Skincare in general!❤️

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We all have our weaknesses- mine is jewellery and unlike cosmetics they don’t usually wear out so no excuse for buying more but it doesn’t stop me.

For others it’s smelly candles, shoes, bags or goodies. If you can easily afford it, like it and more importantly use it then that up to you.
I love jewellery so will have a stash of stuff that I enjoy wearing. the bad thing is a love Cloagau the gold stuff thats a bit of an expensive "love" but I try to just buy stuff once every two years or more because it costs. I love Diamoneek more reasonably priced

Oh my goodness, just read this and thought, this is me! Just ordered some Gatineau I don’t really need, but it was a good deal & I need three more stamps for a full passport before they stop them.

Yep, that’s definitely the sort of thing I do, too, llloyd. In fact, when I read what Donna said about the passport scheme stopping, I started thinking I must buy some Gatineau to fill my card quick. However, it can’t have more than about 3 stickers and I’m not buying 9 products to complete the passport - even I can see that would be daft.

We all have our weaknesses- mine is jewellery and unlike cosmetics they don’t usually wear out so no excuse for buying more but it doesn’t stop me.

For others it’s smelly candles, shoes, bags or goodies. If you can easily afford it, like it and more importantly use it then that up to you.

Very true. Unfortunately, in my case, it’s all of those - and nail polish and perfumes.
🤪
I have (almost) stopped buying any of them now, however. I did buy some shoes in the M&S sale but none of the other things unless in beauty boxes for ages.
👠

Sadly skincare doesn`t come as a one size fits all. Different ages, skin types, sensitivities and so on. I`ve tried expensive brands and cheaper brands with not a lot of difference between them if I`m honest. They play on insecurities and so called scientific gobble de gook, most of which isn`t proven. I have sensitive skin so the plainer the better for me and the fewer the additives or chemicals then the better my skin looks and feels.
Our skin is our largest organ and we wouldn`t scrub our liver with abrasives or coat our kidneys in some kind of acid or massage our heart with several layers of gloop. I keep it simple, keep it clean and keep it supple without paying a fortune or using a brand which tests on Timmy bunny, Benny beagle or Katy cat.

Camay, please!
Imperial Leather! in the posh box with the paper label stuck on the bar.
Wasn't there an advert in the 70's with a couple in matching baths on a plane with the soap, champagne and the bloke in the bath gave an order to the pilot to fly somewhere exotic?
I think the tag line was Imperial Leather luxury you can afford every day.
Last time I looked it was 3 for £1 in our local Poundland

You lot must have been posh. In our house when we were kids it was big blocks of the Fairy household green soap. It was used to wash us, Dad`s shirt collars, the dog, the dishes and anything else. Mum did have a secret bar of Pears soap stashed in a plastic soap dish but it was hers and hers alone.
I don`t use soap on my face, never have done but I use a plain unperfumed squalane based face wash, a simple unperfumed face cream both from Naturally Thinking, if I wear makeup I use a hot cloth cleanser from Aldi and a skin oil at night and I use natural floral waters as a toner.

Not posh at all but Camay Supposedly had Cold cream in it & I spent ages massaging it into my skin.Now look at me @ 73!

I have just finished a bottle of the Clarins double serum, and have seen no good results whatsoever.
I didn't really expect too much from it quite honestly, but some difference to my skin would have been nice.

The only thing I've used that did give a noticeable result was EL advanced night repair serum.
I was tempted by the Clarins one as it has good reviews, but can't wait to get my next bottle of ANR, which I used to use morning and night.
Just found a sample I had of their Global Supreme moisturiser, it's lovely so I'll be giving that a go as well.

I need a treat :)

Yep, that’s definitely the sort of thing I do, too, llloyd. In fact, when I read what Donna said about the passport scheme stopping, I started thinking I must buy some Gatineau to fill my card quick. However, it can’t have more than about 3 stickers and I’m not buying 9 products to complete the passport - even I can see that would be daft.

