Shopping channel funnies!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's things like this that remind me why I enjoy watching the shopping channels so much

Quacker Factory hour....Blue velour tracksuit..........Very "Kate Middleton" isn't it?.....er no love!

What's the silliest statement you've heard a presenter or guest say?

Same show, Carmel: "The mandarin collared top is very Oriental isn't it?"

In the run up to Christmas I heard one presenter say - this will useful as an emergency present!!

Earlier this year it was a rather large birthday of mine and not only did my brother not post me a card, but he rang me up to go and collect it and have a Barbie and drinkies with the family. When I got there, his wife/my nieces were nowhere to be seen, he poured me a solitary drink (no food) and then proceeded to look at his phone all the time. Bored, I decided to go....at which point he opens the cupboard and gave me what he called an "Anytime Present".

How I didn't stick it where the sun don't shine, I don't know. :angry:

I was sooooo angry as the year before I'd bought my sis in law (his wifey) a lovely necklace!

Emrgency presents? Yeah if I get another one I swear someone will have to call 999 :envy:

I hope that the next time your brother or his wife expect presents from you Lottie, you're off pampering yourself or if you DO have to give a present, make it something simple.

Like a carton of milk. Or a box of plasters.

Maybe then they'll get the hint :nod:

I've decided I'll be washing my hair next time they decide to invite me over for one of their important birthdays!
267228.gif

We did have a nice Christmas day with them though, so I suppose I can't fall out with them completely
692545.gif

(((((lottie)))))!! i honestly thought that was buildng up to a surprise party or something! i'm really sorry that happened and i can empathise because my brother wouldn't even bother with that.

Thanks for all those, again reminding me why I spend so much of my spare time with the old shopping telly channels on the box. There's almost no scenario that doesn't merit a shopping channel product...Dog stuck down a well? The grip on these gloves would be ideal, and they look smart too, so no need to look frumpy whilst you're pulling her out! Going into hospital? Don't forget how badly it dries your skin out..there's a product or two....well hundreds for that! Emergency gifts, kids at uni, there's teachers, postmen, window cleaners, leaflet distributors to buy for. Jewellery that emulates the crown jewels...purple is very regal you know, and a certain blue that's Kate Middleton all over despite whether it's fashioned into dusters or bog brushes. We need to thank them for educating us in things us simple folk knew nothing about...jewellery wardrobes, capsule wardrobes, beauty regimes, fragrance layering. The high street is full of germs, hidden costs (unlike p&p and phone charges of course) Supermarkets are particularly evil, make your own food....even water!

Keep 'em coming folks..I'm sure I've forgotten loads!

This forum gives me more laughs than the channel itself....!

I have enjoyed

A) reading the disappointed reviews on the most ridiculous tsv's eg the lori griener jewellery holder/ giant plastic mirror shouting 'I told you so.....'
B) watching Jill franks gt into a muddle with all the little white lies she drops us!

Kim Mentalson telling us breathily how her fabrics skim and flatter the body... then the models sashay on displaying body parts that should only be seen by a Gynaecologist.

Joyourplusizemodel (is that her name) squashed into dresses that make her look like her exocet breasts are going to choke her!

Artscape fashion..trades description surely???!!!

I love the fact that the acrylic/poly horrors are sold on the basis of their ability to travel well, while anything made with natural fibres enables the body to "breathe".

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I like clothes that won't leave me hot, sweaty and uncomfortable no matter how crumpled they might get; so if La Meddlesome decides to move into menswear, she won't have a customer here.

The Irish bird this morning on Kipling was referring to all blues (sky blue and royal blue) as teal!

"You could use this as an evening bag." - referring to the bit of tat a beauty TSV comes in.

The Thornton's woman made me laugh recently. She was talking about a quiet pricey box of chocs and said you could keep them in the cupboard should some unexpected visitors turn up at you house, out of the blue over the festive period and you just want to give them a present when they're leaving to say - "You know what, I'm so glad you called." Personally I tend to mute the TV and keep quiet until they give up ringing the doorbell and drive off, should such individuals decide to call on me at Christmas.

"You could use this as an evening bag." - referring to the bit of tat a beauty TSV comes in.

The Thornton's woman made me laugh recently. She was talking about a quiet pricey box of chocs and said you could keep them in the cupboard should some unexpected visitors turn up at you house, out of the blue over the festive period and you just want to give them a present when they're leaving to say - "You know what, I'm so glad you called." Personally I tend to mute the TV and keep quiet until they give up ringing the doorbell and drive off, should such individuals decide to call on me at Christmas.

What! No hiding behind the sofa?

yep, that's always a good 'un.....Like we're all so desparate that we need to use a make up bag as a handbag....they kind of forget that any evening bag worth its salt has a little compartment to keep your money/cards etc secure! some even have a wrist strap too.

The other thing they're keen on doing is flogging us a highly priced gift set, and then suggest that we break it up into multiple gifts .... give a nail varnish to your cousin, another one to your sister, a lipstick to your auntie Jane, keep the perfume for yourself and give the empty box to your mother in law! Silly sods!

Latest posts

Back