Silky Soft Complete

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teddybear581

Registered Shopper
(the hair removing system that uses fine sandpaper)
I have seen this on an infomercial and though it looked good..but then doesnt everything?:confused2:
Anyway, when I saw it on Qvc I decided to order it to give it a go.
It arrived this morning and it is brilliant!
I have just done my legs and I dont have the "plucked chicken" look i get when I epilate. . I dont know how long it will take for the hairs to grow back again but it won't matter too much as it is so quick and easy to use.
I am off now to do my underarms .
One thing I would say that if you use fake tan you might find it takes it off as it exfoliates but I dont use it so I dont care LOL!!!

(the hair removing system that uses fine sandpaper)
I have seen this on an infomercial and though it looked good..but then doesnt everything?:confused2:
Anyway, when I saw it on Qvc I decided to order it to give it a go.
It arrived this morning and it is brilliant!
I have just done my legs and I dont have the "plucked chicken" look i get when I epilate. . I dont know how long it will take for the hairs to grow back again but it won't matter too much as it is so quick and easy to use.
I am off now to do my underarms .
One thing I would say that if you use fake tan you might find it takes it off as it exfoliates but I dont use it so I dont care LOL!!!

Thanks for that teddybear, wish I'd ordered it now. There were so many negative comments, and I have to admit I felt negative about it's ability, that I didn't bother. Let us know how you get on with other areas, I'd particularly like to know if it works on the face.

Thanks for that teddybear, wish I'd ordered it now. There were so many negative comments, and I have to admit I felt negative about it's ability, that I didn't bother. Let us know how you get on with other areas, I'd particularly like to know if it works on the face.

OK, who's going to be the first to admit they need it there?:thinking2:
Just kidding.

Mine arrived while I was away at the weekend, and so I've only had a practice on my arms, but it does seem to work well, and my skin feels silky smooth!

OK, who's going to be the first to admit they need it there?:thinking2:
Just kidding.

Mine arrived while I was away at the weekend, and so I've only had a practice on my arms, but it does seem to work well, and my skin feels silky smooth!

Mine arrived this morning and, I admit, I need it! I developed a fairly hairy face when I had to stop taking HRT. I don't know if that was just coincidence or if it was related. But I hated it. I had been using a cream to remove the hair but there were a couple of times it actually burnt my skin. BUT, this seems to work quite well. I have only done a small area by my ear, but it is not sore, or red and my skin feels quite smooth. So I give it the thumbs up! Hope it works for everyone!

B

Just arrived

Hi,
Mine has just been delivered. I am off to have a play with it. I have high hopes for it after reading the other posts in this thread!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I did two lower legs, need to strip off a bit more to do further:thinking2:Brilliant is all I can say

Great results!

Hi,
I love this product. I have done lower legs and face and I was really impressed. Will try bikini line and underarms tomorrow.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I used to use the Silky Mitts from high street chemists, they were great for quickness, but by next morning had stubble, got to the point when I was using every day, then started getting ingrowing hairs. Now use an epilator

might have to try this, i thought it looked interesting

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Mine arrived today - better if you do actually do as they say and rub gently, worked fine on hair on calves (shaved and rather short) but also on thighs (longer and hairier sorry if too much information!), toes, underarms (although scrubbed away at that and made it a bit sore-my fault) I am really pleased. I do think it works better on finer hair though, I remember being very excited about Nads, but it would not stick to my hair it was so fine.

I used to use the Silky Mitts from high street chemists, they were great for quickness, but by next morning had stubble, got to the point when I was using every day, then started getting ingrowing hairs. Now use an epilator

I used to use the Silky Mitts but when I looked closely found little scratch marks on my legs! :sad:
Is this gentler then?

I bought these and they arrived on Saturday. I'd already done my legs and underarms before I showered on Saturday morning, but decided to try one of the 'pads' today.

The results are excellent .... silky smooth legs and underarms and no nicks from a razor and that was on minimal regrowth, as both areas were only done 2 days ago.

Need to be careful

Hi,
Further to my posts of yesterday, I think I must have overdone the rubbing on my face, as it started to sting a bit a few hours after I had used the Silky Soft complete pad. I put some Elemis SOS cream on the sore bit of my face as soon as it started stinging and some Propolis Gel before bed and it seems fine this morning. I think I should rub a lot less on the face, but the legs were fine, but slightly rough to the touch this morning. My face is very smooth and not at all sore this morning. I think I will use these pads in between shaving twice a week and see how that goes. I got red spots and ingrowing hairs after using my epilator and so stopped using that. It's all trial and error!

:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Todays update.

I was a bit nippy in the shower this morning over one shin and I agree with Plint that you will have to be careful on certain areas.....but then I do remember going over that part again later last night so it would probably have been ok if I had not.
The skin feels good if I stroke downwards but a bit stubbly upwards..if you know what I meam. LOL! But it looks good.
I tried the underarms but I found I didnt have much luck. I couldnt get the skin tight enough to work on. My sis is coming up today so I will get her to help me and see how it goes.
I dont think I would use it on more "tender" areas as I imagine it would be too rough :doh:but I am happy enough to continue to use it on my legs.

Exactly the same!

Todays update.

I was a bit nippy in the shower this morning over one shin and I agree with Plint that you will have to be careful on certain areas.....but then I do remember going over that part again later last night so it would probably have been ok if I had not.
The skin feels good if I stroke downwards but a bit stubbly upwards..if you know what I meam. LOL! But it looks good.
I tried the underarms but I found I didnt have much luck. I couldnt get the skin tight enough to work on. My sis is coming up today so I will get her to help me and see how it goes.
I dont think I would use it on more "tender" areas as I imagine it would be too rough :doh:but I am happy enough to continue to use it on my legs.

Hi,
My legs feel exactly the same as yours - smooth downwards but a slight stubble upwards. I am not sure I will try these on my underarm and bikini line - I am a bit of a wimp, I know. I am not particularly hairy, so I find shaving OK. I might try Veet or some such for my bikini line before going on holiday. The rest of the time, I don't bother much. I don't go swimming and so my bikini line stays under clothing most of the time.

This system is good for legs and very convenient for last minute touch ups between shaves, I think.

:happy::happy::happy:

Just so you know girls...M&S do 3 pads for £1.00 and they are fab......just be warned though, they really do get rid of dead skin and I have to dust afterwards!:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I tried mine last night, have to agree with some of the others, going down my legs is fine, but stroking my hand up, still a little bit stubbly, After about 40 mins, my one leg was on fire, so think I might have gone to harsh on it, so elemis to the rescue, still quite red this morning, so will wait and see what happens, as for facial hair, Excellent, think I could be using it on my face only. Time Will Tell.

Latest posts

Back