reviews not always going on website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are certainly some stinkers reviewing the last Kim & co TSV-describing it as a bri-nylon nightie.
Personally I had one review disappear regarding Lola Rose necklace that I had received in a second hand condition and how I had contacted the company directly for a new pouch and box.

*tries to remember what the last Kim and Co TSV was called so she can read them!*

This has happened to me on several occasions. No matter how constructive the criticism, and certainly nothing controversial included,quite a few of my negative reviews have never been published. For this reason I am always dubious about how many stars a product has really earned!

If it's not contructive then it's not a review - just a moan.

Alan

Of course it's not. If product doesn't agree with your skin or was vastly oversold or arrived in rubbish condition then these are all valid points to make in a review of a product. I don't see what we should have to bling them up by trying to say something nice/constructive at the same time. Sometimes a product is just crap. I think if a person is ridiculius about a product and doesn't state why it's crap then fine but I don't see why we should have to sugar coat them. If QVC had faith in their products (as they suppoedly do my having a MBG) then they would let people say what they want.

It annoys me that we have to award a minimum of 1 star, even if we hate the item. I find the really negative reviews tend to be printed if they begin " I normally love this range but............", thus implying that it's a minor slip-up. I am always very happy to give a positive review, (which reminds me, I really must do a Mally one) but I do think that the negative reviews should be constructive.
There isn't a lot of point in publishing one that just says that the buyer doesn't like the item as it's not really helpful to anyone else. I certainly believe that reviews that suggest we have been mis-sold or misled should be included and much more info on the website, especially for the makeup lines.
I think if people point out that AY, for instance, says something is suitable for all skin types, when it patently isn't, then they should print a correction. Somewhere on the site should be a part where we can go and check on the ingredients as it would be unnecessarily time consuming to list them under each item, but every item should have a link to this bit.

I've seen reviews written by people who didn't even buy the product by have explained why.

I thought i would write one for the last kipling tsv - and has a huge fan,why I didn't go for it.I titled it "constructive remarks for kipling" and I wrote a very very nice review - including congratulating qvc on good price points for trying to reach out to most people and how happy I was for those who had bought it and loved it.I went to explain why didn't buy it and what I would really like.

I couldn't believe it - last night it was showing!!!!

Today,its no longer there!

all I can think is,is that if someone deems it inappropriate,its pulled off.

Very interesting Rainbowdottie, I know I keep harping on about the Centigrade coat, but it was frightful and I have thought about doing a review saying that I have had the range before which was why I bought it again only to be shocked to the core by the garment that had got through their quality control. I think I will do it and monitor the site to see if it appears

This has happened to me on several occasions. No matter how constructive the criticism, and certainly nothing controversial included,quite a few of my negative reviews have never been published. For this reason I am always dubious about how many stars a product has really earned!

I agree with this - admittelly qvc do publish negative reviews - but I wonder how many negative reviews are not published? I think as long as you not rude,polite and not mentioning price/delivery/postage and its constructive - why shouldn't it be shown?
It does make me wonder what the true star rating would be .....

I sometimes think maybe they can't store soooo many reviews - but that said - I think it shows that I've written 96? 98? reviews - and yet 90% are old and not even avialable - why don't they get rid of them and make more room so to speak.

that is my number that is on the website - I've written loads that haven't even been shown!!

There was a diamonique star that had something like 80 5 star reviews.I bought two of xmas presents.I thought it was so poor value,especially when you add postage - it looked like something you could buy from high street store Claires.I would have preffered to giv emy aunt and cousin a £25 M&S voucher each,rather than pay that for those items.Guess what the review was never shown - couldn't muck up all their high star reviews - and who elses had not been shown for that item??

Latest posts

Back