Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mark Gould on flogging some unknown (to me anyway) face cream at £59,99 for 30ml. Cocoage with 24k gold
Is it just me that thinks he always looks as if he needs a wash? We call him Grubby Gould
My nan would have grabbed the back of his neck and given him the 'wet flannel' treatment! It never happened to me as a child but my brother could tell a few tales!

Couple of orders I’ve returned recently non jewellery items refunded within 3 days of receipts BUT had to chase refunds for silver items - first took over a week second nearly two weeks 🤷‍♂️

My nan would have grabbed the back of his neck and given him the 'wet flannel' treatment! It never happened to me as a child but my brother could tell a few tales!
Mark full set today. Looks grubby, knackered, looks like he just got up and selling apple cider vinegar for £9.99 plus £1.99 P&P.

Amazon? £5 odd - 140 sold as I write....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503_184603_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_184603_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240503_184809.jpg
    20240503_184809.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 0
Best laugh ever at 00:20am. 9k gold turned into 18k and no gram weight shown whatsoever - lying Adi and Kim. Hilarious. £247.99 lol.

And this is even worse.... 4.2 grams of ok worth £80 or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240509_002840_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_002840_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240509_003111_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_003111_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
Mark might look like he's just wandered into the studio after half an hour of sleep and got dressed in the dark with whatever he found on his bedroom floor that doesn't stick to the walls when he throws these items at them, but he is apparently one of the channel's best selling salespeople.

I don't understand how people can take one look at him and say "Yes, I will buy overly expensive beauty goods from you". But then, many viewers allegedly believe that Peter Sherlock (the Happy Shopper Lily Savage), is a beauty guru.

Has the government been putting LSD in the UK water supply, or something?

TJC you’re making a big mistake universally not trusted after the IW debacle,of selling goods right up to the end before they went bust.
Many unhappy former customers 😱 shocking!
12 months
Hope this fraudulent company goes bust soon.

Mark might look like he's just wandered into the studio after half an hour of sleep and got dressed in the dark with whatever he found on his bedroom floor that doesn't stick to the walls when he throws these items at them, but he is apparently one of the channel's best selling salespeople.

I don't understand how people can take one look at him and say "Yes, I will buy overly expensive beauty goods from you". But then, many viewers allegedly believe that Peter Sherlock (the Happy Shopper Lily Savage), is a beauty guru.

Has the government been putting LSD in the UK water supply, or something?
I've just spilt my tea laughing at your comments, Vapid: - hilarious! :LOL: (I'm amazed that Peter Sherlock is still around - what's he an expert on at the moment? Perfume? Skin cream? Every bloomin' thing? Running his own business? He's had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra did).

I've just spilt my tea laughing at your comments, Vapid: - hilarious! :LOL: (I'm amazed that Peter Sherlock is still around - what's he an expert on at the moment? Perfume? Skin cream? Every bloomin' thing? Running his own business? He's had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra did).
Companies House never lies. LinkedIn does....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240509_161320_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_161320_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240509_161526_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_161526_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240509_161821_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_161821_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 0
I am so very sorry! I hope you didn't scald yourself 😬

I used to think that Sherlock was one of the better salespeople on the old Bid channels. He was a lot calmer then the likes of Foghorn Jacks and Peter "Just buy it!" Simon, and less smug than many other presenters. But then he started morphing into a beauty expert, and it started going to his head. Rather like the Lidl own brand bleach/Toulet Duck combo he does his hair with. Allegedly

I can't take him seriously at all. Especially when he got a stint as the rentagob for Fabulift on the last incarnation of IW, then turned up on air looking somewhat facially "different" to his usual self. And not in a good way. Cue much amused discussion on here about what he'd had done, and how it didn't exactly show the product he was promoting in a good light.

To give Sherlock his due, he did appear on here and admitted he'd made a mistake with whatever he'd had done. I can't see many other selly telly presenters doing that.

