Rare gemstones

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
I really do not understand how they are selling such rare gemstones that they are so proud to have got hold of and worth thousands of pounds and they set them in silver and sell at £39.99, ie pink morganite that has been sold to the death this morning , it's supposed to be so rare from the 1911 Idar mines , so why they selling it so cheaply?

I really do not understand how they are selling such rare gemstones that they are so proud to have got hold of and worth thousands of pounds and they set them in silver and sell at £39.99, ie pink morganite that has been sold to the death this morning , it's supposed to be so rare from the 1911 Idar mines , so why they selling it so cheaply?

Lots of reasons:

a) It's barely got any colour.
b) It's irradiated - which mean the very slight bit of colour it has got wasn't there naturally (it was Goshenite that has been irradiated to give it a bit of colour).
c) It has inclusions
d) The quality of a lot of 'cheap' stones isn't the best. If you look at the facets under a loupe, some of them don't meet properly, some aren't of equal size.

Don't get me wrong - I've had some good quality stones from Gemporia over the years - but apart from the 'Cherry Blossom Morganite' that Yianni sourced for them last year (which was actually good quality, proper, pink Morganite), I wouldn't touch any of their other Morganite at all. The Zambezia 'Morganite' is closer to colourless than pink.

Don't fall for their 'rare' and 'worth thousands of pounds' nonsense. The FINEST stones sell for thousands - but not the mass-market grade stones that Gemporia sell.

As for rarity - this term in the industry annoys me. There's genuinely rare stones that are incredibly difficult to get hold of (Benitoite, Bixbite, Pezzottaite, etc) - and then there are supposedly rare stones such as Diamonds and Jadeite where they get tons of the stuff out of the ground each year. If Jadeite is so rare, how did Dave Sloth manage to get what seems to be a never ending supply on Gemporia? If Diamonds are so rare, why does almost everyone own one?

Tanzanite was supposedly 'rare' and 'close to running out' 15 years ago. Now, it's still supposedly 'rare' and 'close to running out'. When you dig a bit deeper though (no pun intended), experts (proper experts - not Gemporia's 'experts') say that there is around 40 years worth of Tanzanite in the ground. That's a LOT of 'rare' Tanzanite.

Jess Foley is currently flogging a 'Watermelon Agate' bangle - which she claims is the 'rarest of the Agates'.

Treatment: Dyed

facepalm-picard.gif

Today Jade Troth is shilling Nigerian Emerald.Call me old fashioned but I have always wanted my emeralds to be ,well, green.They may well test as emeralds but why on earth would anyone want blueish ones ?I remember these ‘emeralds’ appearing a few years ago too.

Today Jade Troth is shilling Nigerian Emerald.Call me old fashioned but I have always wanted my emeralds to be ,well, green.They may well test as emeralds but why on earth would anyone want blueish ones ?I remember these ‘emeralds’ appearing a few years ago too.
He'll be calling them "spearmint emeralds" next

I watched Lindsey this morning sell tiger's eye dyed purple and I was horrified. She kept saying how rare and difficult to source it is. Dyed tiger's eye.
She is correct, no respectable jeweller would even try to sell purple dyed tigers eye!!!!!! Where else would you find a jeweller selling so many treated stones as Gemporia do

I watched Lindsey this morning sell tiger's eye dyed purple and I was horrified. She kept saying how rare and difficult to source it is. Dyed tiger's eye.
Call me cynical, but I can't help but wonder if Gemporia's recent cornucopia of dyed opals, moonstones, lapis and now tiger's eye is to hide the fact that they're inferior stones that no sensible person would otherwise go near.

But I am sure that's not true. Gemporia presenters value truth above all else.

😏

Call me cynical, but I can't help but wonder if Gemporia's recent cornucopia of dyed opals, moonstones, lapis and now tiger's eye is to hide the fact that they're inferior stones that no sensible person would otherwise go near.

But I am sure that's not true. Gemporia presenters value truth above all else.

😏
And filled Aquamarine and filled Amazonite.

Cheaper, poorer quality stones at prices sold to us at higher than ever prices.