Looks like they will accept 6 tokens in December:

Dear Gatineau Customer,
Firstly, I would like to say that I hope you are well, keeping safe and adjusting accordingly. I am sure many of you are feeling how I am, in that many aspects of this new way of life are becoming strangely ‘normal’. However, as we all adapt, things are far from normal, and here at Gatineau we are doing everything we can to support the frontline and fight the pandemic.
We have launched our own NHS Staff Privileged Pricing Scheme which gives NHS Staff and workers up to 70% off Gatineau products – for more information about this please visit www.thebeautyroom.co.uk/nhs.
As a result of this pandemic, we face the prospect of the worst global recession for centuries, and companies big and small are having to adapt to survive. Gatineau Paris have therefore informed us that due to Covid-19 they are having to withdraw the Beauty Passport Scheme globally – allowing customers 6 months to redeem all existing Beauty Passports, with the scheme ending on 31st December 2020. During December 2020, the final month of the Beauty Passport scheme, partially completed Passports will also be accepted (with a minimum of 6 tokens) using the points-tally system to conclude what you are due (with a minimum total of 24 points). Once a partially completed Passport has been received, no further Passports can be redeemed after this point.
Over time, Passport Tokens will be phased out from inclusion on product packaging, but in the meantime, from 31st December 2020 Passport Tokens will no longer have any value. To clarify, the Beauty Passport Scheme is ending on the 31st December 2020.
In recognition of your ongoing loyalty to the Gatineau brand, and of course QVC, the Gatineau UK Team would like to offer a small gesture of goodwill in 2021. You will be eligible to receive complimentary product(s) equal to the number of products redeemed through your Beauty Passport in the qualifying period 1st August 2019 to 31st July 2020 (up to a maximum of 4 products, online only). This will be gifted by the Gatineau UK Team, and so while we cover the product cost, all we ask is that you cover the postage cost. It will be, of course, completely your decision whether you wish to take up this goodwill offer next year, and there will be more communication regarding this closer to the time.
In conclusion, the Beauty Passport Scheme is ending on 31st December 2020 and you have until this date to send in your Beauty Passports. After this date Passport Tokens will no longer hold value and will be considered void.
Thank you very much for your understanding and your continued loyalty to the Gatineau brand!
With best wishes,
Andrew Bagley (Chairman of Gatineau UK)
THE SKINCARE SANCTUARY LTD. • 57 VICTORIA STREET • WINDSOR • BERKSHIRE • SL4 1EH 0300 303 2603 | [email protected] | WWW.THEBEAUTYROOM.CO.UK

Looks like they will accept 6 tokens in December:

Dear Gatineau Customer,
Firstly, I would like to say that I hope you are well, keeping safe and adjusting accordingly. I am sure many of you are feeling how I am, in that many aspects of this new way of life are becoming strangely ‘normal’. However, as we all adapt, things are far from normal, and here at Gatineau we are doing everything we can to support the frontline and fight the pandemic.
We have launched our own NHS Staff Privileged Pricing Scheme which gives NHS Staff and workers up to 70% off Gatineau products – for more information about this please visit www.thebeautyroom.co.uk/nhs.
As a result of this pandemic, we face the prospect of the worst global recession for centuries, and companies big and small are having to adapt to survive. Gatineau Paris have therefore informed us that due to Covid-19 they are having to withdraw the Beauty Passport Scheme globally – allowing customers 6 months to redeem all existing Beauty Passports, with the scheme ending on 31st December 2020. During December 2020, the final month of the Beauty Passport scheme, partially completed Passports will also be accepted (with a minimum of 6 tokens) using the points-tally system to conclude what you are due (with a minimum total of 24 points). Once a partially completed Passport has been received, no further Passports can be redeemed after this point.
Over time, Passport Tokens will be phased out from inclusion on product packaging, but in the meantime, from 31st December 2020 Passport Tokens will no longer have any value. To clarify, the Beauty Passport Scheme is ending on the 31st December 2020.
In recognition of your ongoing loyalty to the Gatineau brand, and of course QVC, the Gatineau UK Team would like to offer a small gesture of goodwill in 2021. You will be eligible to receive complimentary product(s) equal to the number of products redeemed through your Beauty Passport in the qualifying period 1st August 2019 to 31st July 2020 (up to a maximum of 4 products, online only). This will be gifted by the Gatineau UK Team, and so while we cover the product cost, all we ask is that you cover the postage cost. It will be, of course, completely your decision whether you wish to take up this goodwill offer next year, and there will be more communication regarding this closer to the time.
In conclusion, the Beauty Passport Scheme is ending on 31st December 2020 and you have until this date to send in your Beauty Passports. After this date Passport Tokens will no longer hold value and will be considered void.
Thank you very much for your understanding and your continued loyalty to the Gatineau brand!
With best wishes,
Andrew Bagley (Chairman of Gatineau UK)
THE SKINCARE SANCTUARY LTD. • 57 VICTORIA STREET • WINDSOR • BERKSHIRE • SL4 1EH 0300 303 2603 | [email protected] | WWW.THEBEAUTYROOM.CO.UK

