Refunds why so slow

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

popcorn

Registered Shopper
:headbang:Rang customer services as I had an email saying I was refunded for a DAMAGED item this was several days ago and it is still not in my account how long should it take to show up if anybody knows i would be interested told if not in account to ring back in a couple of days WHY THE EMAIL SAYS REFUNDED BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE

I am still waiting for a few refunds, several being P&P for items returned under distance selling regs:headbang: Come on QVC get you act together we should not have to keep chasing you for refunds.

Refunds can take from 3 - 5 working days to show up in one's account, following the email. This has been the case for me anyway.

Mind you, they're probably in meltdown refunding all the double debits they've taken from people's accounts, so who knows how big a challenge normal refunds will pose for them at the moment. :thinking:

Last edited:
As above, though the banks have a part to play in this too. I know for certain my credit card takes longer to register a refund and there are certain checks in place to ensure fraud isn't being committed.

I believe the banks will take their time in returning money. After all, why give you the opportunity to spend your own money :giggle:

I had occasion to test QVC, The Jewellery Channel and Gems TV on refunds recently as I had returns going to all three on the same day (not on purpose!) - 4th January.
They were posted by different methods so had variable delivery dates but the outcomes were as follows:
QVC - five items posted separately (grrrr!) by second class post. Three of the items had the money back on my card on 10th January. One was showing on 12th January, the last one on 13th January.
The Jewellery Channel - 15 items in a single package posted Special Delivery. Six of the refunds were showing on my card on 12th January, the other nine showed up on 14th January - can't quite figure out why they took two days longer!
Gems TV - 2 items posted second class recorded together in one package. Still waiting for money, though I had an email confirming refund on 19th January.
QVC definitely come out as winners of Anne's accidental refund test!

It has now been 7 DAYS since I had the email saying I was refunded which is not the case I rang this morning Friday 21 January 2011 and the person said it could take up to Monday 24 January 2011 what was the case in sending the LYING email telling me I was Refunded on the 14 when I have not are QVC making interest on the refunds by holding on to them I'm off to Consumer Advice as this company are wasting my time

Don't forget the banks like to omit the fact that they don't work weekends! The key word missing is "working". In the small print it should be there but not exactly a QVC thing as lots of companies don't make it clear. So you should exclude those days from your calculations. Yet you go overdrawn and every day is a valid day.

On Jan 5th I sent one item back to Gems by SD and one to QVC by 1st class post.

The refund from Gems was back in my account on the 14th.
smiley20.gif

I had the email from QVC saying I'd been refunded on the 15th and there's still no sign of the money in my account. :angry:

Latest posts

Back