Samsung Curved UHD 4K LED TV TSV 30/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine kept coming up with the "about to switch off" message, even though I was watching something. After several attempts, I finally managed to disable this via menu options.

And when I had mine connected to the wi-fi, it was taking up a lot of my limited download quota, so I had to disconnect it. Then I found that I could no longer talk to it, eg tell it what channel to change to. It turned out that this is a function that needs the internet, it is not part of the TV itself.

I now have unlimited internet, but have not bothered to reconnect it to wi-fi, so it is not being used as a smart TV, so that part was a waste of money.

I believe that, if connected, Samsung can monitor what you are watching, etc. And even listen in to what you are saying, there was something about this on the radio.

Well, I was concerned about this too - using up my month allowance on Broadband, which was why I didn't want the Smart facility at all. However, the 'troubleshooter' (who was an ex Sky engineer) explained that the Wi-Fi was purely wireless and wouldn't cost me anything because I wasn't actually using the Broadband facility on the tv, but it was needed to get the 'updates' on the tv. I could see how this worked, because prior to being connected to Wifi, I couldn't find the Ecopower at all, despite scrolling through all the options on different menus. As soon as Wifi connected, then the Ecopower could be switched off and I have stopped the 4 hourly switch off message from appearing.

I just wanted a tele to watch, not a beast that was all singing and dancing with facilities I neither want nor use. Technology is running away with itself, and I cannot be the only reasonably intelligent mid 60's woman living on her own who finds this all too much to cope with ! I have FOUR remote controls now 1) tv 2)soundbar 3)Sky 4) dvd - God help me if I lose any of 'em !! instead of life becoming easier with all these 'gadgets' you now need an 'Ology' to figure these things out !

My friend has a 4k telly, I have a HD 3d projector, not boasting but I think my proj is a lot better!

I used to check my limited broadband usage every day, and as soon as my Samsung smart TV was connected to wi-fi the daily usage started to shoot up, so I quickly disconnected it.

I didn't expect it to be using any broadband unless I actually used it to browse, or watch YouTube etc, but it definitely did. Some of this was for updates, as I found out later.

And talking to it, even just to change channels, uses the Internet. In fact, your voice is sent away to be translated, and then the commands are sent back to the TV to be actioned, another broadband drain I didn't expect. The TV is not powerful enough for voice recognition.

Well, if mine starts using Broadband and thereby upping my monthly allowance without me using it, then I'm sending it back ! I can't be doing with it, but as I said before, the only way that the automatic message could be shut off was by switching off the Eco power that could only be found via the Wifi setting. I'm exhausted !!!!!!!

As it happens just bought a47inch panasonic tv from J Lewis with 5year guarantee comfortable in the knowledge that any problems are covered buying tvs from QVC not for me but each to their own.

We got a Sony from John Lewis mainly for price and extended guarantee they give. Get all electrical from John Lewis now

Samsung UE40JU6670 40" Curved 4K LED Smart TV with WiFi
Item Number: 506659
QVC Price: £968.00
Today's Special Value Price £799.92
P&P £9.95

An LED Smart TV boasting a 40" Ultra High Definition 4K screen with a stunning curved design to provide greater natural viewing angles, plus a powerful quad-core processor for speedy internet connection, as well as the ease of integrated Freeview HD. Discover a fantastic, immersive viewing experience with this stylish Samsung JU6670 TV that has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and incredible features.

Curved screen realism - the specially-designed 40" curved screen provides a panoramic view that wraps around you to really make you feel like you’re in the middle of the action. The Ultra High Definition screen is curved at just the right angle to provide the optimal viewing distance for your living room and it also gives you uniform and balanced viewing from all areas of the screen.

Superior picture quality - with picture quality that offers four times the detail of Full HD, the JU6670 produces stunningly bright and clear images. Thanks to PurColour technology, even the most vibrant colours blaze to life as everything shown on the screen is expressed with brighter, richer and more accurate true-to-life tones.

