shorter product shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Has a new directive been put into force ?

Everytime I've switched on - particularly at the end of the hour, another product is being aired other than the one advertised.

Just watching Vionic footwear, and it was cut off 20 minutes before the end in order to flog more beauty products !! whats that all about.

This smacks of desperation selling, and is very annoying. Its happening more and more, at the end of a show to plug the latest TSV every hour, no doubt to catch an audience throughout the day.

I posted about this a bit ago now we have had hours being cut short by TSV’s, beauty pick of the months, supersizes of the month, AH trunks, Dyson hairdryers, big deals, Julian McDonald picture frames, mini facial hair removers, Lakeland dryers, plus Uncle Tom Clobbly and all.
You loose sense of what’s happening between that and the presenter saying I’m over on Style next then the guest saying I’m back on Style tomorrow but you don’t know what with.
:mysmilie_3::mysmilie_17:

I am very fed up with the Dyson hairdryer popping up everywhere. I would be a bit peeved if I was a guest who had traveled from the US or Canada for instance and then got my show cut to punt another product.

CC

Has a new directive been put into force ?

Everytime I've switched on - particularly at the end of the hour, another product is being aired other than the one advertised.

Just watching Vionic footwear, and it was cut off 20 minutes before the end in order to flog more beauty products !! whats that all about.

This smacks of desperation selling, and is very annoying. Its happening more and more, at the end of a show to plug the latest TSV every hour, no doubt to catch an audience throughout the day.

I totally agree with you, Brissles, and find those "waiting in the wings" bits nauseatingly false and an unwelcome distraction from whatever themed hour happens to be on at the time. It's something of a clunky gear change to go from Diamonique to that "irrit midget" and super saccharine Cath Huntley touting another piss-dull vacuum cleaner. I can't stand the chummy links / handovers:

Craig Rowe: "Before we move into the final third of this Diamonique show, Catherine is up at 11 with an hour of Dyson vacuum cleaners. And here she is to tell us all about it. Hello Catherine.

Cath Huntley: "Yes Craig, I'm so excited (midget stares aggressively and opens his mouth to speak but Cath just carries on talking) to be bringing an amazing deal on this volcanic vacuum with a special syrupy One Time Only Price. You have to see it to believe it blah blah blah bollocks."

There is NO NEED FOR IT. They've already told us what the hour is. Just let it happen as there is NO NEED FOR ANY PREVIEW. Seasoned viewers know what will happen. The previous model, once vaunted as the best thing since sliced bread, will pale in comparison to the new, improved version. That ghastly bloke will chuck a load of crap on floor tile that's been pre-treated with Scotchgard and they'll turn down the power setting on the old model to make the new one look better by comparison. DULL. DULL. DULL!

I remember a long time ago when a presenter actually had to work for their QVC wages, when they'd sit there and describe the product all on their own and review the whole hour at the end of the 60 minutes, now they just gab for about 45 minutes with a guest presenter......and that's it.

I remember a long time ago when a presenter actually had to work for their QVC wages, when they'd sit there and describe the product all on their own and review the whole hour at the end of the 60 minutes, now they just gab for about 45 minutes with a guest presenter......and that's it.

Oh those were the days the presenters actually prepared for their hours and knew the products
I recall a TSV launch and the two hour show afterwards when Jill Franks had been put on to do other than fitness she so struggled through those hours

There have been quite a few complaints on the QVC Facebook page from people who turn over expecting X and get the Dyson Hairdryer or something totally different from the name show. Seems the shows are actually 45 minutes now and the last 15 minutes are the product of the month or the week from Beauty, Gardening or Clothes. Or of course the ****** Dyson Hairdryer.

I suppose they are trying to “snare” viewers who watch only a small selection of brands, in the hope that if they are unexpectedly “exposed” to something else they will be converted to 24/7 viewers and purchasers !

If they are “desperate” it’s due to 2 main factors:
1. P&p costs
2. Poor presentations - not enough info, confusing info and “lies” by omitting info. I can spot this last one a mile off now and even go to the lengths of googling an item to check my suspicions.

Remember when JR told us she had to talk for 4 minutes about a pencil during her tryout.

Now they wouldn’t bother just get them to use their iPad and talk about their friends/family/building work/holidays - in fact anything other than the actual product and Bob’s your uncle you’ve got the job.

Latest posts

Back