SBC Ultrasun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry may have been already discussed but just saw ex SBC lady now promoting Ultrasun, is she now a BA for Ultrasun?
I saw her too and hadn’t noticed or registered her moving either.

I always liked Adele (I think?) on SBC but ultra sun bores me to tears regardless of who’s presenting, sadly.

Interesting she was in her own clothes (nice dress!) and not her beauty therapist uniform though?

Speaking of which, Ali Young does spout such absolute nonsense!
Am trying to recall how she worded it but she kept referring to herself as a beauty professional in the wee bit of Australian BC show I saw at midnight.
Only she didn’t say it that simply but said it in a really convoluted and inarticulate way which made no sense (but like me then!)
She also then called the BA similar...

I’d love to know what are professional qualifications are...
And not just experience with a couple of brands from many decades ago...

I saw her too and hadn’t noticed or registered her moving either.

I always liked Adele (I think?) on SBC but ultra sun bores me to tears regardless of who’s presenting, sadly.

Interesting she was in her own clothes (nice dress!) and not her beauty therapist uniform though?

Speaking of which, Ali Young does spout such absolute nonsense!
Am trying to recall how she worded it but she kept referring to herself as a beauty professional in the wee bit of Australian BC show I saw at midnight.
Only she didn’t say it that simply but said it in a really convoluted and inarticulate way which made no sense (but like me then!)
She also then called the BA similar...

I’d love to know what are professional qualifications are...
And not just experience with a couple of brands from many decades ago...
I think she did the old course. BABTAC ? Old school, but a good course.

...Having said that, it's not difficult at all.

Her continued assertion about her status reminds me of a remark made by a male colleague in our office decades ago. The Manager was 'giving out' about what escapes me, but then he said " don't forget I AM the Manager", and my colleague said "yes, and don't we ****** know it " , - those of us in the office just dissolved into stifled laughter. We thought the Manager would self-combust by the colour of his face. Priceless.

I think she did the old course. BABTAC ? Old school, but a good course.

...Having said that, it's not difficult at all.
Sure she was qualified to do her job well back in the day?
As are many beauty therapists doing day to day work with clients...

But Alison hasn’t been in front of a client for decades, and basic qualification does not make her an expert.

She obviously knows a lot of products from her work at QVC but I’ve never once heard her say anything I found useful or interesting.
And I just cannot bear her constant assertions about her status - which she usually fits in as non-sequiturs and it makes me feel embarrassed (she clearly doesn’t care and believes her own hype!)

[Sorry in bad mood didn’t sleep Weds to Sunday and little things are really getting to me!! 😉]

Alison Young is continually boasting about her expertise and decades of experience treating royalty and celebrities. People who genuinely have that / do those things don't need to shout about it. Just my opinion of course. Ultrasun promised so much and sadly, being a polar bear, I still burned whilst using it. Overpriced and no better than other cheaper products, you do have to top it up regularly and it works out rather a dear-do. Abu Cleeve also irritates me with her school mistress delivery. I wasn't awareAdele had left SBC. I always liked her but I didn't buy her gloop as I don't like a gel tezture, I get on better with creams. I always fancied the Arnica but because it is a gel, I never bothered and I use a cream from the health food shop. It's a tad expensive but it works well on the old bruises, I am always banging my elbows on equipment at work, especially when we have to recuss a patient and you have to get stuff moved pronto. I never know I have done it at the time, adrenaline kicks in but I feel it the next day!

Latest posts

Back