrong with that outfit. He's shocking.

Both Wirral and Muttley are spot on. M&M what do you think when your buddy says what he does on air. Can you see why we think he is sexist pig? If I shop lift but then help a lady in a different store does that negate the crime? Nope.

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Both Wirral and Muttley are spot on. M&M what do you think when your buddy says what he does on air. Can you see why we think he is sexist pig? If I shop lift but then help a lady in a different store does that negate the crime? Nope.

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Sod his supposed chivalry, I couldn't care less if he opens the car door for Duchess/Goddess Tupper.

It's his lying that bugs me and time and time and time again he's been caught out. Red handed.

He even tells stories about the kid just to shill tatt, one minute he claims the boy loves the dark and urges Daddy to turn the light out but the next he's supposedly scared of the dark (when he's selling a Night Light).

What a rotten trick.

Sod his supposed chivalry, I couldn't care less if he opens the car door for Duchess/Goddess Tupper.

It's his lying that bugs me and time and time and time again he's been caught out. Red handed.

He even tells stories about the kid just to shill tatt, one minute he claims the boy loves the dark and urges Daddy to turn the light out but the next he's supposedly scared of the dark (when he's selling a Night Light).

What a rotten trick.

Tupper??
All I'm saying is that I sont see hum lyong. His son did use to be ok with the dark
until recently when he became scared of it. See, not a lie.

Tupper??
All I'm saying is that I sont see hum lyong. His son did use to be ok with the dark

Ah right, I see.

Honestly Moet I admire your loyalty but if you truly believe that he hasn't, on multiple occasions, made up stories just to shill his crap then i'm afraid I despair for you. I'd be here all day if I listed his blatant lies, and deep down I suspect you know it.

And where was the 'joke' when he told us all those unsavoury things about his partner? That is beyond me, there was not a shred of indication he was joking (you can tell when he's joking because HE laughs, nobody else does mind but he does) and furthermore what is funny about that anyway? What he was doing is what he always does, making other people look bad.

All his humour is at someone else's expense. There's a reason he's so widely disliked on this forum, his behaviour at times has been absolutely appalling. I bet you don't remember his 'droop' comments about Kiri's breasts do you, before 7pm? If anyone said that to a female colleague where I work they would be suspended and almost certainly fired. It was a shocking thing to say, truly shocking.

But he'll be the loser when Sit-Up folds (and it surely will). To say he's pigeon holing himself is an understatement, on screen he's like from another era and yet he's only in his early 40's.

I'm over this m&m idiot like i have said if mike has problems with us tell us himself for someone who loves to boast he's an alpha male he's not man enough to come on here!

The fact that Caroline mentions a partner doesn't mean anything-she invents people!
For example there is her 'cousin' whom, we are expected to believe, purchased from Bid some kind of eye refreshing product which she then presented to Caroline saying 'Sorry Caroline but I just can't bear to see you with tired looking eyes.'
Then there is another ( or is it the same ?) 'cousin' who is a chiropodist who apparently advised Caroline to buy a battery operated skin removal tool just like the one she happened to be flogging on Bid.
This is not to mention the endless procession of god-children for whom she forever claims to be buying presents which are inevitably just like something she is flogging at that very moment except that she 'paid much more'.

I'm over this m&m idiot like i have said if mike has problems with us tell us himself for someone who loves to boast he's an alpha male he's not man enough to come on here!

Moet is OK Louby but it's almost as if someone has done a brainwashing job on her and she cannot see what absolutely everyone on here can see.

And I think she misses a very important point. Thankfully we don't know him off screen, we only know what we see on TV. If Moet cannot see that some of his on screen behaviour over the last few years has been nothing short of appalling then I really do despair.

It's people like him that have helped bury the reputation of a once half decent channel into the ground and possibly the only reason he hasn't got a catalogue of ASA complaints against him is that he's just so ****** devious and sneaky. But he's very good at what he does, too good maybe?

Remember his Dongle bull? Schindey creep.