Thanks, llloyd. Oh dear, tempted again by the idea of potential free stuff without such a big outlay as you only need 6 stickers / 24 points!

In all seriousness, I will ponder but will probably let this go to prove my resolve. Useful to know, though.

I tend to use elemis m/cream, but alternate it (when funds run out) with Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference. However, I've found the best beauty treatment for me is exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate. For me it makes a huge difference to how the cream (any cream) reacts to the skin. Every morning I also give the back of my hands a good old exfoliate scrub as I've noticed how wrinkly they're getting with the hot sun of late, and then slather on some L'occitane I've got left over from gift sets. This works a treat as well.

Finally, us ladies of a certain age, I hope you all give your lower legs a good old slather of body lotion/cream whatever, after bathing. Its something I've done ever since I saw my old mum suffer with cellulitis below her knees. Dry flaky skin can exacerbate it, so I now religiously keep my legs well moisturised as a preventative measure as much as anything else.

Didn't realise Gatineau were stopping the passport. I've had two completed ones that I must send off. I find I'm ordering from QVC less and less these days and tend to get my beauty stash from Look Fantastic - free postage and there's always 10-15 percent off.

I love things that have a pleasant smell. I don’t need any skincare for a while, but I do have my favourites. For me it all started with Clarins, but there are many other brands I have, which never let me down. I love accessories and jewellery, bags, purses, scarves and shoes. I am a jewellery hoarder, have been since I got my first diamond ring for my 13th birthday from my parents, so that’s where it started❤️❤️❤️

I tend to use elemis m/cream, but alternate it (when funds run out) with Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference. However, I've found the best beauty treatment for me is exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate. For me it makes a huge difference to how the cream (any cream) reacts to the skin. Every morning I also give the back of my hands a good old exfoliate scrub as I've noticed how wrinkly they're getting with the hot sun of late, and then slather on some L'occitane I've got left over from gift sets. This works a treat as well.

Finally, us ladies of a certain age, I hope you all give your lower legs a good old slather of body lotion/cream whatever, after bathing. Its something I've done ever since I saw my old mum suffer with cellulitis below her knees. Dry flaky skin can exacerbate it, so I now religiously keep my legs well moisturised as a preventative measure as much as anything else.
Brissles, you hit the nail on the head, this is what I do too. Exfoliation is very goid for the skin, allowing it to get the full benegit of your products. I also do the leg thing, and the hands. So important!👍👍

Oh, you were fancy! We had the Life Bouy one red I believe which was also used on the collar and cuffs of my Dad's shirts. Sometimes my mum did buy Pears Soap a friend still buys it.

We had Zest in our house when I was young, the soap that is 😀

Didn't realise Gatineau were stopping the passport. I've had two completed ones that I must send off. I find I'm ordering from QVC less and less these days and tend to get my beauty stash from Look Fantastic - free postage and there's always 10-15 percent off.

I’ve bought quite a bit from Lookfantastic as well, not lately though. Is it my imagination or are they not as good as they were? I used to think they were brilliant and I do love their advent calendars, but I’m finding every time I look for something when they have 15 or 20% off, the brands I want are excluded. I got a bit sick of it so I’ve given up on them for now. I had an email from them today about a free-with-purchase beauty kit worth over £100 apparently. You have to spend £100 to get it, however. OK, I didn’t think you’d get it for spending £10 or £20 and if you want a couple of perfumes and other treats, say, it’s a nice thing to get thrown in, but £100 is an awfully big outlay for most people, especially at the moment.

Latest posts

Back