Slightly disappointing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the-valleygirl

Registered Shopper
Hi all

Its my lastest load from Rocks. A few disappointing items and some lovely ones so a mixed bag really.

Large Mulitgem Pendant

I was so looking forward to this arriving. Firstly all I could see was bad goldwork around one of the garnets, stood right out to me. Then I saw the colour of the citrine which in my opinion is very poor. The one larger citrines has parts that are clear and not yellow at all. And the smaller stones look very pale and not yellow at all. Don't know if you can see from my photos because they seem to look better on the photos than they do IRL. Also the silver work seems to be covered in white powder?? Seems strange. Also the amethyst doesnt seem colour matched, one stone is significantly lighter, infact citrine are all diff shades too. I am so disappointed....do any of you with the same item have any of these issues??

Don't know if you can see on these?

Mother of Pearl earrings

These are very nice. But I am sure when I bought them, there were no black hearts on them, they were all white mother of pearl. I dont understand why they have some black hearts?? Still like them and keeping them however. Love me hearts

Lemon Quartz bracelet

I have the green amethyst version of this and loved it so much I just had to have this. The stone is an amazing colour. Think I even like this one better.

Abalone Earrings

Lovely. like the shell and the shape. Only thing, which I didnt realise until I was wearing them is that they dont have that catch on the post to stop the butterfly backs coming off. I hope you know what I mean lol

Tanzanite Ring

Now, I think the pic of this makes it look amazing. However IRL, when I opened the box I couldnt help being rather disappointed. It just doesnt seem like, well it doesnt have the wow factor that it should. The diamonds are tiny, even though I love the baguette shape. Not much sparkle or no fire either. The tanzy is an ok colour, no pink flashes but much deeper than my cheap ring I have. Its 18K white gold too, but it just doesnt feel the same quality as my other 18K rings do. Also a bit light on gold weight. Well it feels it anyway. So its going back.

Songea Ruby Earrings

These must be the best out of the bunch. Wow Wow Wow!!!!! The colour and clarity is amazing. You would not believe the red colour flashes you get even in poor light. I think these must be the best ruby ever!!! lol even though I have relatively little experience of ruby.

I have AAA Tanzanian Ruby from another channel I have put the earrings against it to compare. Although good, the colour of the earrings is much better and sparkle much better IMO.

Garnet Ring

I have this in multigem and its just lovely. The garnet is lighter than I expected, but still lovely.

I dont want to lose what I have written, so I will post this and add more of the other items. You see I have already lost my post once to mu compter crashing and I couldnt bear typing this out again!!!

Right next......

Shiva Eye Pendant

Very nice actually, very pleased with this. Looks lovely.

Abalone Ring

Another disappointment actually. Of course I wanted this to go with the earrings and I have a bracelet too. How disappointing though.....it looks as though there is a giant dent in it. There isnt and its just the shell I think, but it spoils the whole look. It looks as though I bashed it and just wear it anyway! So its going back. Think it was last of stock so doubt I could get a replacement.

So thats it, a mixed bunch.

VG xxxxxxxx

Hi VG,

Love your newies.

With regard to the dinnerplate pendant, I had to return this myself. I wasn't expecting very much from the gemstones, just a bit of fun, but the workmanship was absolutely appalling. In fairness to Rocks, Steve does mention on his VT regarding this pendant, that the stones are not of the best quality but that it is more about design.

However, the bezel settings were amateurish, various parts of the metalwork were very rough and there was still residue from flux and/or acid. I was shocked that it had left Rocks in that condition. This was then followed by a couple more disappointments all returned, and refunded in the usual prompt and helpful fashion. However, I never buy with any expectation of return as I have to ask other people to do this for me and/or accept goods that I am not happy with. This drop in quality is one of a few reasons I haven't been in so much lately.

As I know one other customer has had similar disappointment with this piece, I have to assume that either they are all similar or (and I do hope not) the same faulty piece is just doing the rounds.

I love the way Rocks operates generally and would far rather spend my money with them than the "dark side" who, I have to admit have had a fair amount lately.

I've ordered some more pieces today, after a break, and as mostly new stock I am expecting all to be well.

Love
Argey xx

VG the white powder on the pendant is from the setting / polishing and should come off with a good clean. The Citrines look different colours due to the cutting and quality of the cutting - they're not great though as you've said. I don't know how much you paid but from a distance I'm sure it will look good and might be worth keeping. Although there's no excuse for shoddy workmanship.

The Tanzy - is that a marquise cut? I think it has a pretty big bowtie (common in marquise) so you're right to send it back although I have to say that it does look pretty and a good colour.

I'm not keen on the colour of the Songea Ruby (is it a Ruby or a Sapphire)???? It's a tad too orange to be called a Ruby IMVHO and I suspect has been BE diffused???? Mind you, they look like they'll sparkle and are very pretty in your ear.

