Sara Griffiths will be in trouble

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jaffs

Registered Shopper
Sara was on the Lori Greiner hour and ordered herself the pack of three perfume atomisers and showed her IPad screen to prove it which obviously showed her 20% staff discount. The producers will definitely not be happy about that.

Ha Ha, hope she gets boll0ckd for that TBH.

These presenters get on my nerves ordering whilst presenting a show. If they were sufficiently prepared for the show, they could order before they go on air. While they are on air, they are IMO at work and should be ordering goods in their own time.

What's lost on staff discount is more than made up on the p&p we all pay so it's win-win all the way to the bank. Someone else's bank, that is.

I think that any presenter using an IPad on air should be given a rollicking, unless it's to read a review or answer a specific question about the product that is on air. I'm fed up to the back teeth of having to endure sycophantic tweets and banal rubbish about how many millions of handbags a viewer has got. It's irrelevant.

That's one of the main reasons I don't watch QVC much any more. The fixation with tweets detracts from what they're paid to do ............. present to customers.

I'll fess up .......... I emailed the CEO a while ago about the inappropriate use of iPads during the shows. I got an almost instant phone call and was told that it would be raised in the next meeting. Obviously, the presenters didn't get the minutes to that meeting.

Perhaps she should have been more careful, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would really be either shocked at staff getting a discount (fairly standard in retail, surely?) or disgruntled about it. Lots of people get discounts where they work, personally I don't begrudge them at all.

We work a hell of a lot harder, both mentally and physically, than they do, and we don't get 20%. If it was up to our customers, we would. I don't think QV shoppers would say the same, somehow!

She is always ordering when presenting, I think its a sales ploy to get people to order, it must be good if Sarah is ordering:mysmilie_10:

Perhaps its to increase sales during her own hour as so many see that shes presenting and switch straight off :mysmilie_59:

Sara was on the Lori Greiner hour and ordered herself the pack of three perfume atomisers and showed her IPad screen to prove it which obviously showed her 20% staff discount. The producers will definitely not be happy about that.

Stupid woman

If this type if thing doesn't warrant a disciplinary talk then what the heck must DG and JB have done?

Stupid me, - everyone working in management at Q towers is still in short pants so see nothing wrong with using working hours to do personal shopping. Surprised we aren't interrupting their social life by having the nerve to expect them to actually present the shows.

Many moons ago I worked for BHS and staff got 20% discount on everything but no way would we have been allowed to buy during working hours nor pay in front of other customers. We had to wait until either the end of our shift or when the shop doors closed and then pay at one specified till with a Manager present. The Manager watched that the correct money exchanged hands or the correct card payment went through, then signed the receipt and we then had to leave the store straightaway, hence only being allowed to buy at the end of your shift.

I'm certain that the presenters have been told it's ok to buy stuff or they wouldn't keep doing it. It's just another sales ploy. It is pretty annoying when they do it as they could buy the item any time before they go on air. The discount is a perk of the job along with freebies.

It's part of the act/performance, I'm sure most of the presenters have an on air persona which is probably in some cases quite different to their real self. Most of them have an acting background afterall don't they?

I don't see anything wrong with shopping during work hours. Since the onset of the internet and smart phones, everyone is at it all day! If they're not on social media that it. Times have changed ladies. Even the managers are online doing shopping, booking holidays - whatever. At the end of the day, as long as the work is done, what's the problem? When I was in management I was frustratingly micro-managed; he didn't like anyone using the internet, not even in their break. My argument was the day that the quality and/or quantity of work dropped below what I found unacceptable, I would ban it myself.

Discount is a perk of working for a retail company. Do we really begrudge people it?

20% is good. I bet they earn loads too and get load of freebies / samples etc! Perhaps naughty Sara can get a discount off a product to tame those 2 slugs, I mean eyebrows, above her eyes?!

Latest posts

Back