Simon Brown Has Left

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Radiomike

Registered Shopper
I don’t remember anyone posting about this, but I see that Simon Brown has retired from QVC:

He hasn’t been on all year as far as I know, so this must have happened a while back. I very much hope it was his decision to retire (which is likely, given he still has the QVC section on his website) and that they didn’t decide to “retire“ him.

Either way, he’ll be much missed. In my opinion, he’s one of the best guest presenters or brand ambassadors they’ve had. You could tell he did a lot of prep, he knew his products backwards, wasn‘t smarmy or pushy, and was always happy to join in any fun with the presenters.

Why do you say he couldn’t cook? 🤔

Why do you say he couldn’t cook? 🤔
He made a lot of mistakes and admitted them and laughed. He was usually rushed and this is maybe why many of his dishes didn't turn out well. However, I agree with the post that he did a better job than Gail.

He made a lot of mistakes and admitted them and laughed. He was usually rushed and this is maybe why many of his dishes didn't turn out well. However, I agree with the post that he did a better job than Gail.
But it's worth remembering that a lot of the dishes all the cookery guests present are made by the QVC prep kitchen staff. Say they're demoing an air fryer TSV - that's, what, 20-odd dishes over 20 minutes, for maybe six presentations across the day. That's a lot of food, and it's not all going to turn out brilliantly.

He was better than Gail Samways who manages to make anything she's presenting look like slop.

CC
Totally agree - I really liked Simon Brown. He came from the more 'professional' former breed of selly telly presenters and he treated the viewers with a degree of respect and not like they were imbecilic children easily parted with their money.

I like Gail, but her problem is that she seems totally incapable of cooking with any degree of restraint or finesse. The main objective seems to be to dump as much double cream, butter and sugar as possible onto whatever she's cooking, so it looks 'inviting. The woman hasn't yet managed to make a food portion under 1000kCal.

Totally agree - I really liked Simon Brown. He came from the more 'professional' former breed of selly telly presenters and he treated the viewers with a degree of respect and not like they were imbecilic children easily parted with their money.

I like Gail, but her problem is that she seems totally incapable of cooking with any degree of restraint or finesse. The main objective seems to be to dump as much double cream, butter and sugar as possible onto whatever she's cooking, so it looks 'inviting. The woman hasn't yet managed to make a food portion under 1000kCal.
She pours cream and raspberries on top of most of her puddings. She's quite heavy handed. Simon made a very bad pesto in a food processor he was demonstrating. Maybe he was pushed for time, but he blended way too much garlic with oil and basil to make a pesto. The result huge chunks of raw garlic swimming in oil. Inedible.

Totally agree about Simon, but I can never get past Gail’s awful presentational style to see much of her cooking…but what I have seen doesn’t impress me.

I liked Simon I hope it was his decision but remember too he got married to his partner a couple of years back, maybe he did leave of his own account. However, QVC are hopeless with their public relations imo, except it seems when a presenter leaves they tell us and make a big on air hoo haa about it, so why not long term BAs that’s what I wonder!

Latest posts

Back