Rip off.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You are absolutely right Moth. I think the 'charm' of QVC is just being able to punch some numbers into the phone and get the item you want. it is lazy way of shopping, and I confess to doing it but am doing like you, looking on amazon, of which I am a great fan, or companies like Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals usually buy from their website unless Q have something I want on easy pay.

You are absolutely right Moth. I think the 'charm' of QVC is just being able to punch some numbers into the phone and get the item you want. it is lazy way of shopping, and I confess to doing it but am doing like you, looking on amazon, of which I am a great fan, or companies like Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals usually buy from their website unless Q have something I want on easy pay.

Also, for me anyway, is the knowledge that items bought from QVC (thinking of Beauty category items here) will be the genuine article (always!) & well in date, fresh stock (occasional tales of horror but not often!), it is fairly risk free shopping from that point of view at least.
Now I know there are other excellent sites selling the same brands but they seldom come anywhere the vfm of TSVs & similar, so I make sure I have enough to keep me going gleaned from QVC TSV & kit offerings, as I certainly wouldn't pay their prices for lone top-up items with their outrageous p&p charges on top of them charging the RRP for said item....!

I get enough 'bargains' from QVC to wipe out the sting of their postage rates but I would be tempted to try more stuff if they had a single p&p charge per order for example, so maybe it's just as well or I would be spending an awful lot more, I s'pose they're doing me a favour really....! LOL

I'm torn on this one, I agree the postal charges are outrageous and I would like to see capped postage for 2, 3 or more items and of course a reduced postage for buying more than one of something the same but in a different colourway/option but, I also like the fact that the call centre is in the uk and free and that I don't have to pay petrol and parking, or trawl around the shops to find what I want.

I use Amazone and e-bay too and as they have different overheads they can do this and provide cheaper or even a postage free service.

I must admit q have missed out on me buying a few items lately because as was said earlier, when I looked at the basket and saw the total p&p I put a few things back.

I agree with KWC there should be a better P&P system reduced rate for more than one purchase, fixed rate over a certain level etc and so when buying one item I would be very tempted to add to it. As others have said I pop an item in my basket and then have a look through last clicks and think oooh I like that, and that, and possibly that too and when you add up all the P&P I usually remove them again because the postage no longer make them such a bargain, if I order four or five things I would expect to spend £7 or £8 on delivery but not £15 or £16, never mind it's their loss !

Latest posts

Back