Sob! my clarisonic is a dud!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Isn"t this amazing without this thread we wouldn"t all be checking our Clarisonics, i"m off to check mine :wonder:

I have mine on the more powerful setting for one minute. I use it every morning with Bobbi Brown lathering tube soap and my skin is without any doubt the best it's ever been. I went to the Mac counter in House of Fraser the other day to buy mineral foundation and the makeup artist said my skin is "really really good" :). There was no need whatsoever for him to comment so it must have been genuine.

Even on the highest setting mine is just about causing a fizz in the water but certainly no splashing or major disturbance. I can feel it ok on my skin especially the nose. What do you all think - return or ok?

Even on the highest setting mine is just about causing a fizz in the water but certainly no splashing or major disturbance. I can feel it ok on my skin especially the nose. What do you all think - return or ok?

I use my plus on the highest setting and on the water test it produces just a fizz. I think that's how it should be otherwise it would be scrubbing the skin rather than cleansing. I have also looked at the inner brush ( which should be the only one moving ) when the machine is on and then turned it off and there is a definite difference between the on/off action of the inner brush. I think it is ok but if you have concerns the Clarisonic customer services are brilliant.

Thanks Mia - I will check just for peace of mind but i think it sounds ok by what you are all saying!

I bought the Mia as the TSV. Until I read this thread I presumed it was working properly and I (still do) like the sensation on my skin:mysmilie_506:

I've tried the water test but didn't even get the fizzing - the Mia only has the one speed anyway. Holding it against my nose, I can feel the vibrations run through. I've even done the same test with my (non sonic) electric toothbrush which does osscilate, but got a completely different sensation!!

Has my skin assumed a glass-like texture (like some of the 5* reviewers claim)? No.
Have I been told I look 10 years younger? No.
Have my (not particularly) open pores shrunk? No.
Has my skin dropped off in layers? No
Am I using less moisturiser? Yes.

But then, I never expected any of the above to happen immediately - some of them not at all!

Was the Clarisonic In Water demo on QVC an "actual literal" demonstration, or was it a graphic to illustrate how the device worked? I can't remember.

This it the original demo with Dr.Robb and the Mia from QVC US. Its a real bowl of water he uses.

http://www.qvc.com/Clarisonic-Mia1-Sonic-Cleansing-System-&-2oz.-Philosophy-Purity-Cleanser-Beauty.product.A223178.html?sc=A223178-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-13-_-A223178&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/78/a223178.001?$uslarge$

Thanls for that Donna. The link didn't work for me but watched it on QVC.com and my clarisonic is definitely not doing that. My skin does however feel incredible after a few days of using it.
Still confused. I will try to exchange for a different colour and see if the non pink one actually works.

I'm new to the forum, have lurked for a while so thought I would finally join :)

I got my Clarisonic Mia at the end of last week. I've used it a couple of times and my skin feels a bit better already. But when I put it in water all that happens is a tiny bit of fizzing - none of the splashing that's on the demonstration video. Does this mean mine is a faulty one?

Hi Prettyinpink, my replacement clarisonic arrived today after they collected my faulty one which had 2 heads missing and one and a half cleansing gels used, it was outside the 30 day MBG, but customer services were great. I explained to them that I appeared to have the "Clari" without the "sonic" because it did not do what the demo video did when in water. A sonic toothbrush will make waves in water too. If the inner brush just rotates, it will feel like a vibration because the brushes are moving, but this is not the same thing as sonic technology, which is, after all, the whole point of the product. Now everyone knows that skin brushing is good for the skin, so I am not surprised to read that many people are happy with the results they are getting even if their sonic is not working as sold to us in Clarisonic's demo video. However I was not happy with it. I could have got the same result by buying a baby hairbrush and moving it around wet skin in circles using my cleanser for a minute. The clarisonic is not cheap, I wanted sonic, so I sent it back, or rather they collected it.

My new one is on 24 hour initial charge right now, so I will try it tomorrow. If I don't see what you see in the demo I will get a refund this time. I would want to know from Clarisonic why their promo video shows the brush doing something that it does not actually do in real life. Assuming their advert is not attempting to Mis-sell or breach advertising standards. Trade descriptions "sonic" etc then it would have to be assumed that the product is faulty if it does not equate to the product shown in the advert.

If in doubt exchange it for another and if it does the exact same thing QVC will help you, and if they don't contact Clarisonic directly.

I'm new to the forum, have lurked for a while so thought I would finally join :)

I got my Clarisonic Mia at the end of last week. I've used it a couple of times and my skin feels a bit better already. But when I put it in water all that happens is a tiny bit of fizzing - none of the splashing that's on the demonstration video. Does this mean mine is a faulty one?

Welcome to st.com, as other have said and very good suggestions.

Try clicking out the inner brush bit(press down from the plastic back bit in the middle), you have to be quite firm when doing it. don't panic you will not break it, then try the water test and also do the holding against the nose test. To put the brush head together push up firmly from the bristles bit.

Go to QVC US website and search beauty for clarisonic Mia, they have a video of Dr.Robb doing a demo of it.

Okay prettyinpink1988, then you need to phone CS and tell them you have a dud and need it replaced. Bet it was a pink one, it seems to be that colour the complaints are about.

It's a purple one. I contacted Customer Services and they're sending me a prepaid label so I can send it back. Think I will get a replacement and if that doesn't work then I'll just get my money back!

It's a purple one. I contacted Customer Services and they're sending me a prepaid label so I can send it back. Think I will get a replacement and if that doesn't work then I'll just get my money back!
A lot of people on this forum seem to have had problems, so maybe its a faulty batch. I"m glad you"re getting it sorted. This forum can be very helpful. :thinking:

Latest posts

Back