Sbc tsv 10/4/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dippy One

Guest Shopper
Just seen this post from someone on QVC's Facebook page "OMG - SBC TSV April 10th, will feature a LITRE collagen gel, Summer fruits gel, summerfruits handwash, warming arnica gel, and some other collagen stuff FOR UNDER £30!!! And the litre size is worth over 50 quid!!!! X"

Some of those people on QVC's Facebook page don't get out much, do they?

I am intrigued... I can imagine summer fruits handwash - but what would the gel be used for? Never heard of summer fruits gel.

How much collagen do they think we need. I wish they would d a different gel each tsv rather than just switch between collagen and arnica...I think I still have enough for the next two years of each, even though I'm now giving them to my mother and friends.

What happened to the lavender gel... haven't seen that in ages

The summer fruits face/body gel and shower gel were both in the last TSV which I bought. That had the warming arnica gel in it as well. The next TSV sounds very similar to the last one.

The summer fruits smell very nice, the gel itself is for dry, flakey skin on face and body.

I will use the shower gel, but I will probs sell the face gel on ebay as I really don't want it.

Some of those people on QVC's Facebook page don't get out much, do they?

There's some of us on here who'd like to get out a lot more too please.

Do you think Graham has funds for a Summer coach Shopping Telly trip to Graham's and the home of QVC's Lawn Magic Crown Green Bowling Blackpool ?

:sun:

Aren't all the SBC gels basically the same apart from the hideous artificial colours and scents? It seems the main ingredients are always water, alcohol and glycerine. The glycerine is moisturising, but is an incredibly cheap ingredient, available neat from any pharmacy, and as for the rest of the 'special' ingredients... are they present in sufficient quantities to have any beneficial effect at all?

Oh flipping eck. My post *6, I am talking about the Superfruits raspberry and cranberry, Now I have just noticed everyone else is talking summer fruits. Sorry folks, must have been half asleep when I wrote my post.

Just wanted to let all you SBC ladies know they have a variety of bottles of SBC stuff in TKMaxx at the moment.

Aren't all the SBC gels basically the same apart from the hideous artificial colours and scents? It seems the main ingredients are always water, alcohol and glycerine. The glycerine is moisturising, but is an incredibly cheap ingredient, available neat from any pharmacy, and as for the rest of the 'special' ingredients... are they present in sufficient quantities to have any beneficial effect at all?

YES and fab first post, well done!!

Like a sucker I was lured into the hard sell too, I've got bottles of the stuff just sitting unopened because they make absolutely no difference whatsoever to my skin. Just the same stuff with different colours and smells! IMO!

I bought a bottle of the collagen gel a couple of years ago from fleabay because the colour matched my bedroom walls. There was so much alcohol in it, I could have got the same effect and cheaper if I'd swabbed my face with Gordon's Gin (which lives in the dining room because it matches my green curtains).

I bought a bottle of the collagen gel a couple of years ago from fleabay because the colour matched my bedroom walls. There was so much alcohol in it, I could have got the same effect and cheaper if I'd swabbed my face with Gordon's Gin (which lives in the dining room because it matches my green curtains).

Blimey what colour is your downstairs loo?! :cheeky:

Sounds like I am in the minority re SBC. I posted previously that we had massive results mixing the Aloe Vera gel and the Propolis for my sons acne riddled skin (or he did). We had tried so many things and nothing touched it. This really worked but it took quite a while. He still uses it twice a day and his confidence is transformed. On the other side of the coin, I too was suckered into buying the Collagen gel (many times) like so many others. No benefits as far as I could see. AY and her runaway gob raves about the plumping and firming benefits. I should invite her round and show her the only plump thing on me is my jelly belly.

Propolis and Aloe Vera are both brilliant products but there are really good things on the market (my mom sells LR products in GER so I get all my stuff from her for free) but at least for me the alcohol in gels, especially Aloe Vera gels, often ruins any of the good effect the stuff has. I also somehow doubt the concentration is very high.

If you're looking for Aloe Vera at good concentrates then Holland and Barrett "on the dreaded high street" sell 200ml tubes of 99.9% Organic Aloe Vera Gel for about a fiver. They're usually on offer, too, a couple of times a year for about £2.99 for stock piling. It's great stuff ... and no bright green colouring in the gel.

Latest posts

Back