Ridiculous sales technique

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I am fed up that in every programme I watch, which is not many these days, that most items are" selling out so fast, don't miss out, get on Qcut etc etc". this happens on every programme now and I am fed with being wound up, "only 50,002 left, so hurry, it may seem a lot but with our 5o million audience it will go before the end of the programme!"

I ordered a Tula bag but when I saw the model holding it, it seemed to bulge, as did the other bags I saw, so cancelled and told the operator how tired I am of this sales technique. It cannot be honest, and you cannot now believe them when they say the stock is low. It is insulting to be conned like this.:headbang:

A case in point is the G Tech TSV. Late on in the launch show last night we were told that the red option was flying out the door and we needed to be quick if we wanted it. I've just seen it on the 10pm show - lo and behold the red option is still available but stock of the black version is very low.

Heaven knows, I'm no salesperson but you could just write the QVC scripts, couldn't you?

'This is proving very, very popular - I don't want you to miss out - you're loving the beige option - so many of you on the phones right now - Q Cut! Q Cut!'

As well as the high pitched and shrill 'Jump to the phones!' which always makes me think I should be on a pogo stick boinging my way across the living room ...

Heaven knows, I'm no salesperson but you could just write the QVC scripts, couldn't you?

'This is proving very, very popular - I don't want you to miss out - you're loving the beige option - so many of you on the phones right now - Q Cut! Q Cut!'

As well as the high pitched and shrill 'Jump to the phones!' which always makes me think I should be on a pogo stick boinging my way across the living room ...

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

A case in point is the G Tech TSV. Late on in the launch show last night we were told that the red option was flying out the door and we needed to be quick if we wanted it. I've just seen it on the 10pm show - lo and behold the red option is still available but stock of the black version is very low.

You can be sure too that the presenter always prefers the option that isnt selling well, no doubt being told in their ear piece which option to sell sell sell!!
Also I`m not interested in the presenters personl preferences or whether their son, daughter, partner, wife, mother, teacher, next door neighbour or Uncle Tom Cobley ..... I just want product information!!!!

So do you reckon the limited stock is a lie as well, as that is what makes most people who are deciding to jump to the phones, as Timkerbelle says it clearly works, very clever these marketing people, and we keep letting them do it.

Well, I was humming and haaring about buying a Gtech sweeper, back in October, on a Saturday morning and by the time I had decided to buy it, it was waitlist only. I finally cancelled the waitlist last week and bought the Twister sweeper instead luckily I am very happy with it.

A lot of people put things in their basket whilst thinking about it. I'm guilty there :sad: Very often if you go back to something that has sold out according to the presenters after about an hour its appeared again.

So do you reckon the limited stock is a lie as well, as that is what makes most people who are deciding to jump to the phones, as Timkerbelle says it clearly works, very clever these marketing people, and we keep letting them do it.

"We" on shoppingtelly.com don't.
We are the WISE - that's why we joined :cheeky:

(some though might call us cynical)

I have noticed how pushy they all are just now,mainly Debbie Flint, sales must be down for various reasons and they have all been told to sell,sell,sell.

I have noticed how pushy they all are just now,mainly Debbie Flint, sales must be down for various reasons and they have all been told to sell,sell,sell.

Debbie Flint does my head in, had to mute her the other night, I find her hard sales technique really grating. I muted her because it is all so fake not because I thought I was in danger of being persuaded to buy so in my case all that "buy it now or regret it later" shouting is conter productive to gaining sales.

Oh and when they go on about "jumping to the phones" I always get this image of a kangaroo bounding along and it makes me giggle!

Latest posts

Back