Revitalash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've used Vaseline on my lashes every night since I was 13 and it's kept them in condition, but not helped them grow.

The Careprost is the generic in Allergan's Latisse (£125 a tube last time I looked!). ADC have an excellent track record, I've used them for various bits and bobs for years, though I now buy in a group from MUA because their postage rates have more than quadrupled (even I wasn't brave enough to try it until other group members had used it with success and no ill effects). I apply very sparingly with a bent eyeliner brush (from Justbeautydirect) and have sat back and watched in wonder as my lashes have grown so much they now brush the lens on my sunglasses! It's also worked wonders filling out my brows (thank you thyroid disease!). I use very little as some had noticed a faint purplish discolouration if they applied too high on the lid. I'd also read that glaucoma sufferers had noticed their eyes darkening (wish my insipid blues would darken to a rich, chocolate brown!!) after using the drops, but have not heard of any external use causing this.

There are a large number of ladies using this in our group and I was one of the last to join, so yes, I sat back and read about their experiences and researched both the product and ADC (though, as I said, I'd used them for years anyway) for a long time before dipping my toes. I'm very pleased with the results, more so because I haven't felt ripped off by the ridiculous prices these companies have the cheek to charge (I paid £4 for the last few bottles).

Just FYI for anyone using any form of lash growth is to give it a break for a few months after maximum growth seems to have been reached. Every single person I know using them (including myself when I used to use Talika - also good, but nowhere near as good as Careprost) has come to a point where the product has run out of steam, so to speak. After a few months break where lashes have returned to normal, though, another course has done the trick.

Anyone on a budget may want to try good old castor oil first. I used this before trying the commercial products and found it thickened (rather than lengthened) my lashes and brows quite well - I had to use it for a few months before I really noticed a difference, but noticed it more when I stopped using it and my lashes/brows returned to normal. It conditioned them like nothing else, too.

Lynn - is that your dog? He's lovely :)
Hello alter ego, can I join your group to get some of these drops? And how much is the horrendous postage charge? £4 for your last few bottles sounds really good.

Last edited:
Yes, that's the one. It has gone up. Still hugely cheaper than Revitalash/Latisse, though. Especially if you buy a few items - I get several different items including Retin A which is px only over here. The eyeliner brush is nice for an extra dollar. I order through her because it works out cheaper if I order several items (postage is quite hefty direct from site). It obviously takes longer as it goes from India>USA>UK but the lack of hassle makes it worth the wait (plus no faff with customs!).

She told me that the postage to the UK will be £16 which I think is around about $25 and that is what they (ADC) charge for postage, so I'm thinking perhaps I will order myself when I'm ready. Thank you for all of the info alter ego.

She told me that the postage to the UK will be £16 which I think is around about $25 and that is what they (ADC) charge for postage, so I'm thinking perhaps I will order myself when I'm ready. Thank you for all of the info alter ego.

You're welcome. Bear in mind that ADC's security was breached a while back so use a credit card that offers a chargeback and make sure your security's up to date (another reason I order from Jenn - less hassle again). Bulk buying obviously works out cheaper - go through all their stock - you'll be amazed what you can find (google for generic>UK brands). Let me know what you decide and when you do it - maybe we can group buy here to keep postage down?

Bulk buying obviously works out cheaper - go through all their stock - you'll be amazed what you can find (google for generic>UK brands).
What products can you recommend?

Let me know what you decide and when you do it - maybe we can group buy here to keep postage down?
Great idea! I have 2 Revitalash at the moment and recon they will last me about 6 months. When do you think you will need to do your next shopping with ADC? And what is the shelf life of Careprost? Perhaps I can just buy it with you when you are ready to shop and put it on my shelf at home until I need it.

Last edited:
Perhaps just before we order from ADC we can open a thread here "Group Order Careprost (aka Revitalash)" so we can share the postage with other ladies in the UK who may be interested. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back