Endless entertainment - with a powerful quad-core processor, your Samsung Smart TV experience is lightning fast so you can take advantage of all the latest apps, a full web browser, plus streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video. The new Smart Hub provides instant access to your favourite content through your TV, cleverly organising this for you into five easy-to-navigate panels.

No set-top box needed - the integrated Freeview HD lets you watch a huge selection of free digital TV and radio channels, as well as a variety of HD broadcasts such as BBC HD and Channel 4 HD without the need for an extra set-top box.

More than just a TV - the innovative design of the Samsung JU6670 breaks the boundaries of TV design. It reflects the shape and characteristics of an arch, using a smart metallic frame and metal stand, which come together to create a masterpiece in your room.

Samsung Easy Sharing - if you have one of the latest Samsung smartphones, you can easily share content to your Samsung Smart TV. Whether it’s a funny viral clip, your favourite song or a video message from a loved one, simply open the Screen Mirroring function on your phone and it will automatically recognise your TV when in range so it plays through the big screen.

Crisp, clear picture quality that’s breathtakingly life-like
Auto Depth Enhancer creates further immersive multi-dimensional pictures
Integrated apps mean you can use catch-up services including BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and Demand 5 directly through the television
Micro Dimming Pro precisely controls the contrast levels to optimise light and dark areas and really bring images to life

What's in the box?

Samsung UE40JU6670 40" TV
Remote control and batteries
User guide
Power cable

Technical specifications:

Display: curved 40" LED 4K (Ultra HD); 3840 x 2160p resolution
Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Studio Sound, DTS Premium Sound 5.1
Speaker output: 2 x 10W (RMS)
Tuner: Freeview HD
Power source: mains electrical three-pin plug
Connectivity: Wi-Fi
Features: Smart Hub, S-Recommendation, Freeview HD, smart remote, quad-core processor and Samsung Easy Sharing screen mirroring
Weight: 9kg (including stand)
Smart TV (l x w x d): 92cm x 60cm x 28cm (42.6" x 27.3" x 4.2")

Input/ output:

3 x USB 2.0
4 x HDMI
1 x Ethernet
1 x composite
1 x digital audio out (optical)

Behind the brand
Samsung Electronics leads the global market in high-tech electronics manufacturing and digital media. Through innovative, reliable products and services; talented people; a responsible approach to business and global citizenship, Samsung is taking the world in imaginative new directions.

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK mainland only.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.506659

Oh my oh my, what a pointless TV

Curved and 4k on a 40" tv is totally pointless and at £800 its overpriced

You can see the difference with 4k if you watch about 4ft from the screen but who the heck wants to damage their eyes doing that from normal viewing distance you will be hard pushed to tell the difference with a well set up 1080p tv and there is not enough 4k to watch and wont be for some time.

Oh my oh my, what a pointless TV

Curved and 4k on a 40" tv is totally pointless and at £800 its overpriced

Yes, 40 inches is almost considered small these days, so would be hard pressed to see the difference.

It would make more difference in larger screens, eg 55 or 60 inch and above.

And it is not 3D either.

Heard DFlint say there is plenty 4k content to watch quite the reverse misleading selling IMHO

According o one of the articles, these TV's should NOT even be called 4K as it is untrue, they are actually 3840. Digital cinemas are 4K, not TV's.

There is not even a common standard for TV's, a bit like Betamax/vhs all over again.

According o one of the articles, these TV's should NOT even be called 4K as it is untrue, they are actually 3840. Digital cinemas are 4K, not TV's.

There is not even a common standard for TV's, a bit like Betamax/vhs all over again.

So the early adopters could well have their fingers burnt, and end up with an expensive white elephant to dispose of?

I'm not seeing anything appealing about this technology at this stage. Mind you, I tend to be late to any kind of new tech... I still don't use a smartphone.

Nor me ! (I bought a granny one with big numbers off Q !!) . I was also a Betamax gal ! I still struggle using the dvd player, and don't get me started on trying to reset the timer on the c/heating, microwave and cooker !!!

He said you could watch your VHS tapes on it, and it would upscale them.

Unfortunately, it does not have a SCART socket so you would NOT be able to connect a VHS player.

Latest posts

Back