Rosemary Conley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

apple

Registered Shopper
I see Rosemary Conley is on QVC now. I just looked to see what was for sale, there's a book (available post free on Amazon for £4.61), the other items are available on Rosemary's site for a total of £12.98 ( a handbook for £6.99 and a measuring tape for 3.49, plus £2.50 p and p), that gives a grand total of £16.59. If you couldn't be bothered with Amazon and paid for the book on Rosemary's site it would cost £19.97 in total.

The QVC price is £25.95 inc p and p, so £6 extra minimum for the benefit of the 30 day MBG plus your return postage would add another £3-£4 on.

And guess what, it's sold out!

Last edited:
Now there is one scary woman. I hate that "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels like" slogan - being healthy & self-confident & happy is so much more important, and there are so many more factors to it than just using her products!

Now there is one scary woman. I hate that "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels like" slogan - being healthy & self-confident & happy is so much more important, and there are so many more factors to it than just using her products!

thats a quote from the anorexics website. loathsome woman! kate moss also said it.:thinking:

thats it: nothing tastes as good as skinny feesl was the origional statement!

I have a vague recollection of once hearing Rosemary Connelly say that she had not eaten cake for 10 years!!!!

I have a vague recollection of once hearing Rosemary Connelly say that she had not eaten cake for 10 years!!!!

I find her totally sanctimonious ( is that how you spell it) I read somewhere years back that she is a Bible basher as well.:dull:

I saw a bit of the programme this afternoon but it's all a bit boring, having 2 "biggest loser" women on with their cardboard cut outs when they were a size 26. It's all been done before and doesn't help people who aren't happy with their body, it just makes them more depressed in my opinion. Rosemary Conley is a 64 year old who certainly looks every bit of that age as her clothes and hairstyle are so old fashioned. Julia R was on with her, wearing a dress which was way too short and if she'd have just moved the wrong way then she would've been flashing her Spanx. Yuk.

the "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" quote was used in "Fat Friends" in a rather more ironic way.

rosemary conley is a fat woman who has slimmed herself into a position where she feels qualified to preach at the rest of us. i dread to think of the time and effort she must put into her image.

sadly she comes over as such a joyless, dried up old bag that i would not want to emulate her even if it meant dying from a cream cake overdose tomorrow.

the worst thing about it is that despite living a life of deprivation and compromise she still has a massive arse and very carty thighs. you can only change your body so much with starvation luv, and you can still have a crap body even when youre thin. i'm amazed this isnt recognised by the idiots who buy her products.

Well I haven't eaten cake for 10 minutes...so there Rosemary Conelly you joyless b*itch. Could not believe her weighing an apple on those facsist scales of hers, finding it came in at over 60 calories and bleating "but every calorie counts". Get her off...

Well I haven't eaten cake for 10 minutes...so there Rosemary Conelly you joyless b*itch. Could not believe her weighing an apple on those facsist scales of hers, finding it came in at over 60 calories and bleating "but every calorie counts". Get her off...

Those scales are a total rip off. Mine came from Lloyds Pharmacy for £14.99 :grin: In fact everything of hers on QVC yesterday was grossly overpriced & anyone foolish enough to buy her stuff should realise what a money making machine she is. Can't bear her.

Last edited:

*wipes tea off keyboard*

Oh...that's brilliant! Thanks for the giggle cherub. :rock::giggle:

I'd seriously rather be really really fat than really really self flagellating miserable and mingey.

Where's that cake tin.... :wink:

I had a quick look yesterday, the ladies just standing around looking all superior reminded me of what I imagine a Women's Institute meeting would be like , lots of back slapping going on. I didn't watch long enough to be tempted to buy anything. I have never liked RC, and JR does my head in just lately.:down:

Didn't see her yesterday but would liked to have seen what she was like in 'real life' instead if the surely must be airbrushed pics. Of course she has the great incentive to stay thin ( money) never did think she looks very good, a bit of fat at our ( she is 64, me 63) age doesn't come amiss. ( says she reading about the new weight Watchers programme--- has anyone tried!)

I have a video of RC's which was just about the right amount of exercise for me - not strenuous at all. But she seems to have been around forever - is she really early sixties? She looks haggard and moves rather stiffly too I think. I'd love to see the birth certificates of some of these birds. Tova can be top of the list.

*wipes tea off keyboard*

Oh...that's brilliant! Thanks for the giggle cherub. :rock::giggle:

I'd seriously rather be really really fat than really really self flagellating miserable and mingey.

Where's that cake tin.... :wink:

Ditto. and the tin's empty sorry, will refresh it later. And nothing, but NOTHING tastes as good as Sara Lee double chocolate gateau and a fistful of Lindors. And a latte with coconut syrup. And a Bounty. I've never seen RC and never wish to, if I want to see a varicose vein in a leotard I'll pull out me Acorn Antiques dvd.

I have a very small frame so even a few kgs show. I gained some weight, not much fun for shallow reasons such as clothes not fitting. Then I got ill and I'm thin, whoop de doo! Well it isn't a bit, I feel wretched and very run down. I have no appetite and my hair is nothing as presentable as it was. Tubby felt better than skinny and I think looked better.
I cannot abide the phrase used having seen several near death anorexics over the years, makes me shudder.

Ditto. and the tin's empty sorry, will refresh it later. And nothing, but NOTHING tastes as good as Sara Lee double chocolate gateau and a fistful of Lindors. And a latte with coconut syrup. And a Bounty. I've never seen RC and never wish to, if I want to see a varicose vein in a leotard I'll pull out me Acorn Antiques dvd.

The cake tin's always blimmin' empty in our house! Mmm Lindor!
LOL at varicose vein in a leotard! :giggle: At least Acorn Antiques would be entertaining! RC isn't.

I have a very small frame so even a few kgs show. I gained some weight, not much fun for shallow reasons such as clothes not fitting. Then I got ill and I'm thin, whoop de doo! Well it isn't a bit, I feel wretched and very run down. I have no appetite and my hair is nothing as presentable as it was. Tubby felt better than skinny and I think looked better.
I cannot abide the phrase used having seen several near death anorexics over the years, makes me shudder.

Me too chick. I associate it with the really unhealthy, highly undesirable kind of crazy.

Well, that and Kate Moss. She says it a lot too. Ooh and the woman with the face like a child and boobs like beach balls - she says it too. Whatsername...Alicia Douvall.

I hope you get back to your fighting weight soon chick. :heart: My hair goes really weird and old ladyish thinning when I lose weight. (Clearly all that cake is good for hair health!)

she had not eaten cake for 10 years!!!!

That is the most depressing thing I've heard in a long while!

Sure if you are allergic to summat in cake then don't eat it but come on woman, it's not lethal otherwise.

As my long departed and much missed "nannan" :heartbroke: used to say "yer need to eat some fat to grease yer bones"! She lived passed ninety, was skinny as a rake all her life and loved a bit o' cake. Was partial to bread n drippin' too.

There's just no need to get fanatical about it now is there?! :coffee::cake:

Gotta have cake today........it's my birthday.
:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Requested Rosemary's book and dvd from library..........please use your libraries:mysmilie_504:, otherwise they'll disappear.

Latest posts

Back