Skechers Footwear TSV 29/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I recently bought the predecessor to these from TKMaxx (for just £28), there was the same colour range available as the TSV, and the trainers look identical, it's just that I have proper laces, not bungee - but they are very lightweight, and extremely comfortable, and I wish I'd bought more than one pair!
Just a thought on the sizing..... if you find you're a mid-size with Skechers - I'm a size 6, and sometimes the bungee trainers are a bit loose, which isn't a problem with tie-up laces.

Mine arrived today and I'm pretty underwhelemed :( I hate the squidgy memory foam, not at all supportive. My feet roll inwards with them too as there doesn't feel much arch support, the sides of the trainers are too bendy. Doh!

Maybe it's because I'm a keen gym goer and I'm used to firm supportive trainers that stop my feet rolling in. I've never really worn "casual" trainers before.

Oh well, think positive, at least it's confirmed memory foam footwear is not for me!

Last edited:
Thanks Ellaaa I was looking at the turquoise ones but I need support rather than squidge so you've saved me the postage!

I've returned the ones I bought yesterday from the factory shop. I wore them at home and they were rubbing my heels. They are a style that needs to be worn without socks but the memory foam was hot and those inner sock things that you can buy never stay on my feet.
I also reckoned that they had no arch support.

I just decided to click onto QVC out of curiosity to see which of the TSV options have sold out.

And the answer is.... none. Not a single size in a single colour is sold out, or even on waitlist. Despite the fact that two glowing 5 star reviews on Today's Special Value were posted on Saturday...

I think the word is getting around about the memory foam. Either that, or like me, others have been bitten once by the bungee and won't be bitten twice.

Skechers never have enough arch support for me. Feet roll inwards, as Ellaaa says, and that sets off my tendonitis. Ouchy.

Mine arrived today and I'm pretty underwhelemed :( I hate the squidgy memory foam, not at all supportive. My feet roll inwards with them too as there doesn't feel much arch support, the sides of the trainers are too bendy. Doh!

Maybe it's because I'm a keen gym goer and I'm used to firm supportive trainers that stop my feet rolling in. I've never really worn "casual" trainers before.

Oh well, think positive, at least it's confirmed memory foam footwear is not for me!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like them, for me the squidginess is just what i need! I can't have anything too firm (result of a car accident many years ago in which my feet were crushed - it sounds worse than it actually was, but finding footwear i can wear is difficult)

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like them, for me the squidginess is just what i need! I can't have anything too firm (result of a car accident many years ago in which my feet were crushed - it sounds worse than it actually was, but finding footwear i can wear is difficult)
We're all different and few things are more tricky to get right than he right footwear! :) (gosh, sounds lucky that you survived that car accident!)

We're all different and few things are more tricky to get right than he right footwear! :) (gosh, sounds lucky that you survived that car accident!)

Surprisingly enough i was unmarked anywhere on my body apart from my feet. very odd.

I decided to purchase my first pair of Skechers and watched the launch. The guy said they are True to Size so I ordered my usual size 5. They arrived pretty quickly however, they are massive. I then took them to a Skechers shop and they told me that you ALWAYS go a size DOWN with their shoes and that the anyone who works in Skechers knows this. (they also said that these are last season). Am SO annoyed!!!! this was totally misrepresented and I called QVC to explain. They said they had had a few complaints about the same thing. I tried to leave a review and YET AGAIN, my review is rejected, any time I seem to write a 'poor review' this happens. I hardly ever purchase from QVC anymore as I am sick of the presenters, their constant interrupting of the professional guests, the hard to fathom out sizings and the single P & P. The DHS has more of my money now.

My experience with Skechers is that they come up wider than a lot of other sports/leisure shoe brands. Normally this means if you are a standard fitting you can go down a size. If you have slim feet, you probably need to find another brand.

I'm normal to wide, and I find they are sometimes a little big, but as I use lace-ups for preference, I can tighten them up... and I will often wear thicker socks.

I wouldn't be without my old-style big Skechers trainers - they are very supportive and I can walk for miles in them. Utterly brilliant and the best money I've ever spent on a pair of trainers.

I'm less sold on the more fashion-oriented stuff, and the pull-on styles. The pull-on ones are a disaster if the shoes are too wide for your feet as you can't tighten them up. Some of the bungee style are almost impossible to get on your feet if you have higher arches as I do, and then are too tight around the heel across the achilles tendon. I get blisters at the drop of a hat, even with socks under them (and that's a challenge too - fitting into them in socks), plus I've got really thick ankles... so I give these a wide berth based on past experience.

Like with all footwear, it's trial and error... but QVC's postage makes them an expensive test bed, even with the 30 day mbg. The things that I don't like could be a positive virtue for another customer with different feet issues.

Latest posts

Back