Would love to know if mike knows about m&m must do thinking back i'm sure they are ok just allow us to have our opinions he is in public eye he opens himself up to comments good or bad needs to accept that fact.

I am aware i'm quite abrupt atm apologies everyone

Tupper??

You see to know an awful lot about Mike, Mike, I mean Moet&Muffins.

Are you saying Mike has never lied on air? Are you saying the presenters never lie on air?

The fact that Caroline mentions a partner doesn't mean anything-she invents people!
For example there is her 'cousin' whom, we are expected to believe, purchased from Bid some kind of eye refreshing product which she then presented to Caroline saying 'Sorry Caroline but I just can't bear to see you with tired looking eyes.'
Then there is another ( or is it the same ?) 'cousin' who is a chiropodist who apparently advised Caroline to buy a battery operated skin removal tool just like the one she happened to be flogging on Bid.
This is not to mention the endless procession of god-children for whom she forever claims to be buying presents which are inevitably just like something she is flogging at that very moment except that she 'paid much more'.

Hi Aqua, I do agree with you about the number of friends/relatives she mentions! I was only making the point that she does not speak about her partner in a derogatory way. I could have mentioned any of the presenters, she was the first person who came into my mind. And don't get me started on Peter Simon's "friends"!

Regarding the ongoing debate about Mike Mason's personality, I may have a way to solve it. Does anyone watch a programme called Judge Judy on ITV3 and CBS Reality. If you haven't watched it I think you should give it a go. She is an elderly (although she does not look it) judge from New York who deals in basically a civil court giving no more than £5000 compensation. She is hilarious and often quite rude to people where necessary. She could solve this issue. We bring our evidence and his supporters bring evidence and not hearsay like "he is a nice man". We have a lot of evidence!

Regarding the ongoing debate about Mike Mason's personality, I may have a way to solve it. Does anyone watch a programme called Judge Judy on ITV3 and CBS Reality. If you haven't watched it I think you should give it a go. She is an elderly (although she does not look it) judge from New York who deals in basically a civil court giving no more than £5000 compensation. She is hilarious and often quite rude to people where necessary. She could solve this issue. We bring our evidence and his supporters bring evidence and not hearsay like "he is a nice man". We have a lot of evidence!

Muttley i'd like to volunteer to be a witness for the Prosecution.

I have much evidence.

Mike Mason is the worst example of a bygone area of humour, (I use the term humour loosely) the mysonginistic 'jokes', 'the mother-in-law only comes out at night' when was the last time people laughed at that?? He's a Jim Davidson throwback and we all know how hysterical he was! The absolutely ridiculous comments from M&M! Mike never, ever at any time is wrong! Everything he does/says is right! Such slavish devotion is rather sinister in my opinion.......the improbable stories of his son being not afraid of the dark, but is now, is laughable! How they can continually defend the indefensible and think they are credible is beyond me!
Then we get the story of how chivalrous he is! Opening car doors for 'a lady' grabs her coat ( that made me laugh! I had visions of him doing it while she was wearing it!) this all flies in the face of the evidence! He's a thick, dragon tatted wide boy. He can't help himself. As he said only a few days ago 'sometimes when you open your mouf you let yourself down' in his case, every time.

Mike Mason is the worst example of a bygone area of humour, (I use the term humour loosely) the mysonginistic 'jokes', 'the mother-in-law only comes out at night' when was the last time people laughed at that?? He's a Jim Davidson throwback and we all know how hysterical he was! The absolutely ridiculous comments from M&M! Mike never, ever at any time is wrong! Everything he does/says is right! Such slavish devotion is rather sinister in my opinion.......the improbable stories of his son being not afraid of the dark, but is now, is laughable! How they can continually defend the indefensible and think they are credible is beyond me!
Then we get the story of how chivalrous he is! Opening car doors for 'a lady', grabs her coat ( that made me laugh! I had visions of him doing it while she was wearing it!) this all flies in the face of the evidence! He's a thick, dragon tatted wide boy. He can't help himself. As he said only a few days ago 'sometimes when you open your mouf you let yourself down' in his case, every time.

Latest posts

Back