Recommend a product to sooth imflamed skin please. :)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dunmow Dizzy after you have gently cleaned and applied something like sudocreme...once it has sunk in to the skin "seal it in" with a thin layer of vaseline overnight. The Aloe Vera version in the green tin may be even better but if not the basic blue one is fine. It will act as a barrier to keep the treating ingredients in and any germs and bacteria out, whilst soothing and moisturising at the same time. Works a treat on my kids cuts and grazes which disappear in a couple of days if I do this on the clean dry wound x

Zinc and Castor oil cream was rec'd to me by a plastic surgeon to heal major scarring on my face after a glass attack. He also rec'd piercing a vitamin E capsule and applying it lightly on the scar, then sealing it in with Vaseline for people with nut allergies (a lot of the most basic Z&C creams have peanut oil in them - I used Boots own make and it had only 4 ingredients, one of which was peanut oil. Apparently, the most basic cream with the least amount of ingredients is most easily tolerated). Zinc and vitamin E are amazing to heal the skin and zinc helps prevent infections.

These days silicone sheets are used to prevent scarring, but I always go back to the simple stuff above as my scars are virtually non-existent. It took the surgeon two hours to stitch my face up (multi-layers), and scars were expected, but I need to look very closely in a mirror to see any marks at all.

Sudocrem is also good for the odd pimple too, my kids had the odd spot in their teens, but as their skin wasn't particularly oily the usual spot remedies were too drying to the surrounding skin but Sudocrem overnight helped, also a dab of toothpaste overnight or an aspirin paste all seemed to work better then OTC creams, without upsetting the rest of their skin.

As a very sensitive skin sufferer I have had great results with this, very handy to have in for all sorts of problems, the calamine takes the heat out which is a major factor for my particular needs. Hope this helps, less than £2 too!

AQUEOUS CALAMINE CREAM 100ML
"Calamine, Zinc oxide. Relieves mild sunburn & other minor skin conditions. Symptomatic relief of milk sunburn and other minor skin conditions."

I can't use Aqueous ceream or E45 - they both irritate my skin. I've had to stop using shower gel, and body lotion. My skin is really bad following prolonged spells in hospital over the last few years & so dry.

My face isn't so sensitive & I can use C & P or Moringa, but not the same brand body cream.

The only thing that really works for me is Aveeno moisturiser. It really does soothe the skin (my legs are particularly dry) and I find I don't need to use it every day as the results last.

I use the shower oil from the same company but I don't like the texture of that too much. You also have to be careful of the shampoo you use. I started washing my hair seperately, using the shower head & leaning over the bath as I found that when I rinsed away the shampoo while having a shower was irritating my skin & making it feel dry & itchy.

If you wanted to try the Aveeno I'm fairly sure DH got me some from Sainsbury

I would say just pop a handful of oats in a cloth and use the "milk" that comes out when you soak it in water.

I would definitely recommend Liz Earle Superbalm, it is amazing heals skin very fast. That is one item I would not be without.

Maybe you should visit a dermatology clinic to find out the exact cause so as to get rid of it better. :mysmilie_59:

Definitely aloe Vera (non premium brand eg; holland and BARRATTS is organic and inexpensive), very soothing and cooling and aqueous cream(like e45 but cheaper will soothe without irritating

Thanks to everyone for all there tips. I'm so glad I asked even though it just calmed down on it's own this time. But next time I will be well equipped.

I've also bought myself a posh notebook to write down beauty tips and routines etc so that I can make the most of all the new products I've been buying. I will put a summary of your answers in there.

Seems a shame to spend all that money and then not use efficiently and fully so I want to educate myself better.

Perhaps I'll eventually be able to pass on some tips to all of you. Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
If you are in your 30's/40's/50's that is one thing, but it don't think a teenager has any need to use a Clarisonic or any such expensive Skincare products.

A simple cream cleanser with a flannel and a very simple moisturiser should suffice. Young skin has sufficient cell-turnaround and fancy cleansers, exfoliatiors and moisturisers are totally not needed and can actually harm young skin. Any beauty professional/ therapist worth their salt will tell you that. Less is definitely more in the instance of younger skins. Hopefully your teen hasn't caused any long term damage and you can move forward with a very simple yet efficient routine for him.

It's confusing because your skin different from everyone else, so maybe what works with them seems useless for you.
Anyway, just don't buy Tea Tree Oil from TheBodyShop, they never works :mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back