Scented Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I’ve fallen out of love with Yankee Candles. Weak fragrances, tunnelling even when burned for hours and black smoke around the rim and even 😱😱😱on the wall behind.

I’m looking for recommendations for a decent range please. Not necessarily from QVC. Reasonable budget but not Jo Malone prices.

Thank you.

I’ve never tried them because I still have a massive stash of Yankees, but have you looked at Goose Creek or Village candles? They seem to be in the YC neck of the woods for fragrances and (earlier) price. I plan to look at these when my stash runs out because the new versions of YC are too dear for me now, not having the burn time of the old house warmers.

Also, Card Factory has some Yankee Home Inspirations jars for £14. Remember when Steven used to sell thise sort of bin end candles, were they called Signature? About half the price but just as good imho. I’ve never used a Home Inspiration one but think people have commented favourably.

Prices do lovely candles, I always find them in TKMaxx.

Boy Smells use bee wax and soya which gives a slower lower burn. So, less or not black smoke. Great throw, but they are expensive.

The crème de la crème are Diptyque a French brand going from the early 1960s expensive but gorgeous and a treat which you buy.

I have never been a fan of Yankee, and a few bought for me over the years. Loads of black smoke, synthetic fragrances.

I’ve fallen out of love with Yankee Candles. Weak fragrances, tunnelling even when burned for hours and black smoke around the rim and even 😱😱😱on the wall behind.

I’m looking for recommendations for a decent range please. Not necessarily from QVC. Reasonable budget but not Jo Malone prices.

Thank you.
Harry Slatkin are nice just look out for discounts on QVC. Sometimes I have bought candles for £12.00 each.

Latest posts

Back