I still wouldn't buy beauty stuff off him, though 😏

Companies House never lies. LinkedIn does....
Thanks for this - methinks a very 'creative' bio.:D
I am so very sorry! I hope you didn't scald yourself 😬

I used to think that Sherlock was one of the better salespeople on the old Bid channels. He was a lot calmer then the likes of Foghorn Jacks and Peter "Just buy it!" Simon, and less smug than many other presenters. But then he started morphing into a beauty expert, and it started going to his head. Rather like the Lidl own brand bleach/Toulet Duck combo he does his hair with. Allegedly

I can't take him seriously at all. Especially when he got a stint as the rentagob for Fabulift on the last incarnation of IW, then turned up on air looking somewhat facially "different" to his usual self. And not in a good way. Cue much amused discussion on here about what he'd had done, and how it didn't exactly show the product he was promoting in a good light.

To give Sherlock his due, he did appear on here and admitted he'd made a mistake with whatever he'd had done. I can't see many other selly telly presenters doing that.

I still wouldn't buy beauty stuff off him, though 😏
The expression 'the Happy Shopper Lily Savage' won't leave my brain - so true! I keep thinking of it and laughing. :ROFLMAO:

You're right, he started off as being quite calm and informative, but quickly succumbed to an advanced case of the smirkings and shoutings and making extravagant claims disease. The cosmetic work didn't help, either, the work obviously being performed under cover of darkness and after a few (50) swift half-pints. I just couldn't buy any beauty products from anyone who had that much work done to themselves and thought it would look even vaguely natural - and I dare say it put a number of people off. When you think that he was promoted as being a skin expert, it's even more ridiculous because quite rightly people will think how could they possible rely on anything he told them.

But as you say, all credit to him for owning up to it - there aren't many presenters who would have had the guts to do that.

And this is even worse.... 4.2 grams of ok worth £80 or so.
Yeah, they do seem to have this habit of stupid pricing for items for a while. Then weeks or months later they bring it down progressively until with a voucher promo code and additional discount it eventually is priced at what you'd expect to pay in the first place. No great bargains.

My guess is it's a way to maximise profits if there's one born every minute to buy a few with a large margin and then make reasonable profit later on and clear them at the end.

Video from Instagram of the TJC warehouse operation, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah. The embed code needed editing, a lot, and turned out just needed the URL link at the beginning. Edited again to remove permalink unwanted text too now.
I have that trouble. There's a site I visit, virtually every day, and in the 'old days' I used to post photos there. Took me ages to 'pick' the correct link for it to show on the site, without linking to the place the photo was.

I have that trouble. There's a site I visit, virtually every day, and in the 'old days' I used to post photos there. Took me ages to 'pick' the correct link for it to show on the site, without linking to the place the photo was.
Yeah, it's html interpreted within an html board forum which makes it 'interesting'.

It's still not perfect as I just wanted the video, not the IG wraparound, but can't be bothered to refine the embed code further to get the media video but alone (or download vid from IG and upload it here). It'll do.

As for the warehouse, the automated robot trolley carts from geek+ are cool. I was wondering how they manage to send all the items, especially the auction items, one sold every 30secs/1minute on average, out so quickly.

Yeah, it's html interpreted within an html board forum which makes it 'interesting'.

It's still not perfect as I just wanted the video, not the IG wraparound, but can't be bothered to refine the embed code further to get the media video but alone (or download vid from IG and upload it here). It'll do.

As for the warehouse, the automated robot trolley carts from geek+ are cool. I was wondering how they manage to send all the items, especially the auction items, one sold every 30secs/1minute on average, out so quickly.
Yup, I like behind the scenes videos, even of things I don't really watch. Like soaps :p I follow folk from soaps I rarely give house room to, because of the behind the scenes they show, or what they are like off camera. Yes, I'm off-topicking, another thing I was well known for at said site.

Yup, I like behind the scenes videos, even of things I don't really watch. Like soaps :p I follow folk from soaps I rarely give house room to, because of the behind the scenes they show, or what they are like off camera. Yes, I'm off-topicking, another thing I was well known for at said site.
Well this is the Random Musings thread, which it says *I* started (?!), so you're allowed to ramble a bit! 😀

☺️🤭

Latest posts

Back