Respect...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is a lovely tribute and demonstrates how highly regarded she was worldwide.
FcX9AuZWYAIcZ5k.jpeg

I'm just watching a Helene Berman hour with Annaliese. Again Annaliese is doing a sterling job, yes, she did give a bit of a twirl and a high kick, however I can forgive her as "fashion" is her bag, but I can honestly say she's doing a better job than Helene herself, who actually said about her brightly coloured coats they were trying to sell "Now's not the time to be wearing black" - Erm....I think you'll find that it is! What a ridiculous thing to say at a time like this, I thought she had more class. Well done Annaliese, you've outclassed Helene Berman, and that's no mean feat!

I was in Tesco's today, and in the background there was soft classical music playing. It was a joy ! and a vast improvement on the ****** awful stuff that usually assaults our ears in supermarkets.
Yes it was really nice heard it on Saturday.

I've got to go into town on Wednesday for an eye test and we are going to go into our Minster to sign the condolence book.

We have often wrote on here about how 'smartness' has gone down the pan in the country, so its been a joy to see all the chaps on tv, (QVC excepting) wearing a shirt and black tie. Of course this won't last forever and nor it should be given the occasion, but there is hope that being 'smart' hasn't completely been abandoned.

ALSO hasn't it been lovely not to have the adverts on ??? Sky, GB News and ITV must be losing a fortune in lost revenue, but we haven't missed them one bit !

This is QVC world...we could be on the verge of nuclear destruction and they'd be telling us a cozee home throw was going to make it more bearable for us.
No, no Dame F, they'd be flogging us a superking mattress to hide under. Remember "Protect & Survive" back in the 80's? They really did say that!

CC

I'm just watching a Helene Berman hour with Annaliese. Again Annaliese is doing a sterling job, yes, she did give a bit of a twirl and a high kick, however I can forgive her as "fashion" is her bag, but I can honestly say she's doing a better job than Helene herself, who actually said about her brightly coloured coats they were trying to sell "Now's not the time to be wearing black" - Erm....I think you'll find that it is! What a ridiculous thing to say at a time like this, I thought she had more class. Well done Annaliese, you've outclassed Helene Berman, and that's no mean feat!
It must have been a slip-up. Lady-like is Helen's bag. But, of course, she wants to sell her coloured coats. I wish Helene would stop referring to her customers as "she". It's confusing, because you think she is talking about a particular person.

"John Lewis, Waitrose, Homebase, WH Smith, B&Q, Primark, Sainsbury's, Argos, Aldi and Blue Diamond Garden Centres have all said that they will shut on the day.". Will Q do likewise or will they be telling us their latest TSV is what we need to make us feel better...

Even TJC presenters are wearing black as are Ideal World. It’s not too much to ask for a couple of weeks.
I agree about the loss of smartness generally. When I was working I always tried to dress smartly. I’m a social worker and we had an image of being untidy unwashed and a bit bohemian in dress.There were some like that.
I dressed smartly and the people I worked with seemed to appreciate it. You need to give people confidence. No good turning up looking like a bag lady.
If you tried to enforce a dress code now some one would probably say it’s against their human rights and sue the company.

Even TJC presenters are wearing black as are Ideal World. It’s not too much to ask for a couple of weeks.
I agree about the loss of smartness generally. When I was working I always tried to dress smartly. I’m a social worker and we had an image of being untidy unwashed and a bit bohemian in dress.There were some like that.
I dressed smartly and the people I worked with seemed to appreciate it. You need to give people confidence. No good turning up looking like a bag lady.
If you tried to enforce a dress code now some one would probably say it’s against their human rights and sue the company.

When I worked in Old Age Psychiatry, I would always refer to our out-patients as Mr or Mrs, instead of their first names, and more than once I was thanked for it. Using formal addresses is a sign of respect and 'importance' rather than the 'matey' first name. Of course some may prefer that, but in the main the more mature patients preferred the formality.

I confess to being a bit high handed when I get cold calls on the phone and they start off "Hello L..... how are you today ? " and that's where I stop them in their tracks and ask if they know me. So if they know my Christian name then they know my surname.

When I worked in Old Age Psychiatry, I would always refer to our out-patients as Mr or Mrs, instead of their first names, and more than once I was thanked for it. Using formal addresses is a sign of respect and 'importance' rather than the 'matey' first name. Of course some may prefer that, but in the main the more mature patients preferred the formality.

I confess to being a bit high handed when I get cold calls on the phone and they start off "Hello L..... how are you today ? " and that's where I stop them in their tracks and ask if they know me. So if they know my Christian name then they know my surname.
It's downright rude to be so familiar with people you don't know. I live in Italy and all women are called 'signora' which is the equivalent of missus. There are two forms of 'you' in Italian. 'Tu' is used for friends, 'lei' is used for older people or those you don't know. I'm always called Signora, without my surname. In the doctor's surgery, however, they just yell out your last name.

Latest posts

Back