But they're you're friend in your living room still.........

And filled Aquamarine and filled Amazonite.

Cheaper, poorer quality stones at prices sold to us at higher than ever prices.

But they're you're friend in your living room still.........
You are such a cynic Sir😂, I trust Ellis and she was selling two GENUINE Amazonite bracelets only yesterday…

yes, they were made out of beige and snot coloured bits….but SHE SAID … it’s the real deal 😅!

Hattie's currently flogging a gold tone dyed green agate necklace for under £30.00. She's just compared it to a magnificent green agate necklace that sold at auction in 1997 for over $9,000,000.

It's like comparing a half-melted ice cube to a freshly calved Antarctic iceberg. 🥸

But it's not stopping her: Hattie's unashamedly screeching about her item's colour. Still no mention of it being dyed

Hattie's currently flogging a gold tone dyed green agate necklace for under £30.00. She's just compared it to a magnificent green agate necklace that sold at auction in 1997 for over $9,000,000.

It's like comparing a half-melted ice cube to a freshly calved Antarctic iceberg. 🥸

But it's not stopping her: Hattie's unashamedly screeching about her item's colour. Still no mention of it being dyed
Along with that dyed agate necklace they were selling a dyed agate bracelet yesterday…so much hype over the bank holiday
weekend offers coming for past two weeks! I was waiting and yet tonight “captain Harry” 🙄 pushing the same “rare” dyed agate, dyed tiger‘s eye and dyed opal in the same designs ….etc. No presenter ever mentions the fact that the stones are not naturally that colour.

I think you mentioned that if they didnt have the endless Jade continuousl, they would not have any merch to put on air, it appears to be the case! For many weeks there has been very little in terms of new collections or items.

It is all unappealing beads, nuggets and Jade!
Very hard to understand how they can keep on going with such dull merchandise of beads/nuggets that belong in a tourist shops and try to sell it by comparing it to Sotheby’s and Christie’s?

I was hoping that Steve with his come back would inject money into the business and with Sarah taking over the design end of things we will start seeing some beautiful jewellery. It’s been months and things have gone from bad to worse 😥, very confusing as to what is actually happening?

Along with that dyed agate necklace they were selling a dyed agate bracelet yesterday…so much hype over the bank holiday
weekend offers coming for past two weeks! I was waiting and yet tonight “captain Harry” 🙄 pushing the same “rare” dyed agate, dyed tiger‘s eye and dyed opal in the same designs ….etc. No presenter ever mentions the fact that the stones are not naturally that colour.

I think you mentioned that if they didnt have the endless Jade continuousl, they would not have any merch to put on air, it appears to be the case! For many weeks there has been very little in terms of new collections or items.

Very hard to understand how they can keep on going with such dull merchandise of beads/nuggets that belong in a tourist shops and try to sell it by comparing it to Sotheby’s and Christie’s?

I was hoping that Steve with his come back would inject money into the business and with Sarah taking over the design end of things we will start seeing some beautiful jewellery. It’s been months and things have gone from bad to worse 😥, very confusing as to what is actually happening?
Steve may be back but he's got no interest in the business now he's got Primal. He thinks he's Peter Pan now.

and don't forget the Primal shows in between. We had 2 hours yesterday with Poppy and we have another 2 hours today with Nick. It's becoming my channel to watch if I want something to send me to sleep (you need to turn the volume down first so the screeching from the presenters becomes a drone) :)

Steve may be back but he's got no interest in the business now he's got Primal. He thinks he's Peter Pan now.
What an apt and accurate summary of Steve 😂! Forever young 😂!

I support vitamins and adjuncts to make ppl better all the way! The Pandemic provided a lot of things to think about and address.

the NHS has issued Vit D to all people in care, but wait…only for 6 months! Which is nothing to do with Steve BTW.
There were independent studies about the favourable response in ppl with COVID who received the Vit D.

Such an easy and cheap vitamin to give out. Draw your own conclusions.

I agree that Steve showed no interest in His company that brings “gemstones to you, from the mine to you“, which is essentially their USP!

Latest posts

Back