Sara Gee on the L'Occitane show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Come on, put me out of my misery......didn't anyone say the look was "bang on trend" and then mention some brainpower:mysmilie_13:-challenged Sleb who is currently walking around dressed in the same?:mysmilie_19:

Listen, if I was paid what they're being paid, I could manage prima donna, obnoxious (easily) and badly dressed. But no way on earth would I do the sausage roll look or the inches-above-the-knees look. That way disaster lies.

Below each post is a light blue bar, it will say Thank For This Post with a smile face then a hand with thumbs up Like This Post. Click one or the other, don't have to wait as far as I know.

Thank you. Haven't succeeded yet though but I'll keep trying.

I am watching the NV show at 5pm.Oh my god Julia Please Please wear clothes that fit you .That dress is so tight across the belly and hips. Not a good look. If you were younger you'd think she was pregnant.

Julia was quick to point out that she was wearing a size small! I am getting very bored with her. At one point she also posed as Veronica Lake.

I think years back when Leighton Denny named a nail polish for her he nailed it (so to speak)... the colour? All About Me, of course!

Julia is only 3 or 4 years from being 60 (don't worry, we'll ALL get to know well in advance), but despite her Pilates work outs she has the curse of the older woman - the expanding belly ! but she doesn't seem to realise it looks a whole lot worse from side on or sitting down. I can look straight into a full length mirror and think "hmmm aint so bad", then I turn sideways and bejesus I look the size of a whale around the belly and bum.

I saw Julia in that redish dress yesterday and agree it was not a good look far too small and made her look enormous. She obviously thinks in her own mind she is a tiny wee thing. Heard her one day talking about her large dancer calves and the presenter from Emu looked at her as if to say what large calves but with a flick of her hair she assured her she had large legs. Her daughter or partner should have a quiet word with her. I'm sure you can tell I am not a fan.:mysmilie_10:

I've only recently registered to this site as I enjoy reading but wanted to be able to "like" posts as well. I still haven't figured out how to do this, or do I need to have been a member for longer before I can like things?

Hi and welcome grannygarden! :mysmilie_3:

Julia is only 3 or 4 years from being 60 (don't worry, we'll ALL get to know well in advance), but despite her Pilates work outs she has the curse of the older woman - the expanding belly ! but she doesn't seem to realise it looks a whole lot worse from side on or sitting down. I can look straight into a full length mirror and think "hmmm aint so bad", then I turn sideways and bejesus I look the size of a whale around the belly and bum.
Totally agree Brissles. I have the same expanding belly. Hysterectomy and medication don't help either lol. But I am very aware of it and try to camoflage it best as possible. I could never wear something as tight as that.I try to avoid cling materials.As you say looks ok from fron but sideways Omg.

I was and still am sympathetic to Julia or anyone who's had health problems recently, but she does need to take a reality check and tone down the image she presents.

I saw Julia in that redish dress yesterday and agree it was not a good look far too small and made her look enormous. She obviously thinks in her own mind she is a tiny wee thing. Heard her one day talking about her large dancer calves and the presenter from Emu looked at her as if to say what large calves but with a flick of her hair she assured her she had large legs. Her daughter or partner should have a quiet word with her. I'm sure you can tell I am not a fan.:mysmilie_10:
That reminds me of a recent show (jewellery I think) where she kept saying she had an "athletic neck" I'm not entirely sure what she was trying to say but on anyone else it would be described as a bit of a thick neck!!

brissles, she is so full of herself I don't think it would occur to her for a moment to check her appearance from all angles. And anyone who can claim "I'm wearing the medium (or "the small")" when her flesh is plainly straining to gain its freedom is apparently too deluded to even consider the possibility that she might look a state. I've seen and heard her do/say this so many times, and I only channel flick.

And the stupid thing is she is a decent looking woman (ie doesn't need to wear a bag over her head) with good skin and a full head of hair, and hasn't any more of a muffin top than most of us so why the hell is she in denial. The size on a label is only a number - wear what fits you not what bleeding size you would like to be.

Personally I find that as she gets older she gets more daft, all that girly swishing and wearing clothes which don't suit her.

Julia, most of us in our fifties and sixties (ie middle-aged to elderly) tone down our dress. We're not frumpy, we just know what we can and can't get away with. We don't go in for the sausage roll look, we don't flick our hair, preen or make snippy remarks like "only joking" when we patently weren't when we said whatever, nor do we do any of the other girlie things you think you can get away with. You can't. Live with it and stop trying to act 30 years younger. You're a good-looking woman but a young woman who models swimsuits you aren't any more. You need a stylist - and not someone from the Q.

Latest posts

Back