skinnytees Seamless Tank Top & Camisole Set TSV 07/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

skinnytees Seamless Tank Top & Camisole Set
Item Number: 156707
QVC Price £31.00
Today's Special Value Price £23.96
P&P £3.95

A pack of two sleeveless tops from skinnytees featuring a slim-strapped camisole and a tank top, both of which have been designed to be soft against the skin, with a highly elastic fabric that's super-stretchy to deliver a comfortable fit while helping to smooth your figure too. Be confident and stylish with this clever design which helps to sculpt and shape your silhouette so your favourite outfits will look even better.

Wardrobe staple - these versatile tops will work hard for you all year round, as they look fab under cardigans or with scarves during the warmer weather or can be layered under shorter T-shirts or jumpers for added modesty and warmth during the colder seasons.

Round neckline
One size fits most
92% nylon, 8% elastane
Hand wash cold

Garment measurements (unstretched):

Chest: 68.6cm (27")
Length: 65cm (25.7")

Colour options:

Black / White
Brown / Stone
Navy / Royal Blue
Raspberry / Pink
Eggplant / Violet

Behind the brand
Starting with Linda Schlesinger's search for the perfect tank skinnytees was born from a desire to find a top which was soft, seamless and fitted which flattered and framed the body whether worn alone or layered under or over clothing. The line began with just a handful of colours and one simple, but perfect, one-size-fits-all style.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.156707

Has anyone tried these IRL? And could you estimate what size you are? I notice they didn't put the larger model in the thin-strapped cami, in the run through of colour options.

i also noticed that they made the plus sized model look lumpy around her middle so they are def not going to suit me. i liked some of the colours though

I'm only thinking if wearing as layer under a couple of semi-sheer tops. They don't sit right with an ordinary cotton vest. At the moment I'm wearing some shapewear vests bought very cheap when Ideal World were clearing stock so I think I'll stick with what I've got!

I'm not sure I need more polyester fashion items from QVC.

Of course these, like Join, are a godsend for QVC as they are one size only - saves on guessing which sizes will sell well.

To me they look too long on the models who are, presumably, sizes 8-10, and are very unflattering on the plus size model who would be more representative of me with my tum. The colours are lovely, though. Just for me I would prefer this sort of item with the elastane but in either viscose or modal rather than polyester...

I'm not sure I need more polyester fashion items from QVC.

Of course these, like Join, are a godsend for QVC as they are one size only - saves on guessing which sizes will sell well.

To me they look too long
on the models who are, presumably, sizes 8-10, and are very unflattering on the plus size model who would be more representative of me with my tum. The colours are lovely, though. Just for me I would prefer this sort of item with the elastane but in either viscose or modal rather than polyester...

Ooh I'm only 5' tall so I could wear the pink one as a dress like the blonde Fat Slag from Viz! :mysmilie_12:

Attachments

• Viz-Comic-Fat-Slags-001.jpg
    Viz-Comic-Fat-Slags-001.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 108
Ooh I'm only 5' tall so I could wear the pink one as a dress like the blonde Fat Slag from Viz! :mysmilie_12:

You'd need to be heading off for a night out in Newcastle, in the winter, with no coat, no tights (or undies for that matter) in the height of winter to get true verisimilitude! Staggering from one pub or club to the next in mile high white stilettos to complete the look. I've witnessed this myself in my younger days (though even as a teen I was the one checking in my thick winter coat - what a wimp!)...

I am glad to see in the details for this vest, that QVC have written 'one size fits most'. To say one size fits all would hardly have been accurate.

The chunky model in the video is extruding parts of herself under her bra in an unflattering way. As we are of the same build, I long for the stiff corsetry my Nana used to wear. Note to Q's slim lithe young fashion buyers, a bit of stretchy polyester is not going to live up to the claims you make for it among your older, lumpier viewers.

i didn't get to see more than a minute of the video, because it was voiced by DF. Within seconds of it starting she said "the buzz on Facebook and Twitter..." Shuttup.

I've got shapewear that I bought from Lidl. I think the tops were £4.99 and they are really soft and comfortable. It's just such a shame that they don't do them as regular stock items.

Yet another over priced polyester/stretchy clothing item. You can buy this type of thing at stores like M&S for a fraction of the price of these.

You'd need to be heading off for a night out in Newcastle, in the winter, with no coat, no tights (or undies for that matter) in the height of winter to get true verisimilitude! Staggering from one pub or club to the next in mile high white stilettos to complete the look. I've witnessed this myself in my younger days (though even as a teen I was the one checking in my thick winter coat - what a wimp!)...

Ha! I grew up "going out" in Blackpool and its a very similar scenario! As Mr Akimbo would say "you can take the girl out of Blackpool...." You know the rest! Also blokes with rolled up T shirt sleeves - one higher than the other to accommodate 20 King Size (tabs not condoms...they're never that lucky!) in bleakest February with the wind off the Irish Sea whistling up Talbot Road (-20 with wind chill factor)! :mysmilie_8:

*Coo-ee Blackpool Tourist Board I am available to draft next year's brochures!

One size fits all my a.....se ! what size is that ? an 8 ???

Best cami's I've ever bought were pure thick cotton from TJ Hughes, and were under a £1 - I bought 6 !!!! spaghetti straps, short body, so no creases around the bum and tum area, AND I bought them 7 (SEVEN) years ago and still going strong. Poly or poly mix just make me sweat.

Ha! I grew up "going out" in Blackpool and its a very similar scenario! As Mr Akimbo would say "you can take the girl out of Blackpool...." You know the rest! Also blokes with rolled up T shirt sleeves - one higher than the other to accommodate 20 King Size (tabs not condoms...they're never that lucky!) in bleakest February with the wind off the Irish Sea whistling up Talbot Road (-20 with wind chill factor)! :mysmilie_8:

Ha ha ha, I know Blackpool well. I grew up in Blackburn - not too far away and yes, there were similar sights there on a Friday night lol.

As for the tops. I too bought lots of shapewear vests when IW were selling them off - I think I got packs of 2 for under a tenner per pack so I've got a drawer full. Don't like them too long as they roll up when you pull your jeans up and it's not comfy.

CC

Not sure how well this has gone. I've not watched any presentations of it, having zero interest in the product. On the website it looks like all options are still available.

While I have no interest in this or a number of other new brand TSVs, I'm worried if they don't do reasonably well that the first TSV will also be the last, and we get pushed down the road of more and more TSVs from the same brands featuring the same products (ie: QVC becoming even more like IW - anyone else think the H2O is QVC's equivalent of the Wagner - same product TSV time and time again?).

Latest posts

Back