The shiva's eye pendant is gorgeous and so is the lemon quartz bracelet which I think are my favourites from your haul. If I could log on to Rocks I'd certainly be getting those but as I can't ........... I'm saving money LOL!

this is the link of the MOP earrings I bought....see no black hearts!!!

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=ZM705
Hey valleygirl. I LOVE the songea ruby - such a gorgeous colour! Such a shame about the multi-gem pendant though. The heart earrings are very pretty too - with and without the alternating black hearts! :D I had a similar thing happen too with these flowery MOP earrings: http://www.colouredrocks.com/ai-rm041/. They look blue in the CR piccie to me but my ones look like this: (still loved them tho, so kept them :D)

Attachments

• flowerrr 003.jpg
    flowerrr 003.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Wow VG you have all the items i don't :) The big pendant has been on my wish list for a while but have had very mixed reviews so will give it a miss now.

I love the rubies and all the others could have easily been added to my collection :)

This is my first post here! I love being able to see all the jewellery and comments. I have borrowed the design for the shiva's eye because i think it's ace and have made a similar pendant myself but using fordite! There's something for you all to investigate. Not something that Steve will ever use but I love it!

love the shiva's eye pendant, very pretty. I agree with meeshoo in regards to the ruby earrings, i think the rubies in the ring you are wearing in the pic are better quality, the earrings look like fire opal to me with the orange tinge, but they are very sparkly, and if you love them thats all that matters.

This is my first post here! I love being able to see all the jewellery and comments. I have borrowed the design for the shiva's eye because i think it's ace and have made a similar pendant myself but using fordite! There's something for you all to investigate. Not something that Steve will ever use but I love it!

Welcome, fellow Fordite fan! I have a few pieces of Fordite (which probably is rarer than any stones that Rocks sell, I suppose.........) It's interesting, isn't it?

When I've worked out what to do about photos and actually taken some pics in the first place i may put some up of my creations. I love wirework in particular.
Also when my rocks order finally arrives i may do the same as some of the rest of you and take some pics. I've been waiting for about 10 days now. A problem with payment caused the first 5 day delay and then they went and delivered to the wrong address. So I am waiting in this morning to see if everything is aok!

Your pictures are lovely, it's good being able to see them worn. Thats a bit annoying the MOP heart ear-rings being black & white, I was going to order them but have now changed my mind after seeing your photo of them. I received the flower MOP ear-rings last week after buying them at auction & they appeared on screen as white & in the pictures on CR, yet when I received them the top stones were black, I've kept them as they are pretty, but it was white I assumed I'd be getting & there was no mention of different colour options.

Hi SilverDee and welcome.

In "The Drop" group of forums for VIP members (the princely one-off sum of £6last time I knew), there is a section for makers to share supplier links and ideas, photos of their work, etc. You may like to consider that, it is very new and looks to be taking off well.

Argey x

Valleygirl sorry to hear your disappointed with a couple of your purchases I do seem to have a lot of the same pieces as you, must have similar taste i have the garnet ring and the citrine braclet i also have the green amethst one and i requested the shiva eye pendant but was out of stock shame as it looks nice on you I also had and sent back the abalone ring same problem not a good piece of shell I love the rubies mine are much more opaque but real red (not pink)as some are bought from t'other place love all your keepers wear and enjoyxx

love the shiva's eye pendant, very pretty. I agree with meeshoo in regards to the ruby earrings, i think the rubies in the ring you are wearing in the pic are better quality, the earrings look like fire opal to me with the orange tinge, but they are very sparkly, and if you love them thats all that matters.

Well with the pictures I was trying to capture the wonderful colour flashes you get. I guess now you think they are not clear, but they are incredibly clear and IRl, I see no orange only red! I guess you have to see it in real life to appreciate.

Valleygirl i agree often pictures can distort the colour of things and i find most things i have are actually much better when you get it home and see it in the flesh so to speak you dont get the sparkle factor from a photo the same i might be tempted to get some just to see it for myself as i do love rubies ------and emeralds and saphires and ------i love em all thats the problem lol

*G* I have the multigem pendant and it makes me so happy everytime I wear it! I LOVE it and I think it may be my favourite Rocks piece. I'm sorry yours doesn't make you as deliriously happy VG.

*G* I have the multigem pendant and it makes me so happy everytime I wear it! I LOVE it and I think it may be my favourite Rocks piece. I'm sorry yours doesn't make you as deliriously happy VG.

Mine makes me very happy too! I find that some of Rocks' jewellery has that white stuff on it but I just put non-porous/robust pieces in my ultrasonic cleaner then clean stubborn spots with a soft toothbrush. Then I put them through the cleaner again before drying and polishing them up with a soft cloth. They come out gleaming!

Latest posts

Back