Sara Griffiths will be in trouble

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't see anything wrong with shopping during work hours. Since the onset of the internet and smart phones, everyone is at it all day! If they're not on social media that it. Times have changed ladies. Even the managers are online doing shopping, booking holidays - whatever. At the end of the day, as long as the work is done, what's the problem? When I was in management I was frustratingly micro-managed; he didn't like anyone using the internet, not even in their break. My argument was the day that the quality and/or quantity of work dropped below what I found unacceptable, I would ban it myself.
Discount is a perk of working for a retail company. Do we really begrudge people it?

I work in a profession which charges my time out in 15 min increments - somehow I don't think clients would be too pleased that they were paying for me to do my personal shopping or social networking. Tea breaks and lunch times are reserved for that and personally I feel I would be stealing work time if I did otherwise. Perhaps more work and less farting about would have our country in a better economic state than it is.

What happened with the Joan Collins auction?

There was a breach of the rules so it was cancelled

Debbie flints friend had someone buy if for her ( i wonder who ;) ) and as that breached the Ts &Cs it was cancelled, Disgusting if you ask me!!

I have no problem with staff getting a discount - good for them. There are so few perks in today's job market conditions, and most of us are working so much harder for not much more pay, so anything extra is great. I do not get a discount or a bonus but don't begrudge anyone else getting one. However, ordering on air is unprofessional IMHO.

I'm quite lucky I suppose, as our staff discount is we can buy anything at cost price. The only condition is that we must pay in cash, as credit/debit cards charge a percentage to be processed and as the company are letting us buy at cost, that seems fair to me.

There was a breach of the rules so it was cancelled

Debbie flints friend had someone buy if for her ( i wonder who ;) ) and as that breached the Ts &Cs it was cancelled, Disgusting if you ask me!!

A £2,000 donation would have restored some credibility. Disgraceful.

It does reek of "look at me I am buying it and I am a presenter so if it's good enough for me you plebs will lap it up" imho.

I have no problem with their getting a 20% price reduction for being an employee of QVC, but I do know that if I were to order something, while I was supposed to working, then I'd probably get my P45. Mind you, I'm not in retail.

It's part of the act/performance, I'm sure most of the presenters have an on air persona which is probably in some cases quite different to their real self. Most of them have an acting background afterall don't they?

Yes Sara Griffiths!

Years ago I had a temporary job in Argos, we had discount and I purchased a number of things.

We also had LV's which came in very handy, there was a lovely Deli in the main shopping centre...didn't help my waistline tho' :mysmilie_5:

It does reek of "look at me I am buying it and I am a presenter so if it's good enough for me you plebs will lap it up" imho.

That's how I see it, just a sales ploy. I'm sure QVC management wouldn't allow on air purchasing like this if they had a problem with it.

That's how I see it, just a sales ploy. I'm sure QVC management wouldn't allow on air purchasing like this if they had a problem with it.

If the tap the app is as quick as they say it is, then management probably wouldn't notice. Whoooooshhhhhhhhh .............. and it's sold. :wink:

I just don't like the constant faffing about with iPads on air, whether it's for ordering or for reading out irrelevant tweets. In my opinion, it's unprofessional. The only shows I watch now are when the iPad isn't the most prominent item on screen. As soon as the tweeting starts I switch channels. I've saved pounds :mysmilie_14: and they've missed out on a sale.

Latest posts

Back