Richard Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Used to like watching Charlie Dimmock she used to fill in quite often on the Gardening Shows.

...Or is he trying to gain image traction on Q legend the late great Harry (Safety 1st and DIY Second) Greene?

Note to Q elf reading this post. Some viewers have long memories of quality weekend presenters and don't care for this irritating little gnome.

He clearly has a better contract than Alison Young. If you follow the logic: he's the "resident gardening expert" - but has always a presenter to do the heavy lifting, presenting-wise. Alison Young has to do the "resident beauty expert" and the presenting role.

You've started a train of thought for me: why don't they have a "resident [fill in the blanks] expert" for all their departments?

I'd rather they had a "resident DIY expert" than put up with Simon AND Biagi bellowing at us like we're a bunch of deaf idiots... Someone who has actually got some tips and advice they could give us about projects we might want to do about the home.

Howard Keel! Oh er, gorgeous man, lovely voice. Love that film, still get out the DVD and watch it from time to time.

Well, Miracle Grow hasn't done him any good has it. He clearly has a water tight contract with Q. I don't want to be unkind about his stature (but I will), but seeing a man his age and height in jeans and check shirt, he looks like an extra from 7 Brides for 7 Brothers - (film from the early 1950's.)

Oh gawd, sounds like we are all of a similar age on here !

As for having a resident DIY expert, I'm sure there used to be one when I first started watching Q. He was a youngish muscly chap with curly black hair and a really distinct first name, like Alonzo, or something like that, and he would always give DIY tips .

I met him at Marco Polo house in around 2004 when he'd brought his new born son in to show everyone. He wasn't as tall as I though he'd be but had very twinkly eyes; cute baby too.

Wonder how long it'll be before they put little Richard Jacsons name on the TSV? "Wet And Forget Richard Jackson" hmmm has a nice ring to it as well as something many of us would like to do.

QVC are spoiling us today ... hours and hours of the smarmy gnome and his sing-song spiel....Go Away!:mysmilie_10:

I am going to refrain from saying anything about the person in question because i am sure everyone knows what i think about the little gnome :mysmilie_51:

I am taking it that your thoughts about the said 'gnome' are not necessarily in a positive, how I get (assuming that I am correct) that impression from those few words I have no idea :happy:, guess I most be clairvoyant or something!

But the general conscientious seems to be that there would be thousands of people disappointed if he didn't stay (sorry I mean stayed :)

I am taking it that your thoughts about the said 'gnome' are not necessarily in a positive, how I get (assuming that I am correct) that impression from those few words I have no idea :happy:, guess I most be clairvoyant or something!

But the general conscientious seems to be that there would be thousands of people disappointed if he didn't stay (sorry I mean stayed :)

I doubt consensus has anything to do with it - sales figures on the other hand, yes.

My feeling though, as I've said before, is that he is really only promoting his own products and should therefore be treated as a guest presenter, not as a core presenter.

i think he makes them just for qvc maybe thats why he is a presenter. i think his range is grossly overpriced

i think he makes them just for qvc maybe thats why he is a presenter. i think his range is grossly overpriced

But everything is overpriced on QVC isn't it? I like Richard Jackson, I buy his products and I like his shows. I know I'm just about the only one and I dislike presenters and products that others love so hey ho. People seem to get very upset - including my own OH - that Mr Jackson is actually making money from his business. Isn't that the whole point? I know I'm only doing what I'm doing every day to make a bit of cash. My post is not meant to argue with anyone but just to say the whole point of anyone being on QVC or in any business is to make money and as we're the customers, to make money from us.

CC

Of course the object is to make money but the prices he charges for his products are outrageous if people cant see that and waste their money fine good luck with that.

Latest posts

Back