Shopping Telly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MsTrouble

Registered Shopper
Something that I have often wondered is how did you get to know about this forum?

I jumped to the tinternet when AY mentioned it yuurs ago in one of her many beauty shows which were a bit like NN, different name same stuff! In the Salon with Alison and Beauty Workshop (where she tells the models off!) anyway I digress.....

She mentioned something about Shopping Telly forum (can't recall the details) and that is how I discovered this fun and informative site! :nod:

How did everyone else come across this magical land? :happy:

Something that I have often wondered is how did you get to know about this forum?

I jumped to the tinternet when AY mentioned it yuurs ago in one of her many beauty shows which were a bit like NN, different name same stuff! In the Salon with Alison and Beauty Workshop (where she tells the models off!) anyway I digress.....

She mentioned something about Shopping Telly forum (can't recall the details) and that is how I discovered this fun and informative site! :nod:

I Googled a question about a beauty product and wanted reviews. This site came up with a ST forumite's answer, as it appeared on these pages and a beautiful friendship was born. Hi everybody :wave: I joined a couple of months later after reading side splitting and heartbreaking threads in equal measure.

I googled QVC forum. Being ever so slightly teed off at QVC I wondered if others felt like me & they too spent many a happy hour shouting obscenities at their TV.:giggle:

I got in the habit of looking for online reviews of stuff put forward as "miracle" products on shopping presentations while I was off work with depression - I blame the Prozac.

Through Google I found this site. I lurked for a bit, enjoyed what I was reading so joined :grin:

I googled to find out why Molton Brown had left qvc and ended up here.

Since then I have repeatedly farted and I'd like to thank you all for helping cure my qvc addiction.

I googled to find out why Molton Brown had left qvc and ended up here.

Since then I have repeatedly farted and I'd like to thank you all for helping cure my qvc addiction.

Explains why you're woozy: you need to open a window or two :giggle:

Great thread MsTrouble!

As I occasionally visit QVC US, one day I stumbled across a reference to the Ojon divorce, on their forum (is that why Sylvana disappeared without goodbye???!, I see...). Anyway, that particular thread didn't have much info so I googled the divorce and guess where I found all the gossip?! Correct...Long live ST forum!

As the say goes: 'They can run, but they can't hide':bandit:....watch out QVC, ST forum behind your back! He, he,he.:giggle:

Last edited:
julian ballantyne mentioned it yurrs ago, in the days when presenters were allowed to go "off message" occasionally (it doesnt happen these days)

turned out to be one of the very few usefull remarks that he's ever uttered.

my daughter told me about it - I think she heard about it from colleagues at work - I lurked and laughed and eventually joined when someone asked a question about a product and I knew the answer...it's great fun, I thank you all...:clapping: !

I was googling a product for a review and this forum came up. I read it and nearly fell of my chair laughing at some of the posts whilst screaming "I agree"
I lurked for a while and then joined.

julian ballantyne mentioned it yurrs ago, in the days when presenters were allowed to go "off message" occasionally (it doesnt happen these days)

turned out to be one of the very few usefull remarks that he's ever uttered.

He mentioned you once as well, if i remember correctly.

I wondered what had happened to Lee from Philosophy & when I googled it brought up a thread from here about him.

Had a really good laugh over a lot of the threads on here & decided to join.

I was in the middle of lodging a complaint about Ideal World - googled 'Ideal World+Complaints' and whadddya know this site came up with tons of useful information from people and lots of threads from people in a similar situation to me. That was about 6 years ago...my how things don't change...:bandit:

I also googled about a product info and this came up amongst it. HAd a few laughs before I posted. But its been fun so far with a few smirches as well and a couple of whinces at my own gullability

Like Jabba I was a member of the original ST Forum. As far as I recall I found it after hearing Paul Lavers mention it on air.

Latest posts

Back